Annual passes

katytrott

DIS Veteran
All these years I have never considered the annual passes on our trips, until someone mentioned it at school in relation to DLP. I thought, rather then working it all out, I would come here and get advice.

How does it work out? We normally get the 14 day all singing/dancing UK ticket. Would the annual pass be cheaper? We are going this Aug and probably not go back again till Oct 2011.

I am assuming from a current thread on the us board right now, the annual pass is cheaper for Americans if they are going for 14 days, just not sure what it is for us here.

Even if it works out the same, or a bit more, is it worth it with the benefits/discounts etc? Actually, what are the benefits/discounts?

Thanks

For only 1 x 14 day trip within 1 year usually the 14 day ticket is best. Only way the AP is possibly the best option is to gain a discounted hotel room but often rates are better on Disney.co.uk or a discounted offer open to everyone on Disney.com.
We had them for 2 years in a row but managed 6 trips in those 2 years & a discounted room at AKL. This year getting the 21 day tix again as we are going in August so get free Dining with ticket and room package.

14 day ticket £224 + $14/day parking
Annual pass $520.79 (£344) access to 4 parks free parking
Premium AP $659.24 (£436) 4 parks, water parks, Disneyquest (same as UK 14 day ticket) free parking

Expect price rise early August.

More details here http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm

it's not that the AP works out cheaper for americans, it's that americans don't have access to anything like the 14 day ultimate ticket that brits can buy...

as Wayne said, if you're going for only one trip in a 12 month period, that 14 day ticket is fantastic....americans don't have anything that even comes close...

when DD went on free dining last year, she already had a premium AP (from her trip with me)..
but i bought the 14 day ultimate ticket for her friend, so that her friend would have the same sort of unlimited entrance rights that DD had with her premium AP....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!