and now the 21 day ticket is gone for 2021...

I've been to Disneyland twice on my own (also twice before as part of a road trip with a bigger group), staying at Paradise Pier and Candy Cane. Bear in mind though I believe the DRE and other shared shuttle services ceased at the start of the year so it's a bit more tricky to get there from LAX. It's funny how DLR is a completely different vibe from WDW yet they're ostensibly the same thing! I do prefer Disneyland as a whole over Magic Kingdom. California Adventure is fine although I don't like the Pixar Pier revamp and the experiences at the park are mostly available in WDW too, so as a destination I still prefer WDW as it has so much more as well.

A friend of mine suggested that maybe the current blocks on UK bookings for next year may be simply to temporarily stop new bookings taking place so they can give priority to those with existing bookings for this autumn who may want or have to move. Perhaps in a couple of months the tickets and packages will be available again. It's all a developing situation!

Last edited:
I've been to Disneyland three times now and was planning a fourth visit next year. I stay in a Disney good neighbour hotel right opposite the entrance, it's not cheap, but, much cheaper than staying at a Disney property and is closer to the actual park entrances than Paradise Pier is and probably the Disneyland Hotel is too, by foot. Getting from LAX to Anaheim wasn't even difficult with the Disneyland Resort Express, not free, but still good. Its a completely different vibe to WDW, very old fashioned in comparison, which I liked. Mid September was a great time to go too, perfect weather, low crowds and Halloween.
Good to hear, whats the hotel called please?

Right Totally confused, can someone explain so my tiny mind can deal with it.

So I would like to go early December 2021 to cover all the Christmas and 50th anniversary fun.

Haven't looked into pricing yet but am I right in thinking currently there will be No DDP or Ticket offers - So does that mean I have to buy tickets the same way the do in the states.

As normally we stay in Disney for the whole trip but if I don't have a ticket to cover every day (or they do but its costing a lot more) might be worth giving Universal some of my hotel and holiday bucks.

They've stopped taking bookings past September 26th, so you can't book anything through Disney yet. We know the DDP is cancelled up to September 26th, but not what's going to happen after.

The very least they can do is make the 14 day ticket valid for a month after the first use and for 14 separate day visits, so if you are on a 21 day trip you can spend seven of those days elsewhere are still have 14 days in the parks.

Exactly!!! when i noticed that the 21 day ticket is gone, i put the sad news in the family whatsapp.
My daughter responded that it's ok, this way we'll buy the 14 day ticket and finally do all the other stuff that we never do when we're there.
So i went back to the website to see how long the 14 day ticket is good for, and was shocked to learn it's valid for only 14 days.
Why can't they make it valid for 14 entrances over the course of 3 or 4 weeks??.

Exactly!!! when i noticed that the 21 day ticket is gone, i put the sad news in the family whatsapp.
My daughter responded that it's ok, this way we'll buy the 14 day ticket and finally do all the other stuff that we never do when we're there.
So i went back to the website to see how long the 14 day ticket is good for, and was shocked to learn it's valid for only 14 days.
Why can't they make it valid for 14 entrances over the course of 3 or 4 weeks??.
It wasn't always like this. Last year I had a 5 day Disneyland ticket when I did my double header of both US parks in one trip, and it was valid for 5 non consecutive days from when I first used it in September to December 31st, apparently that is no longer the case though. I also remember years ago having a 14 day ticket that had a couple of days left on it and being able to put it towards an AP on a trip later on that year.
But, Disney's mismanagement and greed will come back to bite them in the butt though. I'm actually thinking of doing my bucket list, which is Hong Kong and Disney Tokyo instead next year and a lot of people have long memories of all this.

Good to hear, whats the hotel called please?
The Best Western Anaheim Inn. It's not luxurious, but, it's small, clean and friendly with an excellent free breakfast every morning and it's location is fantastic, they have a balcony in the breakfast room where you can see the entrance into Disneyland itself from the main road. I would say roughly the same as Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary on foot, possibly less from the plaza where the two park entrances and Disney Viillage are. I've stayed three times, with absolutely no complaints. There are a couple of hotels along there that are convenient for Disneyland. South Harbor Drive is the location you want.

It wasn't always like this. Last year I had a 5 day Disneyland ticket when I did my double header of both US parks in one trip, and it was valid for 5 non consecutive days from when I first used it in September to December 31st, apparently that is no longer the case though. I also remember years ago having a 14 day ticket that had a couple of days left on it and being able to put it towards an AP on a trip later on that year.
But, Disney's mismanagement and greed will come back to bite them in the butt though. I'm actually thinking of doing my bucket list, which is Hong Kong and Disney Tokyo instead next year and a lot of people have long memories of all this.
Trouble is going to other Disney parks isn’t really hitting Disney in the pocket. I know they may not get all the money, especially from Tokyo, but they do get some money.

We were at the Tokyo parks a couple of years ago, had a fantastic time.
One interesting point in the light of unfolding events at WDW was that when we bought our park tickets online we had to say what date and what park we wanted. No park hopping and your ticket came with a reservation for that park on that date only.

ford family

I was planning on trying Tokyo for the first time, within the next 2 or 3 years. Really really have to experience DisneySea. Yes, I've heard about the ticketing situation. A bit restrictive. But with only two parks it could work out OK. In California and Paris for example, I've never found the need to hop from one to the other. Only when one closes earlier than the other so you just pop in for a little bit more at the end of the night! FastPass+ and MaxPass do encourage park hopping though as it's possible to get a last minute pass for your favourite attraction at another park.

The Best Western Anaheim Inn. It's not luxurious, but, it's small, clean and friendly with an excellent free breakfast every morning and it's location is fantastic, they have a balcony in the breakfast room where you can see the entrance into Disneyland itself from the main road. I would say roughly the same as Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary on foot, possibly less from the plaza where the two park entrances and Disney Viillage are. I've stayed three times, with absolutely no complaints. There are a couple of hotels along there that are convenient for Disneyland. South Harbor Drive is the location you want.

I would also give a plug for Candy Cane Inn! Slightly further than Best Western, but it's actually on the same block as DLR, in the south-east corner, it basically backs onto Radiator Springs Racers. Everything you've mentioned above goes for Candy Cane too...motel style accommodation but perfectly fine, pretty grounds, and a plentiful all-you-can-take breakfast every morning (not cooked) and a 10-minute walk to park entrances. I've heard recommendations for multiple hotels along that road but to be honest I was very happy with Candy Cane so why bother changing...better the devil you know! I probably want to go back to Paradise Pier at some point though if budget allows, the early park entry times every morning are very useful.

I would also give a plug for Candy Cane Inn! Slightly further than Best Western, but it's actually on the same block as DLR, in the south-east corner, it basically backs onto Radiator Springs Racers. Everything you've mentioned above goes for Candy Cane too...motel style accommodation but perfectly fine, pretty grounds, and a plentiful all-you-can-take breakfast every morning (not cooked) and a 10-minute walk to park entrances. I've heard recommendations for multiple hotels along that road but to be honest I was very happy with Candy Cane so why bother changing...better the devil you know! I probably want to go back to Paradise Pier at some point though if budget allows, the early park entry times every morning are very useful.
Also loved the Candy Cane Inn. Maybe a little biased as we've stayed there three times, once being our honeymoon!

Last edited:
so now i understand why disney has eliminated the UK 21 day ultimate ticket for 2021.

the new park reservation system is only going to allow us to book a maximum of 14 days.
That's why they're only selling 14 and 7 day tickets on the disneyUK site now.

arrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How much more did the 21 day pass cost per person over the 14 day?

I really would like it to come back but I can see park reservations staying and fast pass moving to a paid service

How much more did the 21 day pass cost per person over the 14 day?

I really would like it to come back but I can see park reservations staying and fast pass moving to a paid service
i don't remember the price. I just recall that it wasn't much more than the 14 day.
It was excellent value for money.

The 2019 ticket prices, for the 7, 14 and 21 day tickets, were all very similar. There was just a £20 difference between each tier. Hence trying to get 21 days worth of tickets now is going to cost you more than double previous years!

For reference, the prices were:-
  • 7 day ultimate ticket - Adult £399/Child £379 (2018 price is Adult £369/Child £349)
  • 14 day ultimate ticket - Adult £419/Child £399 (2018 price is Adult £369/Child £349)
  • 21 day ultimate ticket - Adult £439/Child £419 (2018 price is Adult £409/Child £389)

I would also say that I don't see the park reservation system staying around. I know Disney would love to keep it, since it helps them plan and forecast - but consumers increasingly want flexibility, and annual pass holders want to know they can just walk in to the park when they feel like it. And at the end of the day - it simply would not make any business sense once capacity restrictions have lifted for the long term.

Lets take a scenario - say the year is 2023 and we now think of COVID like the winter flu - we annually vaccinate and it no longer has an impact on our lives. Social distancing and any form of restrictions on society are a distant memory. The parks do not have any capacity limits (except the physical limitation they have always had). Now, lets say its a random date - like 2nd February 2023 - the park is maybe at 30% of its total physical capacity - a fairly quiet day - the weather is a bit rubbish. If I turn up at the gates, without a reservation, and I want to buy a day ticket to come in - are they really going to turn me away? Of course they're not. They'll sell me a ticket and let me in.

The parks very rarely reached physical capacity. Perhaps on those very few days of the year- Christmas, New Year etc, they might operate a reservation system - but for all other days, they will want to cram as many people as they can in to these parks. The only way people will use a reservation system is if they know they are likely to be declined entry at the gate - the minute they allow people to buy day tickets on the day - bye bye reservation system, its unworkable.

So the only question really is - at what point do we think capacity limits will be lifted for the long term. I say long-term, as if there is a sudden resurgence, or a new strain, we could be back to square one very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter