and now the 21 day ticket is gone for 2021...

The 2019 ticket prices, for the 7, 14 and 21 day tickets, were all very similar. There was just a £20 difference between each tier. Hence trying to get 21 days worth of tickets now is going to cost you more than double previous years!

For reference, the prices were:-
  • 7 day ultimate ticket - Adult £399/Child £379 (2018 price is Adult £369/Child £349)
  • 14 day ultimate ticket - Adult £419/Child £399 (2018 price is Adult £369/Child £349)
  • 21 day ultimate ticket - Adult £439/Child £419 (2018 price is Adult £409/Child £389)

gosh look at that price.......buying 6 adult 21 day tickets and 3 children would cost me in 2019: £3,801 (which is $5,376.91 in US dollars)

if they don't bring back the 21 day ticket or the AP, i'll either have to get two 14 day tickets for everyone, or two american 10 day tickets for everyone (and i'll still be short by one day), or a 14 day ticket combined with an american 7 day ticket...

let's see how much that would cost in 2021:

the UK 14 day ticket in 2021 is: £439.00/£419.00 adult/child in US$: $620.79/592.51 = $5,502.27 for 9 UK 14 day tickets (6 adults/3 children)
the American ticket in 2021 for 10 days is (park hopper plus option): $682.26/$659.96 adults/children = $6,468.24 for one 10 day ticket for 9 (6 adults/3 children)
the American ticket in 2021 for 7 days is (park hopper plus option): = $628.74/$608.44 adults/children = $5,961.63 for one 7 day ticket for 9

based on the above, the equivalent of nine 21 day tickets would be:

Remember that nine UK 21 day tickets would cost me about $5,376.91
to replace that we have the following 3 options
option 1: 2 UK 14 day tickets: 2 x $5,502.27 = $11,004.54

option 2: one UK 14 day ticket plus 1 american 7 day ticket = $5,376.91 + $5,961.63 = $11,338.54

option 3: two American 10 tickets (and still be one day short) = 2 x $6,468.24 = $12,936.48

that's ridiculous. i can't afford that.

gosh look at that price.......buying 6 adult 21 day tickets and 3 children would cost me in 2019: £3,801 (which is $5,376.91 in US dollars)

if they don't bring back the 21 day ticket or the AP, i'll either have to get two 14 day tickets for everyone, or two american 10 day tickets for everyone (and i'll still be short by one day), or a 14 day ticket combined with an american 7 day ticket...

let's see how much that would cost in 2021:

the UK 14 day ticket in 2021 is: £439.00/£419.00 adult/child in US$: $620.79/592.51 = $5,502.27 for 9 UK 14 day tickets (6 adults/3 children)
the American ticket in 2021 for 10 days is (park hopper plus option): $682.26/$659.96 adults/children = $6,468.24 for one 10 day ticket for 9 (6 adults/3 children)
the American ticket in 2021 for 7 days is (park hopper plus option): = $628.74/$608.44 adults/children = $5,961.63 for one 7 day ticket for 9

based on the above, the equivalent of nine 21 day tickets would be:

Remember that nine UK 21 day tickets would cost me about $5,376.91
to replace that we have the following 3 options
option 1: 2 UK 14 day tickets: 2 x $5,502.27 = $11,004.54

option 2: one UK 14 day ticket plus 1 american 7 day ticket = $5,376.91 + $5,961.63 = $11,338.54

option 3: two American 10 tickets (and still be one day short) = 2 x $6,468.24 = $12,936.48

that's ridiculous. i can't afford that.
I think that you would be better off with APs.

With the greatest respect, I was making a suggestion (you will find some reports of APs becoming available in August 2021) and there is really no need or justification for such rudeness.

sorry if that came off as rude - i meant it as frustration.
it's highly doubtful they'll come back before the start of the celebration.
Perhaps they'll bring them back for 2022.
But given that they've discontinued them in Disneyland, it's not a sure thing.

I think APs will come back in the not too distant future. I was able to purchase a new one this month after passing a number of checks as I held one which was cancelled last year. But it is highly frustrating when you need a valid admission to book your park days.

I think APs will come back in the not too distant future. I was able to purchase a new one this month after passing a number of checks as I held one which was cancelled last year. But it is highly frustrating when you need a valid admission to book your park days.

They've been allowing renewals the entire time. It's still not clear whether or when they'll bring back APs.

My AP was a new one and not a renewal. But given they are allowing pass holders who held them the opportunity to repurchase would suggest they will come back.

There was also a cryptic message released about a week ago now about "unleashing full potential" which people are assuming is about APs so there is a chance there will be a return too.

Do you actually need 21 days though I would ask. For a 3 week holiday at least 2 of the days you are unlikely to be at the parks (first and last day) so therefore you don't actually need 21 days you need 19.

My AP was a new one and not a renewal. But given they are allowing pass holders who held them the opportunity to repurchase would suggest they will come back.

but you said you had an AP last year that was cancelled......so that's effectively a renewal....
they haven't been selling any brand new APs (to people who didn't have one before)...
it's a major problem......there is no way i can pay the pricing i worked out in my earlier post...
we'll have to give up on WDW if they don't bring back either the 21 day ticket or APs

There was also a cryptic message released about a week ago now about "unleashing full potential" which people are assuming is about APs so there is a chance there will be a return too.

Do you actually need 21 days though I would ask. For a 3 week holiday at least 2 of the days you are unlikely to be at the parks (first and last day) so therefore you don't actually need 21 days you need 19.

every single day is in the parks at least for a few hours..
and in any case, the 14 day ticket has to be used over 14 days consecutively, so even if you took days off here and there it wouldn't help..
by the way, we actually come for more than 21 days....we don't enter the park the first and last days...
so the full 21 days are in the parks..

every single day is in the parks at least for a few hours..
and in any case, the 14 day ticket has to be used over 14 days consecutively, so even if you took days off here and there it wouldn't help..
by the way, we actually come for more than 21 days....we don't enter the park the first and last days...
so the full 21 days are in the parks..

Ah right just checking as sometimes people are only actually after 19 days. The 14 day ticket is actually 14 days over a 15 day period which is why I was mentioning it as some people don't realise. We usually go for more than 2 weeks but just work it out so that the last few days or first few days we do other things like Universal

Ah right just checking as sometimes people are only actually after 19 days. The 14 day ticket is actually 14 days over a 15 day period which is why I was mentioning it as some people don't realise. We usually go for more than 2 weeks but just work it out so that the last few days or first few days we do other things like Universal

you can use the 14 day ticket for 15 days.
that is, actually enter the park on 15 days....
and the 21 day ticket could be used for 22 days....
we did that when we were on the 21 day free dining package..
but you could only book fastpasses for 14 days (or 21 days on the 21 day ticket)..
but the ticket would actually let you enter the park 15 days.....on both arrival and departure day, making it 15 days...
we did it on several different trips, but i never banked on it happening...
and i'm not sure if it was a function of being on a package, or if it was the ticket itself...

we did that when we were on the 21 day free dining package..
but you could only book fastpasses for 14 days (or 21 days on the 21 day ticket)..
but the ticket would actually let you enter the park 15 days.....on both arrival and departure day, making it 15 days...
we did it on several different trips, but i never banked on it happening...
and i'm not sure if it was a function of being on a package, or if it was the ticket itself...

Yup you are definately correct in that. And I can confirm it isn't linked to a package. e.g. I used a 21-Day ticket, purchased separately, for 22 days park access. In fact, as soon as you link the tickets and look at them on MDE on your phone, you will see they actually say "22 days remaining". I suspect this is precisely because someone booking a 14 or a 21 night stay will actually be there for 15 or 22 days. But people might get more confused if you can only buy a 15 day ticket, or a 22 day ticket. And the terminology of a 14-"night" ticket would be even more confusing!!

there have been rumors that the AP will come back before October, but it's just a rumor.
If the 21 day ticket and the AP are permanently gone, it's a dealbreaker for us.

My son suggested we go for a week to universal and 2 weeks to WDW, which means disney would lose a week of our time. Brilliant of them.
My daughter is vehemently against that option, so for her she'd rather not go to Florida at all.
The cost of the flight to the US is astronomically high and getting more expensive.
It's just not worth it to pay that kind of money for a shortened stay.

e.g. I used a 21-Day ticket, purchased separately, for 22 days park access. In fact, as soon as you link the tickets and look at them on MDE on your phone, you will see they actually say "22 days remaining".
I think that may no longer be the case.
I noticed that when booking Park Passes for my 14 night/15 day (actually 13+2 part days) this October that it would not let me book more than 14 days. Attempting the 15th got a "No valid ticket" message.
While talking to a cast member on the phone today I asked about it and he said that it is 14 consecutive days from when you first enter a park with that ticket - no more.

I noticed that when booking Park Passes for my 14 night/15 day (actually 13+2 part days) this October that it would not let me book more than 14 days. Attempting the 15th got a "No valid ticket" message.
While talking to a cast member on the phone today I asked about it and he said that it is 14 consecutive days from when you first enter a park with that ticket - no more.

oh wow, you're right!!!
the park reservation system makes it impossible to use it for 15 days.
Before that, while you couldn't book advance fastpasses, you could enter the park.
But now with the park reservation system, you can't even enter the park.
wow!
i wonder if you're able to enter the park after 2:00 PM when park hopping is allowed.
It's all so crazy, planning is going to be so much more difficult for us now.

i wish they would let us use the 14 day ticket over a 3 week period.
Meaning, being able to enter the park on 14 different days but over the course of 3 weeks.
Then at least we could have a few hotel and disney springs days sprinkled through the park days.
As it is, it's going to be difficult to figure out our visit in summer 2022.
We discussed it this morning at our weekly Tuesday family breakfast.
we decided we're going to Orlando for 25 days.
The first 11 days will be at universal/volcano bay and other central florida points of interest (kennedy space center, etc.)
and the last 14 days will be at WDW.
So in other words, Disney will get just slightly more than half of our time, when it used to get all of it.
That means that for 11 days we'll eat somewhere else.
We used to buy all of our food on property at very expensive table and counter service restaurants.
Not to mention all those snacks that we won't get from them.

I really don't understand their reasoning when it comes to overseas guests.
Flying to the US takes a long time and costs an arm and a leg, so when we go, we go for an extended visit.
Up until now, we spent all of that time and vast amounts of money on disney property.
But without that 21 day ticket or Annual Pass, it's simply not possible.

Interesting... I'm willing to bet if the reservation system disappeared tomorrow, these tickets would still allow the extra day, and it's a quirk of the reservation system. Almost no one at Disney seemed to know these tickets worked for that extra day, or could provide the clear clarification that a 21 day ticket allowed 22 days of entry. But as you say, as long as the reservation system is in place, it looks like we've lost the ability to lose that extra day.

now that we know what the new APs are, i'm hoping more than ever that they bring back the 21 day ticket..
the new APs are insanely expensive and don't even include memory maker or the waterparks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter