Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

I'm on the fence whether to upgrade my current 2 day tickets for the end of April or buy AP's and not activate until our September trip. My anniversary date would be end of April if I just changed my 2 day tickets to AP's. Only problem with that is my husband got Grand Jury duty which apparently you're commited to for 3 months. Next Jan, Feb and March are a no go for us since we live in MA. I love going to FL in Feb too. 😭

It was mentioned in another thread that you should be able to login to your account and go to your tickets and there is a button to modify. Clicking that should then allow you to change to an AP. This was based on a phone. Not sure if it will actually work that way or not but worth trying before spending time calling.
Thank you for the info!!
I sure hope it works online. I can only imagine waiting on hold for hours over the phone.

I found this via Disney Tourist Blog, which I've always found to have reliable info (they predicted APs coming back this month actually).

"Beginning April 20, 2023, existing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will also have the option to upgrade their Annual Pass into any available pass type outside of their renewal window on the DisneyWorld.com website or via the My Disney Experience app. The difference in price must be paid in full at the time of the upgrade and the new pass will have the same expiration date as the original pass."

Hope that helps.
Am I missing something? If I upgrade and spend all that money, it will expire in November, when my current AP expires? And then I’ll have to renew again at full price?

Am I missing something? If I upgrade and spend all that money, it will expire in November, when my current AP expires? And then I’ll have to renew again at full price?

It’s an opportunity for APs with blackout dates to upgrade outside their 90 day renewal window.

Ouch incredi-pass with tax has to be close to 1500. How much sales tax rate for Florida? Not sure I can make it work with 2 trips - 6 days (May)and 3 days this year and 6 days and 7 days in late 2024🫤

What time can you purchase on the 20th? Midnight Eastern or is this a 6 or 7AM thing?

Ouch incredi-pass with tax has to be close to 1500. How much sales tax rate for Florida? Not sure I can make it work with 2 trips - 6 days (May)and 3 days this year and 6 days and 7 days in late 2024🫤
Depends on the county. Most of WDW is in a county with 6.5% sales tax.

It’s an opportunity for APs with blackout dates to upgrade outside their 90 day renewal window.
I’m not familiar with the window - that’s days before my renewal date ?

I don’t criticize Disney much because I don’t find a lot to criticize, but if I’m understanding this correctly, I’d have to spend over $2,500 to upgrade (to Incredipass) instead of the usual price for Incredipass if I didn’t have any AP at all?

Thanks !

I’m not familiar with the window - that’s days before my renewal date ?

I don’t criticize Disney much because I don’t find a lot to criticize, but if I’m understanding this correctly, I’d have to spend over $2,500 to upgrade (to Incredipass) instead of the usual price for Incredipass if I didn’t have any AP at all?

Thanks !
The Incredipass is $1399+tax. Where do you get $2,400 from?

As an example of upgrading, if you had a pixie pass ($399+tax) then you could upgrade it now to an Incredipass by paying the difference ($1000) but keep the same expiration date as your current pixie pass. Not something I would recommend if you only have a few months left on your pixie pass. Instead you could just buy an upgrade voucher which you activate when your pixie pass expires.

I'm on the fence whether to upgrade my current 2 day tickets for the end of April or buy AP's and not activate until our September trip. My anniversary date would be end of April if I just changed my 2 day tickets to AP's. Only problem with that is my husband got Grand Jury duty which apparently you're commited to for 3 months. Next Jan, Feb and March are a no go for us since we live in MA. I love going to FL in Feb too. 😭
If you can't use your annual pass until September, I wouldn't bother upgrading your 2-day tickets. Just use your 2-day tickets as is and then begin your annual pass in September. That will be good until next September. Surely you can fit enough trips in between that time.

My annual pass renews October 15th. I plan on getting another annual pass for my sister but it won't be activated until we return in September.

Does anyone know how quickly the sorcerer passes could be purchased after buying DVC direct? Is it after a deposit is placed or would it be after closing is completed? Thanks!

If you can't use your annual pass until September, I wouldn't bother upgrading your 2-day tickets. Just use your 2-day tickets as is and then begin your annual pass in September. That will be good until next September. Surely you can fit enough trips in between that time.

My annual pass renews October 15th. I plan on getting another annual pass for my sister but it won't be activated until we return in September.

Yup my thoughts too!

QUESTION: Florida resident with a current, active Pixie pass. Would like to buy an Incredi-pass.

• Incredi-pass resumes sale online only on April 20th.
  • I know I read that I can upgrade my Pixie to Incredi-pass online by logging into My Disney Experience or at Disney's website online on April 20th.
  • When a passholder upgrades, the new annual pass starts the same day as the old pass being upgraded.
  • I have done the math and I am not interested in upgrading. I just want to buy a new Incredi-pass and abandon using the Pixie pass.
  • My first question is can a single passholder purchase a new annual pass when they have an unexpired, current, active annual pass? Does the online website or MDE allow that?
  • My second question is can I have both a new Incredi-pass and the older Pixie pass both be unexpired, current and active at the same time or do I have to wait until the Pixie expires before I can activate the Incredi-pass?
I can tell you it is possible to have an annual pass voucher and an active AP at the same time. My family currently has that.

I believe you should be able to have two active APs but I’m not 100% confident as I haven’t tried that myself. Worst case scenario, visit Guest Services and ask them to remove the pixie from your account? (People do have APs and tickets that are both active and valid in their account at the same time.)

Just make sure you make your park pass reservations on the incredi-pass voucher.

The Incredipass is $1399+tax. Where do you get $2,400 from?

As an example of upgrading, if you had a pixie pass ($399+tax) then you could upgrade it now to an Incredipass by paying the difference ($1000) but keep the same expiration date as your current pixie pass. Not something I would recommend if you only have a few months left on your pixie pass. Instead you could just buy an upgrade voucher which you activate when your pixie pass expires.
Ah, ok, I totally misunderstood - sorry, Disney, lol...and thank you!!!
I think the voucher makes much more sense.

Is the biggest advantage to Incredipass that you can use it on weekends?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter