Annual dues due date clarification question

pharm55

Mouseketeer
We have always paid our annual dues by Jan 15th. From reading on the boards I have been under the impression that you can actually delay this and pay by Feb 14th and not be assessed a late penalty.
Is this true??
Under notifications when I log into DVC it says:
"As a reminder, Annual Dues must be paid by January 15 of each year."
If I wait until the 20th of January to pay will I pay more than if I pay on the 15th?
TIA.

Just thought of something else - it doesn't matter that we currently have a reservation for summer 2019 - correct?
They won't cancel it on us if we don't pay by Jan 15?

Just thought of something else - it doesn't matter that we currently have a reservation for summer 2019 - correct?

We have a reservation for the fall and we are not paying till the 17th because of biweekly paychecks. I would think they wouldnt do that they would have to wait till after the 14th of Feb i would think

Last edited:

Nothing will happen unless dues are still unpaid after 2/14.

I usually pay mine the first week of Feb. it does not affect future reservations as it is not considered late till Feb 15 th.

You can do monthly payments in advance on your credit card. It might not be as convenient but it means you don’t have to pay a lump sum next year.

You can do monthly payments in advance on your credit card. It might not be as convenient but it means you don’t have to pay a lump sum next year.
Do you have to phone in to do that?? I had read that once before but when I tried to go do that on our account it will not allow it.

I haven’t done it myself yet as I’m a new owner, but I intend to. Apparently you can do it online by going to the dues payment and selecting the option for other amount and paying whatever you choose. I’m hoping to split mine over 10 months.

I haven’t done it myself yet as I’m a new owner, but I intend to. Apparently you can do it online by going to the dues payment and selecting the option for other amount and paying whatever you choose. I’m hoping to split mine over 10 months.
Interesting...I was able to find the "other amount" like you said but it only shows up if I click on pay by contract. Thanks! I am going to try that in a couple of months to see if it will let me put instalments down.

You select to pay by contract, then select to pay an "other" amount, and you can pay monthly this way with a credit card, Visa redemption Card, or gift card.

For those of the member who are international, could you setup a US checking about with an online bank, and make a mininum deposit into that bank with a checking account, and then just pay with gift cards or credit cards monthly. I'm not sure about the rules regarding non-US citizens holding US bank account though.

We have always waited until the beginning of February. Last year was the first time we had an early February reservation, and nothing happened to it, it ended before we paid.

You select to pay by contract, then select to pay an "other" amount, and you can pay monthly this way with a credit card, Visa redemption Card, or gift card.

For those of the member who are international, could you setup a US checking about with an online bank, and make a mininum deposit into that bank with a checking account, and then just pay with gift cards or credit cards monthly. I'm not sure about the rules regarding non-US citizens holding US bank account though.
Non-US citizens can have US accounts but if you are only going there for a short holiday once a year then easier to just do the credit card thing IMO. Both my parents have US accounts as they are snowbirds and they have to provide proof of non-residency on these forms every (I think) year so it is possible.

Non-US citizens can have US accounts but if you are only going there for a short holiday once a year then easier to just do the credit card thing IMO. Both my parents have US accounts as they are snowbirds and they have to provide proof of non-residency on these forms every (I think) year so it is possible.

The problem is that you need a checking account routing number to setup the direct withdrawal for the monthly payment plan. First you setup the monthly payment plan, and then just a few days before it's due you pay the monthly balance off with a credit card or gift card.

Do you have to phone in to do that?? I had read that once before but when I tried to go do that on our account it will not allow it.

Good question. I don’t know if you can make a payment if there’s no balance due. I know once the dues amounts are posted towards the end of the year, you can make a partial payment, by any payment means (credit card, debit, Disney Gift card, etc.)

The problem is that you need a checking account routing number to setup the direct withdrawal for the monthly payment plan. First you setup the monthly payment plan, and then just a few days before it's due you pay the monthly balance off with a credit card or gift card.

I enrolled in monthly payment for the first time. There is no option to use a credit card to do a partial payment on a contract enrolled in auto pay. Here's the message: "Contracts Enrolled in Autopay can only receive partial payments by Disney Gift Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card".

I could pay off the entire amount with a credit card but can't do a partial payment.

I enrolled in monthly payment for the first time. There is no option to use a credit card to do a partial payment on a contract enrolled in auto pay. Here's the message: "Contracts Enrolled in Autopay can only receive partial payments by Disney Gift Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card".

I could pay off the entire amount with a credit card but can't do a partial payment.

Sorry, didn't realize you couldn't use a credit card, because it comes up in the drop down payment form. I have been using discounted gift cards from BJ's and getting 4% off plus the points on my Jetblue Card for flights.

Sorry, didn't realize you couldn't use a credit card, because it comes up in the drop down payment form. I have been using discounted gift cards from BJ's and getting 4% off plus the points on my Jetblue Card for flights.
Actually, you're not the only one to say that. It seemed like last year that could be done so I'm wondering if they changed it this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!