Annual dues due date clarification question

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by pharm55, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:16 PM.

1. pharm55

pharm55 Mouseketeer

We have always paid our annual dues by Jan 15th. From reading on the boards I have been under the impression that you can actually delay this and pay by Feb 14th and not be assessed a late penalty.
    Is this true??
    Under notifications when I log into DVC it says:
    "As a reminder, Annual Dues must be paid by January 15 of each year."
    If I wait until the 20th of January to pay will I pay more than if I pay on the 15th?
    TIA.

2. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

No late fees or interest will be applied as long as you pay on or before 2/14.

pharm55 likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. pharm55

pharm55 Mouseketeer

Just thought of something else - it doesn't matter that we currently have a reservation for summer 2019 - correct?
    They won't cancel it on us if we don't pay by Jan 15?

5. babesboo99

babesboo99 Veteren Disney Vacationer

We have a reservation for the fall and we are not paying till the 17th because of biweekly paychecks. I would think they wouldnt do that they would have to wait till after the 14th of Feb i would think

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 5:47 PM
    pharm55 likes this.
  6. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

Nothing will happen unless dues are still unpaid after 2/14.

pharm55 likes this.
  7. Shelly S

Shelly S Mouseketeer

I usually pay mine the first week of Feb. it does not affect future reservations as it is not considered late till Feb 15 th.

pharm55 likes this.
  8. Matty B13

Matty B13 DIS Veteran

You can always switch to monthly payments and spread it out over the whole year.

9. pharm55

pharm55 Mouseketeer

Unfortunately without a US bank account we can't. I wish they would let you do partial credit card payments through the year.

10. Noodlez

Noodlez Earning My Ears

You can do monthly payments in advance on your credit card. It might not be as convenient but it means you don’t have to pay a lump sum next year.

11. pharm55

pharm55 Mouseketeer

Do you have to phone in to do that?? I had read that once before but when I tried to go do that on our account it will not allow it.

12. Noodlez

Noodlez Earning My Ears

I haven’t done it myself yet as I’m a new owner, but I intend to. Apparently you can do it online by going to the dues payment and selecting the option for other amount and paying whatever you choose. I’m hoping to split mine over 10 months.

pharm55 likes this.
  13. pharm55

pharm55 Mouseketeer

Interesting...I was able to find the "other amount" like you said but it only shows up if I click on pay by contract. Thanks! I am going to try that in a couple of months to see if it will let me put instalments down.

Noodlez likes this.
  14. Matty B13

Matty B13 DIS Veteran

You select to pay by contract, then select to pay an "other" amount, and you can pay monthly this way with a credit card, Visa redemption Card, or gift card.

For those of the member who are international, could you setup a US checking about with an online bank, and make a mininum deposit into that bank with a checking account, and then just pay with gift cards or credit cards monthly. I'm not sure about the rules regarding non-US citizens holding US bank account though.

Noodlez likes this.
  15. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

We have always waited until the beginning of February. Last year was the first time we had an early February reservation, and nothing happened to it, it ended before we paid.

16. pharm55

pharm55 Mouseketeer

Non-US citizens can have US accounts but if you are only going there for a short holiday once a year then easier to just do the credit card thing IMO. Both my parents have US accounts as they are snowbirds and they have to provide proof of non-residency on these forms every (I think) year so it is possible.

17. Matty B13

Matty B13 DIS Veteran

The problem is that you need a checking account routing number to setup the direct withdrawal for the monthly payment plan. First you setup the monthly payment plan, and then just a few days before it's due you pay the monthly balance off with a credit card or gift card.