Announcement

I'm OK as long as we keep planning cruises in the fall/winter months. :)

AmyJ of Ca said:
Does anyone else find it exhausting trying to keep on top of this stuff so you can get the best price for your family? I hope they release those dates before then but I guess I'll just have to keep checking the boards to stay up to date. Amy :flower:

Yes, totally.... I was hoping we'd get some news...

Tina :listen:

April 2006 is sooooo long away! Wonder where they are putting the ship then if they have to work out more details? Wonder where I am going on vacation in 2007!!!

I would love to know any new info too! Particularly on the 2007 sailings. Here's hoping a little pixie dust will help all!! :wizard:

I suspect IF there is any announcement it would be today, not yesterday, since today is Disneyland's 50th birthday.
Given that the west coast cruises have been sellouts, at higher rates than the caribbbean cruises, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the ships return, but I have NO inside information.

bumping this up since it has the most posts.

Did I miss something? Why does everyone seem to think there is going to be some sort of announcement?

Here is a link to some news???
1111111111.jpg

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050717/175023.html?.v=1

That certainly is wonderful magical news. Granting wishes for ill children is one of the best things that Disney could do. Even better than West Coast cruises!!

Please post any news/rumors for 07. We rebooked on board for 06 and plan on moving date to 07. Hoping for a different itinerary.

Mjasp said:
Did I miss something? Why does everyone seem to think there is going to be some sort of announcement?
Since last May (2004) when the West Coast Cruises were announced and that this weeks cruise is only a 6 nighter instead of 7, many people here on the DCL portion of the DIS thought that DCL would be announcing the building of another ship and new iteneraries.

Like others have said, cruise ships cost a lot of $$$$ to build (or Euros actually since the ships mostly are built in Europe). DCL has stated that they are waiting for favorably exchange rates (which have happened in the past couple of months). So there really has been no way that DCL would have / could have announced the building / awarding of a contract on Saturday (July 16) - they would not have known 14 months ago that they could proceed (unless the $$ to Euro conversion rate was just a smoke screen).

not surprised there wasn't an announcement ... 'course now the speculation is starting because someone somewhere is saying that Summer 2007 itineraries won't be available until April 2006, but itineraries before and after will be available sooner ... kinda feels like when they announced 2005 :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter