and now the 21 day ticket is gone for 2021...

If I’m booked to travel in August, what’s the latest you guys would wait to buy park tickets and book the park reservations.

same for the ESTAs? I can probably do them a lot nearer the time?

If I’m booked to travel in August, what’s the latest you guys would wait to buy park tickets and book the park reservations.

same for the ESTAs? I can probably do them a lot nearer the time?

regarding the ESTA, i don't know, but for the ticket, we're waiting for now.
I would think that for august there shouldn't be that much of an issue with park reservations

Last edited:
I wouldn't do an ESTA until a month before as it's valid for 2 years and why not max out that period. Don't leave it later than that though.
By the way I see Floridatix have 5% code valid til Monday, brings price down by about £25pp to roughly £440ea

Last edited:
I think that may no longer be the case.
I noticed that when booking Park Passes for my 14 night/15 day (actually 13+2 part days) this October that it would not let me book more than 14 days. Attempting the 15th got a "No valid ticket" message.
While talking to a cast member on the phone today I asked about it and he said that it is 14 consecutive days from when you first enter a park with that ticket - no more.

So, we just did a trip with the 2021 14-day UK tickets. My husband is a US citizen and we live in Europe. So, could by the ticket and travel to the US. And we were able to use the tickets for 15 days. At first it would only let me make park reservations for 14 days. But after the first day I could add on a reservation for our departure day. We ended up upgrading one of the tickets to an AP (the currency exchange value was not in our favor, but it still made sense) and they confirmed that the last day of validity of the ticket (i.e. the last day we could upgrade) was day 15. I think the wording is: valid for 14 days after the day of first use.

In case anyone thinks about upgrading to an AP: We were told that you now have to upgrade to a ticket that includes everything in the ticket that you want to upgrade. So it would have meant that we had to add on the photo pass option (which we never would use) as well as the waterpark option. Whether we wanted it or not. After being very unhappy about this, they budged on it. Not sure if it was some kind of "one time exemption" or if the CM had gotten it wrong...

So, we just did a trip with the 2021 14-day UK tickets. My husband is a US citizen and we live in Europe. So, could by the ticket and travel to the US. And we were able to use the tickets for 15 days. At first it would only let me make park reservations for 14 days. But after the first day I could add on a reservation for our departure day. We ended up upgrading one of the tickets to an AP (the currency exchange value was not in our favor, but it still made sense) and they confirmed that the last day of validity of the ticket (i.e. the last day we could upgrade) was day 15. I think the wording is: valid for 14 days after the day of first use.

In case anyone thinks about upgrading to an AP: We were told that you now have to upgrade to a ticket that includes everything in the ticket that you want to upgrade. So it would have meant that we had to add on the photo pass option (which we never would use) as well as the waterpark option. Whether we wanted it or not. After being very unhappy about this, they budged on it. Not sure if it was some kind of "one time exemption" or if the CM had gotten it wrong...

Did you use those components? Photopass or WaterPark? If so, then yes. If not, then likely not.

In the US, they closed the loophole where people bought the day tickets for x days, used them during the holidays, then upgraded to a cheap pass. Now they require you to upgrade to an AP that was valid during those blockout days, which means the more expensive AP.

So, what you're reporting sounds similar.

Did you use those components? Photopass or WaterPark? If so, then yes. If not, then likely not.

In the US, they closed the loophole where people bought the day tickets for x days, used them during the holidays, then upgraded to a cheap pass. Now they require you to upgrade to an AP that was valid during those blockout days, which means the more expensive AP.

So, what you're reporting sounds similar.

Didn’t use Photopass. Was expecting to have to pay for water parks as we did go to them and might use them again. But somehow that got taken off as well when we were not happy about Photopass and we did not complain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter