and now the 21 day ticket is gone for 2021...

where did you hear that?
i've heard that there won't be any british tickets for the 50th (from september 27th to december 31st 2021)
It's been reported loads on here and on numerous Facebook groups who had already booked their dining plan for next year but slowly Disney has been contacting them to remove it.
I can say I've not personally seen anything official by Disney themselves but when I've seen screenshots of the emails people have been receiving cancelling this it seems pretty official to me but I absolutely realise some people will wait to hear from Disney which is understandable

This was included in the Floridatix post they took down.

Strange timing just days after the forcing of UK guests to commit or switch to next year email of Friday. They let me reserve a 21 day ticket only on Sunday, guess that’s going to get retracted!

i don't pay for parking as we're DVC.
As for discounts, they can't make up for the huge difference on 1 ticket, let alone the 9 tickets i have to buy

I wonder whether it will be cheaper for you to buy a 14 day plus a 7 day ticket. May still be cheaper than 9 APs.

Why the floop would they do that?

No Brits for the 50th, Halloween and Christmas? No chance. Business suicide.
That’s my opinion. At least cutting us off this early is. What they should be doing is not putting up the price of those of us that have booked but say we know you want to come, but would you please postpone at the same deal and price. If this needs to be 2 years time so be it. Keep customer happy and you brand is intact.

What a holy mess Disney are making of this! They are hacking thousands of people off way too much which their flip flopping around. Booking an extremely expensive holiday should not be this difficult. They are relying way too much on the loyalty of Disney customers. I've not seen anything like this with Universal reopening. I know they're not as big but they've transitioned through this pandemic quietly and efficiently.

There is absolutely no logic to this. Josh D'Amaro and his team are absolutely out of their depth and it's showing. Quite frankly I could do a better job than them and that's not because I'm some kind of genius, it's because they are showing how clueless they are.
It's clear they feel they need to concentrate on domestic guests at the moment, fair enough as they are the only ones able to visit, but, that is short term thinking and they appear to be failing to understand where the real spending comes from and that is from overseas, especially the UK and Europe, but, what are they doing for these guests? Brassing them off! that's what. Giving us a 35% discount on their current 2020 reservation in lieu of the DDP, great if we could be guaranteed to benefit from it, but, the likelihood is that we won't be able to, I still live in hope, but, if you have a reservation in the next two months it's not looking good? Now taking away the 21 day ticket, why? Again, no logical reason. Is that their biggest focus for UK guests? Not honouring reservations made probably a year ago?! The very least they can do is make the 14 day ticket valid for a month after the first use and for 14 separate day visits, so if you are on a 21 day trip you can spend seven of those days elsewhere are still have 14 days in the parks.
Meanwhile, I read posts on here from US guests getting unbelievable upgrades, someone getting an upgrade from Pop to AKL apparently and all the UK guests are getting is this discount that is near useless. Way to go Disney! And I could go on, but, I won't.
I'm not on twitter or any social media, but, if I was I'd be tweeting Josh D'Amaro and letting him know that we are not happy.

PS. Disneyland is looking very appealing at the moment, sure it's a bit longer to get there, but, there's none of this hassle and quite frankly, apart from the boats at Splash Mountain I think the rides are better and it has a nicer feel to it.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no logic to this. Josh D'Amaro and his team are absolutely out of their depth and it's showing. Quite frankly I could do a better job than them and that's not because I'm some kind of genius, it's because they are showing how clueless they are.
It's clear they feel they need to concentrate on domestic guests at the moment, fair enough as they are the only ones able to visit, but, that is short term thinking and they appear to be failing to understand where the real spending comes from and that is from overseas, especially the UK and Europe, but, what are they doing for these guests? Brassing them off! that's what. Giving us a 35% discount on their current 2020 reservation in lieu of the DDP, great if we could be guaranteed to benefit from it, but, the likelihood is that we won't be able to, I still live in hope, but, if you have a reservation in the next two months it's not looking good? Now taking away the 21 day ticket, why? Again, no logical reason. Is that their biggest focus for UK guests? Not honouring reservations made probably a year ago?! The very least they can do is make the 14 day ticket valid for a month after the first use and for 14 separate day visits, so if you are on a 21 day trip you can spend seven of those days elsewhere are still have 14 days in the parks.
Meanwhile, I read posts on here from US guests getting unbelievable upgrades, someone getting an upgrade from Pop to AKL apparently and all the UK guests are getting is this discount that is near useless. Way to go Disney! And I could go on, but, I won't.
I'm not on twitter or any social media, but, if I was I'd be tweeting Josh D'Amaro and letting him know that we are not happy.

PS. Disneyland is looking very appealing at the moment, sure it's a bit longer to get there, but, there's none of this hassle and quite frankly, apart from the boats at Splash Mountain I think the rides are better and it has a nicer feel to it.
All absolutely true.

it’s why I’ve said all along they do not want us there this summer, we mostly would prefer to not be either. So a win win is to just move bookings on same price and terms to next year, or even year after.

Right Totally confused, can someone explain so my tiny mind can deal with it.

So I would like to go early December 2021 to cover all the Christmas and 50th anniversary fun.

Haven't looked into pricing yet but am I right in thinking currently there will be No DDP or Ticket offers - So does that mean I have to buy tickets the same way the do in the states.

As normally we stay in Disney for the whole trip but if I don't have a ticket to cover every day (or they do but its costing a lot more) might be worth giving Universal some of my hotel and holiday bucks.

i was thinking of the exact same thing for next summer, DL and Knotts Berry Farm are looking favourable ATM. After all the money ive spent on WDW over the past 20 years (could of paid morgage off) im feeling well hacked off

I've been to Disneyland three times now and was planning a fourth visit next year. I stay in a Disney good neighbour hotel right opposite the entrance, it's not cheap, but, much cheaper than staying at a Disney property and is closer to the actual park entrances than Paradise Pier is and probably the Disneyland Hotel is too, by foot. Getting from LAX to Anaheim wasn't even difficult with the Disneyland Resort Express, not free, but still good. Its a completely different vibe to WDW, very old fashioned in comparison, which I liked. Mid September was a great time to go too, perfect weather, low crowds and Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter