Animators Palate - Drawn to Animation

jasonriv

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Is the Drawn to Animation show offered in Animators Palate on cruises that are less than 7 nights or do they only run Turtle Talk? We are sailing on a 5 night cruise from Miami in 2019 and hoping to see Drawn to Animation, so I’m hoping we can dine at Animators Palate twice and see both shows. I’m just not sure if they do a show on the 2nd night on these shorter cruises.

Thanks

Hello,

Is the Drawn to Animation show offered in Animators Palate on cruises that are less than 7 nights or do they only run Turtle Talk? We are sailing on a 5 night cruise from Miami in 2019 and hoping to see Drawn to Animation, so I’m hoping we can dine at Animators Palate twice and see both shows. I’m just not sure if they do a show on the 2nd night on these shorter cruises.

Thanks
Only on 7 night and longer cruises.

Otherwise, there'll be some people who won't get to see it.

We're doing a 5-night on the Magic (from Miami) on May 4 2018. Here are the dining rotations (from shoreside concierge). Just in case this is helpful, but it's a 5 night cruise and does have Drawn to Animation in AP:

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 9.43.44 PM.png

Last edited:
Just to clear things up a little - "Drawn to Animation" is not a show in Animator's.

From the DCL website (information about the "shows" in Animator's Palate):
On the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder
Be drawn into a spacious yet stylized dining room that recalls a real-life, hand-drawn environment in black and white. Animator’s Palate boasts a fantastic architectural design, where proportions bend and slant suddenly and sketches showcasing characters and scenes from Disney and Disney·Pixar films adorn the walls around you.

Dinner shows include:
  • Drawn to Magic
    Behold the evolution of animation—from pencil test to ink-and-paint. Follow a hero's storytelling journey through Disney and Pixar animation, where wishing upon a star paves the way for happily-ever-after. In an emotional finale, the black-and-white interior of the restaurant is transformed with splashes of vibrant color. Join Sorcerer Mickey as he leads the fun!
  • Animation Magic (available on 7-night and longer sailings on the Disney Magic)
    Try your hand at drawing your very own character—and then watch in wonder as your creation becomes part of the show, dancing alongside some classic Disney characters. You won't believe your eyes!

Just to clear things up a little - "Drawn to Animation" is not a show in Animator's.

From the DCL website (information about the "shows" in Animator's Palate):
On the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder
Be drawn into a spacious yet stylized dining room that recalls a real-life, hand-drawn environment in black and white. Animator’s Palate boasts a fantastic architectural design, where proportions bend and slant suddenly and sketches showcasing characters and scenes from Disney and Disney·Pixar films adorn the walls around you.

Dinner shows include:
  • Drawn to Magic
    Behold the evolution of animation—from pencil test to ink-and-paint. Follow a hero's storytelling journey through Disney and Pixar animation, where wishing upon a star paves the way for happily-ever-after. In an emotional finale, the black-and-white interior of the restaurant is transformed with splashes of vibrant color. Join Sorcerer Mickey as he leads the fun!
  • Animation Magic (available on 7-night and longer sailings on the Disney Magic)
    Try your hand at drawing your very own character—and then watch in wonder as your creation becomes part of the show, dancing alongside some classic Disney characters. You won't believe your eyes!
Ok, so maybe I’m just confused. We are sailing on the Magic 5 night from Miami. I thought they renovated Animators Palate on the Classic ships to be just like it is on the Dream and Fantasy. Are you saying it still has the original design and the original show at the end of the meal the walls transitioning from black and white to color?

Ok, so maybe I’m just confused. We are sailing on the Magic 5 night from Miami. I thought they renovated Animators Palate on the Classic ships to be just like it is on the Dream and Fantasy. Are you saying it still has the original design and the original show at the end of the meal the walls transitioning from black and white to color?
Yes, the classic ships have the black & white walls which gradually change color, which is much nicer than the rather bland-looking AP on the Dream class ships.

Don't really know why DCL gave Animator's a design downgrade on the Dream class. That Crush show is just annoying.

Yes, the classic ships have the black & white walls which gradually change color, which is much nicer than the rather bland-looking AP on the Dream class ships.

Don't really know why DCL gave Animator's a design downgrade on the Dream class. That Crush show is just annoying.

I don't think I'd call the Dream class ships a downgrade, but I do prefer the classics. The Crush show was really fun the first time or two, but I preferred the other one. I can't imagine feeling like I've ever seen all the little touches. With Crush, I know the jokes and I know the dance so...

The renovated part is that the classic ships now have the 'show' where you draw a character and it gets animated--that takes place during the 2nd visit to Animator's Palate on a 7 nt cruise. First night is still the same transitioning from black and white to color (and Sorcerer Mickey arrives at the end). The Classics do NOT have Crush in them.

We're doing a 5-night on the Magic (from Miami) on May 4 2018. Here are the dining rotations (from shoreside concierge). Just in case this is helpful, but it's a 5 night cruise and does have Drawn to Animation in AP:

View attachment 294826
Sorry to be a bit off topic, do you think these rotations will stay in place through next year as well? I am extremely excited about Rapunzel's Royal Table and would love to dine in there twice. But I dont know if its too early to put in a request for a rotation if they will end up changing it?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but this reminded me to ask and I didn't read a clear answer for my husband.

Where is the dining show where you drawn you own drawing and it comes to life on the screen during dinner? Is that the "Drawn to Animation"?

Thanks.

This might have answered it?

The renovated part is that the classic ships now have the 'show' where you draw a character and it gets animated--that takes place during the 2nd visit to Animator's Palate on a 7 nt cruise. First night is still the same transitioning from black and white to color (and Sorcerer Mickey arrives at the end). The Classics do NOT have Crush in them.

Anyone? Is the above what I think it means? Drawn to Animation is the show where you draw the picture and it comes to life on the screen, and that show is only available on the Magic ship?

Thanks.

Anyone? Is the above what I think it means? Drawn to Animation is the show where you draw the picture and it comes to life on the screen, and that show is only available on the Magic ship?

Thanks.
Shmoo posted the answer to your first question earlier in the thread - Drawn to Animation is the color change show. Animation magic is the illustration.

The drawing happens on cruises where everyone gets to AP twice. So on a 5 day, you won't do it. But on any 7 cruise you will. Drawing happens on all ships with 7 day cruises.

Shmoo posted the answer to your first question earlier in the thread - Drawn to Animation is the color change show. Animation magic is the illustration.

The drawing happens on cruises where everyone gets to AP twice. So on a 5 day, you won't do it. But on any 7 cruise you will. Drawing happens on all ships with 7 day cruises.

Thank You!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter