Another 18 nights RPR, just the two of us & HHN (2015 Trip)

I am heading to RPR with my two teen-aged boys in 226 days (but who is counting)! I am starting to read through your trip report now! I want to know all the must see and must do things about the hotel so that we have an amazing trip.

I am heading to RPR with my two teen-aged boys in 226 days (but who is counting)! I am starting to read through your trip report now! I want to know all the must see and must do things about the hotel so that we have an amazing trip.

Well, I do hope you enjoy reading it........any questions......ask away........:wave2:

I love the new room design-can't wait to check it our in September :)

We really were happy bunnies. The beds were even more comfortable than previous room, Tom was thrilled with bigger tv and everything just looked so much better not having the coffee machine or ice bucket sat on top. So much tidier. Fridge was lovely too, we used it for water and that was about it. But it was nice to have. There was nothing about this room I disliked. I loved the bright open shower, despite the huge mirror when you stepped out.......lol......but everything was just so new and fresh. And I love purple so I was happy. We didn't have to wait too long for our luggage to be sent over from new room, so as soon as it arrived we just got on with getting everything unpacked there and then rather than wait till later. Thing is once all our stuff was out......it didn`t look just as tidy....we don`t have a huge amount of stuff out but it just felt as though we were messing up a lovely room.

Once we were all unpacked again we headed out to Citywalk. We were going to eat at the long awaited for Cowfish.[/QUOTE]

LowesChevy..........the new rooms are indeed lovely......totally changes the whole feel of the place.

But still got that warm cosy feel about them.

I'm sure you'll have a blast in September..........:thumbsup2

Just wanted to let you know how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report. It has been several years since we visited IOA/UO, and we are looking forward to returning soon. I can tell from your pictures what a lovely couple you are :) Thanks for letting us come along for the ride!

Just wanted to let you know how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report. It has been several years since we visited IOA/UO, and we are looking forward to returning soon. I can tell from your pictures what a lovely couple you are :) Thanks for letting us come along for the ride!

Thank you so much!!! I think we're a lovely couple too.......:D

I'm sure you'll have such a wonderful time when you do go back to Universal......so much has changed even in the last few years compared to our first visit in 07. Very different place now.

So glad you enjoyed reading it.........and thank you for taking the time to say so........:wave2:

I have to say, I've received some lovely pm's recently about the trip reports and they have been lovely to read. Some very nice comments in them.

One thing I can say is I never, ever do a pre trip report.......not my thing at all.........I like to have some surprises for me in our trips.......lol......so we pre plan nothing at all, except meets with friends.

Or planning consists of booking hotel, flights, travel insurance and rental car........and apart from ideas of where to eat and where to try new........that's the extent of our planning. Would take maybe one post to detail that........::yes::

But thank you for the pm's they were lovely to read :)

One thing I can say is I never, ever do a pre trip report.......not my thing at all.........I like to have some surprises for me in our trips.......lol......so we pre plan nothing at all, except meets with friends.
I completely understand that sentiment. I typically have that attitude too when it comes to vacations, but I think it's much easier to vacation that way when you have 2 weeks or more in a location. Oddly enough, this upcoming trip has turned me into a planner and I'm guessing it's because we have such limited time and out-of-country guests who may never make it back to Orlando again for all I know.

Surely you must have some plans for your upcoming NYC trip ;) Either way please do a Trip Report for it! Would love to read up on what you choose to do since I will be taking Sus and the boys to NYC a bit later in the summer. :thumbsup2

I completely understand that sentiment. I typically have that attitude too when it comes to vacations, but I think it's much easier to vacation that way when you have 2 weeks or more in a location. Oddly enough, this upcoming trip has turned me into a planner and I'm guessing it's because we have such limited time and out-of-country guests who may never make it back to Orlando again for all I know.

Surely you must have some plans for your upcoming NYC trip ;) Either way please do a Trip Report for it! Would love to read up on what you choose to do since I will be taking Sus and the boys to NYC a bit later in the summer. :thumbsup2

I can see why you are planning........think I may too if I was you!

But we have been so often, planning just isn't necessary.......oh we are full of excitement and talk all the time of places we may go and places we may eat, menus are constantly studied........just don't make definite plans.......we like to wing it. We do look around and see what's new closer to Orlando and further afield........this year we plan to go back to Mount Dora.......or we may not......lol......

Not sure about a NY trip report......my mum wouldn't go for her picture "out there for the world to see" lol......last 2 visits I just did a round up of what we did......just about everything I think!! So I'll probably do that again......or maybe I'll do a trip report and photoshop another face on my mum.........maybe.....maybe not.......:rotfl:

I've very much enjoyed reading this - thank you! We're there at a similar time this year (before heading on to Disney - shh!) so it was great to get an insight into HHN.

I've very much enjoyed reading this - thank you! We're there at a similar time this year (before heading on to Disney - shh!) so it was great to get an insight into HHN.

Thanks!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it........I sure you'll love HHN this year.........:thumbsup2

Just spent most of the day reading your excellent trip report! Loved it :) You mentioned someplace, Sugar something??? I tried to scan back through and couldn't find it again. Is this on Universal property? Candy store I'm guessing....

Just spent most of the day reading your excellent trip report! Loved it :) You mentioned someplace, Sugar something??? I tried to scan back through and couldn't find it again. Is this on Universal property? Candy store I'm guessing....

Wow......thank you!!! Glad you enjoyed reading it..........

It would be The Sugar Factory I mentioned. It hadn't opened when we visited but it's definitely on the list for this year.........looks a fun place.

It's located in the Orlando Eye complex.........there's a good few places there including Yard House too. I know friends in Orlando have gone to Sugar Factory and really enjoyed it.........only 10 minutes or so away from RPR on IDrive.

Here's the link........:-)

http://sugarfactory.com/orlando

But we got through the morning and got final things packed....checking passports and everything else we needed were there......why dow e check 5 times? But we had lunch before we left and this was where I began to feel nauseous. It was getting closer to leaving and they were both fine.......Kyle was joking by now and I think trying to make me feel better......Tom told me later I was grey coloured at one point. But, after we ate it was time to leave.........cases were put in car.......another year they just don`t seem to go in the same way........Kyle came in and as he came towards me for a hug, I just broke.......real tears, real sadness knowing I wouldn`t see him for almost three weeks. He was fine still.......thank goodness. Eventually I prised myself away from him and got as far as the door before I was off again. Now I knew he would be fine, we have good friends and neighbours who he could call on if there was anything......it was just me being a mum. Finally I got in the car and we were off. I told him to eat a slice of chocolate cake as were driving off, I knew if he was eating that he`d be fine.......so he did.......waved while eating a huge slice of cake.

Strange thing was once we were gone I felt a kind of ease, I sobbed a little for a while but soon the excitement of our trip kicked in and I knew we would have a blast. We put in an 80`s music cd.........always makes me smile.

So glad to see another trip report! :) I'm starting to plan (because, I'm a planner... crazy planner!) - and it'll be a mom/son only trip for his 10th birthday. THIS above quote reminded me of me. I get it having the one son. I would be a mess too. <3 AND, also, then, for my 45th birthday week, I'm seeing Duran Duran and Culture Club in concert... so, yeah, 80s! <3 Can't wait to dig through the rest of this. :)

Oh I adore Duran Duran and Culture Club.......very much part of my youth......they seemed so important back then.....along with Human League......and a whole host of others........lol........the Duran Duran Rio CD is a constant in my car.......lucky you getting to see them......haven't seen them in years!!! I keep seeing all these 80's revival tours..........must clamber on to one..........

Oh your trip sounds lovely!! You'll have a wonderful trip with your son........yes, I was a mess......that was the hardest thing ever leaving him. Everyone kept telling me he's an adult but, longest I would ever have been apart from him, I was just going to miss him. Thank goodness for Skype!!! Least when I go to NY I know his dad is there too........

Have a lovely birthday and enjoy that music........are you dressing 80's style??? Love it!!! Hope you enjoy trip report too........:D

Wow......thank you!!! Glad you enjoyed reading it..........

It would be The Sugar Factory I mentioned. It hadn't opened when we visited but it's definitely on the list for this year.........looks a fun place.

It's located in the Orlando Eye complex.........there's a good few places there including Yard House too. I know friends in Orlando have gone to Sugar Factory and really enjoyed it.........only 10 minutes or so away from RPR on IDrive.

Here's the link........:-)

http://sugarfactory.com/orlando

Thank you, I'll look into it! I'd love to read some of your older trip reports but searching is bringing up anything you've ever responded to. Do you have any older trip reports from HHN. I love the details you include, especially the food!!! Ha!

Oh, wait. I think I just figured it out. under your posts there are links. duh. Never mind...

Oh, wait. I think I just figured it out. under your posts there are links. duh. Never mind...

Lol........yep, they're right there......

Hope you enjoy them.........:)

Oh I adore Duran Duran and Culture Club.......very much part of my youth......they seemed so important back then.....along with Human League......and a whole host of others........lol........the Duran Duran Rio CD is a constant in my car.......lucky you getting to see them......haven't seen them in years!!! I keep seeing all these 80's revival tours..........must clamber on to one..........

Oh your trip sounds lovely!! You'll have a wonderful trip with your son........yes, I was a mess......that was the hardest thing ever leaving him. Everyone kept telling me he's an adult but, longest I would ever have been apart from him, I was just going to miss him. Thank goodness for Skype!!! Least when I go to NY I know his dad is there too........

Have a lovely birthday and enjoy that music........are you dressing 80's style??? Love it!!! Hope you enjoy trip report too........:D
Some would say I've never quit dressing like the 80's. LOL. ;)

Some would say I've never quit dressing like the 80's. LOL. ;)

Hey, I'm a big believer in finding a style that suits and stick to it............::yes::

I love looking back at old pics of me and friends from the 80's.........from the Madonna look to I'm not quite sure what we were thinking look...........:laughing:

Gotta love photos.........:wave2:

So we see The Mystery Machine parked up where it usually sits........Tom asks if I want any more pictures today.......now it`s my turn to be pictured out......lol.......we think we will head out of the park as we will be back tonight for horror nights......when we see Scooby and Shaggy.........OK......I`m a pushover for Scooby......so Tom yells, yes yells at me to get over quickly........I don`t run. Well unless it`s horror nights.......but when I look up I actually do run..........I see Velma with Scooby.........

We take a picture of the three of them, then Velma shout me over for a picture.......Tom takes about 100 snaps of this whole encounter.......I love Scooby Doo!!!! Although again, the ones of me hugging Scoob are missing.......

Just as I get over to the door........the rest of the gang appear!!!! In all my years of being at Universal I have never managed a picture with all of them together......and the best part is.....there`s no-one around at this point, so I get them all to myself......yay.....as I said Tom is snapping this whole interaction and there really is about 100 pictures of us just talking......Daphne was hilarious....kept asking me how her hair looked and did I think she was the prettiest girl ever.......lol......Shaggy then said he wanted to talk to me so he was chatting and asking if I liked his hair better.......they were brilliant......and no-one was around......Fred asked if I thought he was handsome......well what could I say.....Shaggy was like Oh Man........

Now I didn`t really care I looked like I had been dragged through the proverbial hedge backwards.......I had gotten pics with the whole gang........there wasn't really one where I did look tidy.....but hey ho.....it`s a park day and I don`t really bother with that at the parks......I was so happy!! And they were all so good.....everyone of them played their character perfectly.......I could have stood there all day......but after about 5 minutes a little girl appeared and it was time to move on.........so with another hug from them all I rather reluctantly let an excited little girl take my place.........we both loved this today!!!! I asked Tom if he wanted his picture taken with them, but he was ok with taking the pictures for me today..........

We did take this one though.........

So much for no character pics today.

We headed out the park and noticed the sky was getting bluer by the minute.....was looking good for horror nights again tonight......hoped so as we were meeting my mate Vicki (tink1957) For now we were headed back to hotel to freshen up then over to Total Wine for another gift for a friend.

OMG -- My son would be SO JEALOUS. We've only seen Shag and Scoob together! Never the WHOLE GANG!! I'll have to show him your pics tonight!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter