Animal Crossing is AMAZING (you know...)

I played Animal Crossing for almost 2 hours this afternoon, and I have to agree that it is very addicting. My only complaint is that is basically a crossover between the Gamecube and DS versions, a very lazy thing for Nintendo to do IMO.

I time traveled once today, but when I restarted my game, my village was filled with weeds. Does anyone know a way to completely eliminate them without pulling out each and every individual one?

TIA,
Simon :)

P.S.: Pete, I think it's very cool that you play video games and not just the gorey M-rated ones. :thumbsup2
The only way that I can think of is to go backwards in time. Either that or place patterns down throughout the whole town (it takes HOURS).

Oooohhh, now I want to play Animal Crossing now...

Also, why does the UK version have a stupid subtitle, I mean Animal Crossing: Let's go to the city, sounds so much more stupid than City Folk...

And, Do the halloween, thanksgiving, and christmas things work on the UK versions, especially when thanksgiving means nothing to people in the UK....

Oooohhh, now I want to play Animal Crossing now...

Also, why does the UK version have a stupid subtitle, I mean Animal Crossing: Let's go to the city, sounds so much more stupid than City Folk...

And, Do the halloween, thanksgiving, and christmas things work on the UK versions, especially when thanksgiving means nothing to people in the UK....
You know, i'm not sure. There was talk on another place that the events in different countries would vary (the day that they occur on)

Can someone in "english" explain this game to me?? I hear about it all the time but have no idea what it is all about.

Thanks

hey you got amy and i addicted to the first one on gamecube, and your the one who got me addicted to video games in the first place at grammas all those years ago.

i want to try the new Animal crossing but i dont have a wii, i had to sell mine:furious:so we could pay rent at the appartment:furious:.

OH PLEASE!!! You ARRIVED addicted to video games - don't blame that on me....DADDY! :)

Can someone in "english" explain this game to me?? I hear about it all the time but have no idea what it is all about.

Thanks

It's hard to explain - it's kind of like The SIMS, just with cute little animals. You start the game by arriving in a town (that you name) and take possesion of a house (that you have to pay off by earning 'bells' - the equivalent of money in the game). You interact with other characters in the town, collect furniture (to furnish your home or to sell), and engage in a variety of activities that are usually geared towards specific seasons. For instance, on Thanksgiving you keep collecting forks and knives to give to the turkey that's afraid of being eaten for dinner. Each time you deliver a fork and knife to him, he gives you a special piece of 'harvest' furniture - you can decorate your house with it, or sell it at the local store.

There are special events that go on all the time that break up the monotony of the game, and yes, it can get monotonous - but addicting nonetheless.

I'm not doing it justice - it's unusually addicting and worth checking out. Theres more info and a video on the official site:

http://www.animal-crossing.com/cityfolk/

I have not had a chance to catch up from last week's shows...but, this is going to be Wii expensive.

I going to need a Wii, the speaker thing, and the game if my DNiece gets it from Santa. The DS game is currently banned at MIL's.

Sounds like a great game...but I don't have a Wii! :sad2:

Dh gave me a choice between a solo trip to MouseFest or a Wii and I picked WDW of course!:wizard:

I was worried dd (7.5yo) would be upset that I was going to WDW w/o her...nope, she's ticked that I picked WDW over the Wii!

She's getting a DS for Christmas, hopefully that will assuage some of the pain.

How is this game for the DS? Worth it ...or should I just pick up Littlest Pet Shop or Hello Kitty instead??

Sounds like a great game...but I don't have a Wii! :sad2:

Dh gave me a choice between a solo trip to MouseFest or a Wii and I picked WDW of course!:wizard:

I was worried dd (7.5yo) would be upset that I was going to WDW w/o her...nope, she's ticked that I picked WDW over the Wii!

She's getting a DS for Christmas, hopefully that will assuage some of the pain.

How is this game for the DS? Worth it ...or should I just pick up Littlest Pet Shop or Hello Kitty instead??

It took me 1.5 years to convince my dad to let me buy a Wii. I am a very clumsy person, so he thought that I would have the Wiimote thrown through the window =) Can't say I wouldn't blame him though.:cutie:

It's hard to explain - it's kind of like The SIMS, just with cute little animals. You start the game by arriving in a town (that you name) and take possesion of a house (that you have to pay off by earning 'bells' - the equivalent of money in the game). You interact with other characters in the town, collect furniture (to furnish your home or to sell), and engage in a variety of activities that are usually geared towards specific seasons. For instance, on Thanksgiving you keep collecting forks and knives to give to the turkey that's afraid of being eaten for dinner. Each time you deliver a fork and knife to him, he gives you a special piece of 'harvest' furniture - you can decorate your house with it, or sell it at the local store.

There are special events that go on all the time that break up the monotony of the game, and yes, it can get monotonous - but addicting nonetheless.

I'm not doing it justice - it's unusually addicting and worth checking out. Theres more info and a video on the official site:

http://www.animal-crossing.com/cityfolk/

I love the description "cute little animals" :cutie:

OH PLEASE!!! You ARRIVED addicted to video games - don't blame that on me....DADDY! :)

lol so...that just means i can beat the "master" of vid games, for i have the training and "I HAVE THE POWER"(sorry he-man moment right there) and the skill will be passed down the generations :cool2:

lol so...that just means i can beat the "master" of vid games, for i have the training and "I HAVE THE POWER"(sorry he-man moment right there) and the skill will be passed down the generations :cool2:

It's genetic, ain't it? I thought it was.:lmao:

the relation to Pete is clear :lmao: :rotfl:

AC lover here too. My DD can't wait to get home from college so she can play again!

We started with the GC version and have 4 towns between the two of us. ;)

Now with the Wii we're just getting started.

For those wondering about all the ins and outs of the game, there are websites you can go to...but, the best thing we've found is to get the game guide :thumbsup2

It's available at online retailers and and many of the places that sell the Wii and AC. It's published by Prima and retails for $19.99. Toys R Us had it on sale recently for half-price. It explains pretty much everything and has a calendar of events, a listing of the character and neighbors, a catalog of all the items, bugs, fish, clothes, stationary, etc. Plus, it also has checkboxes so each player can keep track of everything they've caught, bought or found.

I know it's another 20 bucks on top of the cost of the game (reminds me of the line Rex has in Toy Story..."you can't win the game unless you buy this guide! It's extortion!") but for us it's been totally worth it ::yes::

AC lover here too. My DD can't wait to get home from college so she can play again!

We started with the GC version and have 4 towns between the two of us. ;)

Now with the Wii we're just getting started.

For those wondering about all the ins and outs of the game, there are websites you can go to...but, the best thing we've found is to get the game guide :thumbsup2

It's available at online retailers and and many of the places that sell the Wii and AC. It's published by Prima and retails for $19.99. Toys R Us had it on sale recently for half-price. It explains pretty much everything and has a calendar of events, a listing of the character and neighbors, a catalog of all the items, bugs, fish, clothes, stationary, etc. Plus, it also has checkboxes so each player can keep track of everything they've caught, bought or found.

I know it's another 20 bucks on top of the cost of the game (reminds me of the line Rex has in Toy Story..."you can't win the game unless you buy this guide! It's extortion!") but for us it's been totally worth it ::yes::
I hate games that you have to "win" at or "beat". I end up screaming, and sometimes crying.

*cough*SuperMarioGalaxy*cough*

It's genetic, ain't it? I thought it was.:lmao:

For them maybe, but in my house, I'm the only one with any addiction to video games, thus why I'm studying games tech, so I can make them one day!

Also, for someone whos usually addicted to games (Anyone tried A Kingdom For Keflings?) I've actually managed to stay away from them for a couple of days now, and will do for a couple more to get my 3D environment finished for my assignment. My Xbox 360 misses me......

I'm not a big video game player...most of the games I play are computer games and occasionally Mario Party with my nieces, but I gotta say I totally don't get those role playing town games. My nieces love AC and as many times as they have showed it to me, I still don't get the appeal. :confused3
I got a good laugh out of Pete's post about the Halloween furniture though. I didn't understand most of it, but the mental image it gave me of Pete hunting down the very still Pumpkin head guy was pretty darn funny! :rotfl:

My kids got me addicted to the DS version a couple years ago. We have 3 copies of it in the house....one for each of them and one for me. I'm the one with the biggest house and best kept up town. To say that I'm compulsive about it doesn't even come close to the truth!

I bought the Wii version as a Christmas gift, so nobody has tried it yet. However, they kids know about it and keep trying to weasel it away from me ahead of time. So far I've kept it locked away in my gift cabinet downstairs, but I've been very tempted to take it out some day when they're at school and give it a little pre-play time myself!

It's great to know that us 40-somethings can have fun with these types of games the same as kids do. And that we don't have to keep our obsessions hidden from the world! ::MinnieMo

I hate games that you have to "win" at or "beat". I end up screaming, and sometimes crying.

*cough*SuperMarioGalaxy*cough*
Well, that is one nice thing about AC, there is no "winning" or "beating" the game.

Now, if that schister Tom Nook would just buy turnips for a good price this week I'd be really happy!

Well, that is one nice thing about AC, there is no "winning" or "beating" the game.

Now, if that schister Tom Nook would just buy turnips for a good price this week I'd be really happy!

Alright, my DH told me about this thread, so I had to come over and read it for myself.

I agree, I am so pissed at Tom Nook and his lousy turnip prices. I only bought 100, but I paid 106 bells a piece, and he's buying them for 67 bells!!! :scared1: THEY'RE GONNA GO BAD!

And what kind of 'festive' furniture has everyone picked up so far?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter