And even more online sites are hosting a story about VMK!

ForeverWDW

Mouseketeer

FYI:
You have to register on the first site in order to leave a comment.

I have left the following comment on all three sites:

We are saddened by the closing of the Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK). My son and I play together and have been on VMK for the last 3 years. We joined VMK they day they opened the game for public beta which was a testing phase of the game before it was officially open. Like many others, we have made special trips to the Disney parks to do "Quests", and joined the Disney Movie and Disney Rewards clubs all in order to receive special items within the game that you could not buy in it's virtual stores. Although VMK is a free game offered by Disney, it has made plenty of revenue for the Disney Company. Of course the best thing about VMK is the save environment that VMK provides for children. Being a Disney game, this should not be a surprise, but VMK is even safer that Disney's other online games. Although you can freely chat with others in the kingdom, Disney has built in a safe chat system where you can only say words that are in the games dictionary. This prevents you from saying things like numbers so you are not able to give out your phone number or address. You also can't say your name or even the word "name". It is the safest place on the web for kids to gather and play. When our son is on VMK, we do not have to be over his shoulder the whole time he is on the game. VMK is also a great educational system. Not only do kids learn much needed social skills, but the also lean economic and mathematical skills by earning credits (the games online currency) and learning to save them for items that are for sale in the virtual stores within the game. These items are things like clothing, trading pins, furniture for their virtual rooms and magic pins that add fun special effects to your character like fireworks above your head or letting you be semi-invisible for a few moments. They learn to barter by trading their virtual items with others in the game. We would be willing to pay to continue to play this fantastic online experience if Disney would make the offer, but they have ignored our requests to do so. We thank you for helping us to spread the news about this and hope that others will join our fight to keep VMK open. Send email, letters and give phone calls to the Walt Disney Internet Group and the Walt Disney Company and let them know we need to keep the Virtual Magic Kingdom open.

this is such great news, someone will have to help me tomorrow by aiming me at all the places I should have been writing on while I was putting my project together @_@

yea..not sure if anyone reads up on financial news or business related stuff, maybe you know the site The Motley Fool...well i just put together an e-mail that i sent over to a reporter who wrote about VMK when Disney was first creating it back in the day, and he had a story about a month after VMK opened reporting on how far VMK had come along by that point, he's also done some other Disney related stories, SO i'm hoping that by sending along a few of the letters (the most emotional) and our pleas he would possibly put some story together for the Motley Fool...

Just wanted to post that I thought it was QUITE impressive that if you do a google search on closing VMK it comes up with 30,000 hits lol
Keep up the good work people! Word is getting around!

Just wanted to post that I thought it was QUITE impressive that if you do a google search on closing VMK it comes up with 30,000 hits lol
Keep up the good work people! Word is getting around!

That is awesome!! It's sad at the same time because we wish it was for another reason, but voices are being heard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter