Annoyed. My First Vent of the New Year

My husband is always nagging at me for keeping boxes of stuff but I always keep the box something comes in until enough time has passed or I know I'm not going to need it like I know the store if I have to make a return doesn't care (like Costco, etc). This one is on your husband ::yes::
My DH likes to keep the boxes too but he now agrees to recycle them once the return period is over on most of them. He does keep boxes forever for some of his electronics and his guitars just in case he needs to ship them somewhere for servicing. That's reasonable. Before he started to let go of the other boxes, I was concerned about the cardboard possibly becoming a fire hazard and a place for mice to take up residency in my attic.

Amazon sells their returns in multiple ways. One, is on their own Amazon Marketplace as used items. Another way is that they sell “return pallets” of random junk. Another way is they sell entire truck loads of return pallets to liquidators who then sell to the public.
Ah good to know. I did some googling, because I was sure there was something about returned products being destroyed. This is about Europe (where I am), but if it is cheaper here to destroy the product than to resell it, I wouldnt be surprised if this is / was the case in the US.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ama...stroyed-inventory-from-unsold-products-2021-8

I also know that some of those products end up at "Treasure Hunt" stores. I know they have one of those in Evansville, and I am sure they (or something similar) are all over the country. They have like a schedule where new merchandise is revealed on like a Friday and everything in the store is $5, then the price lowers on a schedule until it is like .25... then a new batch of $5 stuff starts the whole process over. I have been to it before, PRE-covid. As far as I know it still exists though (I don't make it down there to Eville too often). I remember it was crowded, there are so many bins of junk. I think their gimmick is to hide some really expensive/nice stuff somewhere in the store and you will end up buying a bunch of junk that you didn't know you wanted while looking for that "treasure".

I did buy a toaster there, I have had it a few years now and it works great. I dug around until I found one that did not have a "defective tag" on it. I remember a lot of the stuff like that had those store "defective tags"and an explanation of why the stuff was being returned, and what was wrong with it.

Actually what I was trying to convey is sometimes people at any moment's notice yell for the supervisor. We all know that person. It happens with a call center, it happens in stores. It's the type of person who regardless of the situation if it's not an answer they don't like (even if they are in the wrong) demand the supervisor. People tend to not think how that might affect the employee. That is a customer problem when you always go that route just because you didn't get your way..we have a name for it..one I don't use myself but yeah there's a name.

My comment was a response to the "ask for the supervisor that works" kinda of thought. Don't get me wrong there's a time and a place for an escalation, everyone should be able to do that but when you have people who go that route all the time, that's what I was commenting about.

In my circle now that would be a "Grumpy Old Man!" In my work years a "Difficult Insured!"

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson: Was the word you were searching for, a better than, passive, or tank?

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson: Was the word you were searching for, a better than, passive, or tank?
It was just "Karen" IIRC so nothing too scandalous lol just didn't necessarily want to call out someone as "a Karen" on the thread. It's just not a term I use directed at someone personally. I'm positive though people in customer service positions probably have non-DIS friendly descriptors they use for people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter