Annual pass holder room question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by farcus17, Jan 10, 2019 at 9:09 PM.

1. farcus17

farcus17 Mouseketeer

I have a question about a room that was booked with a family members annual pass holder discount. There is something that has come up and they are not able to make the trip. Because of them not able to make it does that effect the rate of the room? I just want to get an idea before we go on our trip. Any help on this issue would be helpful. Thank you in advance..

2. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Someone with an active Annual Pass will have to be there in order to keep the pass holder rate.

mickeynut1 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. mamapenguin

mamapenguin DIS Veteran

Someone could upgrade to an AP, but one has to be presented to keep the rate.

mickeynut1 and dansdad like this.
  5. farcus17

farcus17 Mouseketeer

OK thanks for the heads up... now I know it will cost a bit more when we check in.. at least I know before we go there.

dansdad likes this.
  6. StarSeven7

StarSeven7 Mouseketeer

When are you going? You might want to see if you can get a general public discount for those dates instead. I think if you wait until check in you will most likely get the rack rate for the room which may or may not be a large increase over the pass holder rate, depending on where you’re staying.

kaytieeldr likes this.
  7. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

As long as they produce an active annual pass on check in day or the next day or two, they will get the AP rate.

dtstampz and HopperFan like this.
  8. StarSeven7

StarSeven7 Mouseketeer

True, but it didn't seem from the OP's post that they were planning on upgrading to an AP to keep that rate.

9. farcus17

farcus17 Mouseketeer

We are not looking to get an AP. We have a room at POP with a family member who is an AP holder. She will most likely not be able to make it now. We are going in May. I understand that I will have to pay rack rate unless I can get another room only discount. Thank you for all your help so. Like I said I just was making sure before I did anything or got hit with a price increase on check in day.

dansdad likes this.