Annual Dues - UK PayPal

Maybe we should make a list of companies where we can spend the us$ we have in our (foreign) paypal accounts. (switch the currency on the website to us$)

So far I have tried and succeeded:
get Disney gift cards on US shopdisney.com
Hotels.com / Expedia.com (I think that also includes Viator.com but haven't tried)
Aliexpress

Tried and failed:
Staples.com
Dickssportinggoods.com
shutterfly.com

I also bought a giftcard through topcashback.com giftcards, but somehow it converted back to € and charged my bankaccount, instead of taking it from the $ funds.

Or maybe this should be a thread on it's own?

Hi all,

I know this has probably been asked before but we live in the UK and are planning to pay our Annual Dues. In our PayPal account, we have a certain amount in dollars. I’m aware that if you want to withdraw this into pounds, you have to pay a fee. I’ve seen that you can pay your annual dues with gift cards. Is this to be completed on the US ShopDisney website, and if so we don’t have an American address? Or can this be completed on the UK Version of ShopDisney? I’ve also seen that you can get discounted gift cards via Target? What would you suggest the best way to do this is? TIA :)
I would get a revolut account and card and pay that way. V good xchange rates

I would get a revolut account and card and pay that way. V good xchange rates
The issue is from renting. Unfortunately the only way David’s pays is through PayPal. It’s hard to get the $ out without PayPal converting to local currency and charging a withdrawal/conversion fee which. I’ve tried to send to my US revolt account to keep in dollars but it will only send to a U.K. account.

The issue is from renting. Unfortunately the only way David’s pays is through PayPal. It’s hard to get the $ out without PayPal converting to local currency and charging a withdrawal/conversion fee which. I’ve tried to send to my US revolt account to keep in dollars but it will only send to a U.K. account.
I had to phone up PayPal customer service to add my US account. I have both a U.K. and US account on file and can chose between them.

I have a revolut card set up to accept dollars but I cannot transfer out of PayPal to it, I just get an error message. I also have a bank account that accepts dollars but PayPal converts it to GBP and will not allow me to select the currency. I am struggling to find a way to keep the money in dollars without a US address. I have spoken to PayPal and they advised that there is no way to do this!

If anyone can help I would appreciate it as I currently have far more in there than I need for next year's dues.

I have a revolut card set up to accept dollars but I cannot transfer out of PayPal to it, I just get an error message. I also have a bank account that accepts dollars but PayPal converts it to GBP and will not allow me to select the currency. I am struggling to find a way to keep the money in dollars without a US address. I have spoken to PayPal and they advised that there is no way to do this!

If anyone can help I would appreciate it as I currently have far more in there than I need for next year's dues.
I set up my account with the old suntrust bank when we visited one year. This is now truist bank, just needed to show passports. I assume they would let you open one. The nearest branch to Disney is in Celebration near publix. However we have stopped doing this because PayPal charge to transfer now! Last time we bought electronic gift cards and used them as spending money or pay dues. This time we booked a cruise and used the rental money directly from the broker (they are also an TA) avoiding PayPal totally. We could not transfer dollars to our bank in the U.K. which can hold dollars. It would but weirdly convert $ to £ then back to $!

I think if i wanted a usa account now I would use Wise, and not bother with Truist. Was are uk based but give you a USA routing code and account number

I think if i wanted a usa account now I would use Wise, and not bother with Truist. Was are uk based but give you a USA routing code and account number
I’m a happy Wise customer…use them to pay my dues each month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter