Animal Kingdom

LauraG

Earning My Ears
I'm looking to stay at Animal Kingdom in the Savannah View rooms overlooking the animals feeding. But my concern is do you get the smells of animals while on your terrace???? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

We stayed at AKL 3/23-3/30 on the zebra trail, savannah view and didn't smell anything. The "keepers" are out several times a day cleaning, feeding and caring for the animals as well as the grounds.
AKL is great, have a great trip!

Never noticed any smell even with abreeze.You may notice neighbors conversations while on the balcony so watch the personal stuff;) It is so peaceful and quiet relaxing out on the balcony.Enjoy your stay.The view is worth it.:)

My DW and I were there for 6 nights a few weeks ago and we did not notice any odors from the animals. We did not have any problems with "no-seeums", either. We had a fifth floor room overlooking the Uzima Savannah. The resort is incredible, as are the savannahs. Don't miss the Dinner Buffet at Boma! And, take one of the lobby tours at 3:30; it is really interesting. Oh yeah, go on the Hidden Mickeys Safari (ask for the paperwork at Guest Services). Have a great trip!
Mike

We stayed on Zebra Trail overlooking the Arusha rock savannah. We had 3 Ankole that hung out in front of our room all the time. The first day we were there one of them gave us a *welcome gift* right in front of our balcony. lol. It was cleaned up by the time we got back to our room that night and we never smelled a thing, even when it was new-lol.
Have a great trip!

MiJO--

I saw in your post about a tour at the AKL. What is it about. Also, you mentioned a Hidden Mickey Safari. Can yo give me a little more information. Is there a cost for either and are there any age requirments? We are going at the end of aug to the AKL Lodge. We usually stay at the BWV since we are DVC Member, but Daugher and son-in law are going and what us to stay there with them ( by the way they are paying for it). I know nothing about the hotel except for their restuaurants which I love both.

Thanks

Webmomom,
Both are free. You will have to check for the time of the Lobby Tour when you arrive (ours was at 3:30 each day). If you inquire at Guest Services they will be able to direct you to your guide. My DW and I were the only guests during our tour. Our tour guide, Jed, was a young man from South Africa who gave us some great information on the artifacts and structure of the lodge. The tour lasted about an hour and was very interesting and informative. The CM's who give the tours, answer questions at the savannah overlooks and work in the restaurants are mostly from countries in Africa. They come over here on 1-year visas as part of an exchange program and are very interesting to talk to. Don't be shy; ask questions!
The Hidden Mickeys Safari is also fun. Ask for a clue sheet at Guest Services. Ours had 17 clues for Hidden Mickeys to be found around the entrance, lobby area and Arusha Rock area of the resort. We found them all (with a little help on a couple) and were given a certificate signed by Mickey and a nice gift.
We did not attend any of the story telling sessions at the Arusha Rock fire pit but plan to do so on another visit. They are also free.
I hope this answers your questions.
Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter