Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

Ah, ok, I totally misunderstood - sorry, Disney, lol...and thank you!!!
I think the voucher makes much more sense.

Is the biggest advantage to Incredipass that you can use it on weekends?
There are other AP that can be used on weekends too. Incredipass has no blockout dates, the others do.

Check out block out dates HERE

The only reason I could see buying Incredipass over Sorcerer was if you planned to travel during Thanksgiving and the full 2 weeks around Christmas in Dec/Jan. The rest of the weekend dates are not blocked unless I am missing something.

Does anyone know how quickly the sorcerer passes could be purchased after buying DVC direct? Is it after a deposit is placed or would it be after closing is completed? Thanks!
I would assume after closing is completed. You need your member ID number to be in MDE to buy the sorcerer's pass online (or if they're selling by phone to have your member ID number.)

No the biggest advantage to incredi is that you can use it during Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas week. Those are the times that are blocked out for sorcerer pass. And of course if you're from out of state and not a DVC owner, you can only buy the incredi.

They're allowing DVC owners to buy the sorcerer pass for $969+tax. That gives you weekdays and weekends 50 weeks of the year.

Wondering if AP discounts on things like hotel and MNSSHP can be used after purchase but not yet activated? I won't be able to activate until my October trip but would like to take advantage of the "perks" earlier.

The Incredipass is $1399+tax. Where do you get $2,400 from?

As an example of upgrading, if you had a pixie pass ($399+tax) then you could upgrade it now to an Incredipass by paying the difference ($1000) but keep the same expiration date as your current pixie pass. Not something I would recommend if you only have a few months left on your pixie pass. Instead you could just buy an upgrade voucher which you activate when your pixie pass expires.
I've never heard of an upgrade voucher. Can you buy it online? And will it guarantee that the type of pass I want to upgrade to will be available when my renewal window comes around?

I've never heard of an upgrade voucher. Can you buy it online? And will it guarantee that the type of pass I want to upgrade to will be available when my renewal window comes around?
There isn't such a thing and it doesn't make sense to buy one anyway. When you renew, you can renew into any pass you are eligible for. So if someone has Pixie Dust,, up to 60 days prior through 30 days after expiration, they can renew. Up to this point, there hasn't been issues for Florida residents to renew into any pass type.

My renewal window is 5/5. I'm worried that with passes finally going back on sale that by the 5th there won't be the availability to upgrade from the Pixie Pass. There has never NOT been availability to upgrade at renewal time?

My renewal window is 5/5. I'm worried that with passes finally going back on sale that by the 5th there won't be the availability to upgrade from the Pixie Pass. There has never NOT been availability to upgrade at renewal time?
We have Pixie Dust now when I renewed last week (when nothing but Pixie was available) I could have renewed into any pass type. So you won't have any issue renewing into any pass type starting 5/5. You could have done that even if they hadn't restarted new AP sales. When you do renew, realize though that your new pass type doesn't actually start until your renewal date.

Wondering if AP discounts on things like hotel and MNSSHP can be used after purchase but not yet activated? I won't be able to activate until my October trip but would like to take advantage of the "perks" earlier.
I know I could book hotel discounts with just a voucher in the past... years ago.

But haven't used it for hotel for a while... AP discounts seem to be rather limited on availability, so hasn't worked out. Have done better with the Disney+ discounts.

You will have 1 year from date-of-purchase to active (first use) the AP voucher. The AP will then expire 1-year from first use.
Oh no. That’s a problem for me, as we’re going to DLR in June 2023, and was planning on snagging APs for June 2024. Previously vouchers I had purchased had an expiration of 2030. I’ma assuming vouchers only being good for 1 year is a recent change?

Edit: Yep…from the AP TOCs: A Pass will expire if it is not activated within one (1) year from the date of purchase, and upon expiration, such expired Pass may no longer be activated or have park reservations scheduled for it, and any existing park reservations for such Pass will be cancelled.

Last edited:
Previously vouchers I had purchased had an expiration of 2030. I’ma assuming vouchers only being good for 1 year is a recent change?
I think when the latest version of APs was first released -- fall 2021. No more stocking up on AP vouchers to use years later. You'll still get credit for what you paid but expect to fork over more cash to make up the difference to prevailing prices at the time you activate more than a year out (but I'm not sure if that's even possible if APs aren't being sold at that point).

There isn't such a thing and it doesn't make sense to buy one anyway. When you renew, you can renew into any pass you are eligible for. So if someone has Pixie Dust,, up to 60 days prior through 30 days after expiration, they can renew. Up to this point, there hasn't been issues for Florida residents to renew into any pass type.
That's not entirely true. I and others had an issue when trying to renew online where we were only presented the option of renewing into Incredipass. This had to be resolved by speaking to a CM either in person or on the phone. Still unsure whether it was a true glitch or simply the CM forgetting to do something when confirming FL residency.

We have an upcoming trip May 5-12 and have 6 day tickets. Will they let us upgrade those to an IncrediPass over the phone or do we have to do that in person? I just have a feeling that sales won’t last until we get there in May.:sad2:

Thank you for any info/thoughts!!

Carla

We have the same issue. Going in early May with a package booked. Hoping we will be able to upgrade from my account without calling them.

No the biggest advantage to incredi is that you can use it during Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas week. Those are the times that are blocked out for sorcerer pass. And of course if you're from out of state and not a DVC owner, you can only buy the incredi.

They're allowing DVC owners to buy the sorcerer pass for $969+tax. That gives you weekdays and weekends 50 weeks of the year.
Thank you! That will come in handy one day !

I must be doing my math wrong or are y'all not using park hoppers as the ticket to compare to? I have me essentially breaking even in 2 trips with two 4-day park hoppers ($669.06 each before tax). Even using UTs child discount for both that's still only $169 from breaking even which could possibly be made up pretty quickly with resort discounts, etc.

What am I doing wrong??

The Incredi-pass has no blackout dates. That opens weekends as well as some other holiday times that are blocked for the other passes.
Thanks! The weekend thing for me is the biggest deal, though I’d love to go during the holidays,

Oh, so then if I can’t until early September (for November), then there may not be any Incredipass’ left?

The only reason I could see buying Incredipass over Sorcerer was if you planned to travel during Thanksgiving and the full 2 weeks around Christmas in Dec/Jan. The rest of the weekend dates are not blocked unless I am missing something.
I think the Sorcerer makes the most sense...or even Pirate - since I value weekdays the most.

Thanks !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter