An Unforgettable Finish- Oct 2011 TR **Happily Ever After (Completed 5/3)

I might be the odd man out, but I like the original Tiki Room better. I just think it uses the space best.

Yay for rides on Space Mountain and sleeping boys, that is a double score!

And I am so happy that you got Rex, way better than that weird water looking one.

Oh and Amanda- I vote for pins! You will always know what you are going to get with pins, which means you won't miss a good one! Plus trader pins are cheaper and pins are easier to store (can you tell I'm pin obsessed!).

I did want to like the original Tiki Room better...just somehow I didn't.

Space Mountain while the boys napped was so much fun! Disney magic was at work already. :rotfl:

I didn't really like the water one, either. I think I'm the only person who trades Vinylmation at our Disney Store, so there's seldom anything new available.

Those are some excellent points in favor of pins...why did I buy Vinylmation again?:laughing:

Hey there! I randomly just found your TR on your signature after you had commented on someone else's TR... (can't remember who's it was at the moment!) and I'm glad I found it! I'm really enjoying it so far. Loved your "I am speed" introduction, very clever! And your boys are seriously precious.
I have to say though, what I have been most excited about so far isn't even Disney related! :scared1: I'm just sitting here casually reading and all of a sudden, BOOM, your husband is wearing a Lee University shirt! That seriously made my day, never thought I'd see anything about Lee on the disboards! (As if you couldn't tell by my excitement, I went to Lee, haha).
Anyway, moving on. Sounds like a successful first day, minus the burger and the Tiki room. Vinylmation is very intriguing to me, but I don't know much about it. Can't wait to read more!

Hey there! I randomly just found your TR on your signature after you had commented on someone else's TR... (can't remember who's it was at the moment!) and I'm glad I found it! I'm really enjoying it so far. Loved your "I am speed" introduction, very clever! And your boys are seriously precious.
I have to say though, what I have been most excited about so far isn't even Disney related! :scared1: I'm just sitting here casually reading and all of a sudden, BOOM, your husband is wearing a Lee University shirt! That seriously made my day, never thought I'd see anything about Lee on the disboards! (As if you couldn't tell by my excitement, I went to Lee, haha).
Anyway, moving on. Sounds like a successful first day, minus the burger and the Tiki room. Vinylmation is very intriguing to me, but I don't know much about it. Can't wait to read more!

Hi! I'm so glad you found my TR, too! It's really cool to find another Lee person on here. Jeremy and I both went to Lee, that's where we met. When were you there? Jeremy graduated in 2005 and I graduated in 2007. We had so much fun there. We visited Lee this past summer and it was very odd being back on campus with the double stroller. :rotfl:

DSCI0001.JPG

The campus was even more beautiful than I remembered. :love: Okay, back to Disney...it was a wonderful first day! We were very lucky to have the boys both sleeping and on the first day, none of the little things that go wrong ever seem too bad. I think Vinylmation trading is a lot of fun. There'll be a black box with numbers on it and you pick a number and get whichever Vinylmation is behind that number. I've gotten several freaky ones that way, but it doesn't matter because then I can trade it again.

Love the Halloween cups in MK - those are too cute!

The Windsor Hills condo looks really nice. You have me thinking that maybe we should go back to staying offsite. We normally would stay offsite since we have a timeshare with Hilton. But, once Reid came along, I just had it in my head that it would be easier to be onsite with a little one. I know Ed will be delighted if I tell him I'm okay with staying offsite again. :lmao:

Can't wait to see if y'all still do the race!

Your condo looks so nice! And a lot more spacious for young boys! :goodvibes I'm glad you had a great dinner!

There was some left and while the ice was melted and it tasted faintly like Pirates of the Caribbean, it was refreshing.
:eek: :scared1: :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I love the fall decorations. It looks like your table off the side of Main Street was a great way to spend the afternoon relaxing.

I have to agree that the Halloween cup is pretty cool.

I'm glad you seem to like your townhouse... and that the boys are excited about the Mickey room.

Although the townhome isn't a WDW resort, it looks like it was the perfect place for you guys to stay this trip. I didn't even think about how most kids' routines and schedules are completely thrown out the window on trips until I read about you trying your best to make sure Carter and Landon went to bed near their normal time. I can only imagine that staying in a house versus a hotel room helped keep things as normal as possible.

I'm excited to hear about the 5K. Even if you had to walk it instead of run it, I'm sure it was a great experience. :wizard:

space- glorious space! That townhome looks awesome and it must have been so nice for the boys to have their own room.

I hope you guys made it to the race, bummer about no running though. Were you planning on running with the gracos?

everett would like to say something to carter and landon
mj/jojj
iivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvfoiiiiiiiiiiiiioi2;vjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjfxuuty85 9

it is some sort of toddler code, I am sure they will understand :rotfl2:

We stayed in a condo at Windsor Hills Oct 15-18th and loved it! I'd love to try a townhouse with a pool next time. We also ate at Giordano's our 1st night and got balloon animals! Can't wait to read more!

The condo looks great!! Though I loved seeing the Disney tv stuff at POP! I was so sick of hearing the "must do's at Disney" a couple days in :rotfl:

Love the Halloween cups in MK - those are too cute!

The Windsor Hills condo looks really nice. You have me thinking that maybe we should go back to staying offsite. We normally would stay offsite since we have a timeshare with Hilton. But, once Reid came along, I just had it in my head that it would be easier to be onsite with a little one. I know Ed will be delighted if I tell him I'm okay with staying offsite again. :lmao:

Can't wait to see if y'all still do the race!

I thought the Halloween cups were really cool. It doesn't take much to impress us at Disney.

I did think Windsor Hills was pretty nice. I do think it's probably easier staying offsite with more room with little guys. The Disney transportation doesn't help us much, since it's a pain with the strollers and the boys may or may not ride quietly. Having the boys in their own bedroom more than made up for the extra driving time.

Your condo looks so nice! And a lot more spacious for young boys! :goodvibes I'm glad you had a great dinner!

The boys loved playing there! It was great to be able to spread out a bit and to have a real kitchen. We like Giordanos, although we usually skip it, since it's offsite.

Windsor Hills looks really nice!

I had to laugh when you included the chocolate donuts as essentials! :laughing:

Windsor Hills was pretty nice. It's not onsite, but other than that, it was really convenient and a nice place to stay.

Wouldn't everyone consider chocolate donuts to be essentials? :rolleyes1

:eek: :scared1: :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I love the fall decorations. It looks like your table off the side of Main Street was a great way to spend the afternoon relaxing.

I have to agree that the Halloween cup is pretty cool.

I'm glad you seem to like your townhouse... and that the boys are excited about the Mickey room.

It was such a hot day, even pirate water was welcome! :laughing:

I love the fall decorations, too. I don't know how I managed to never see them all these years, but I'll definitely be going back in the fall each time now. I love that little street- it's always so quiet.

I felt a little silly taking three pictures of it, but I didn't want to forget any of the characters costumes. Such a cool cup!

They were so cute discovering their Mickey room! I was glad I'd taken the time to get the room ready for them before they saw it.

The Halloween cups are so cute! I must have gotten 100 of them while I was there and never once noticed Pluto was supposed to be Scar! So much for me taking time to notice the little things! :laughing:

Your townhouse looks really nice! Is that little pool a private pool, right outside of your room? That's pretty cool! :thumbsup2

I always hate grocery shopping on vacation...and doing laundry! :laughing:

Although the townhome isn't a WDW resort, it looks like it was the perfect place for you guys to stay this trip. I didn't even think about how most kids' routines and schedules are completely thrown out the window on trips until I read about you trying your best to make sure Carter and Landon went to bed near their normal time. I can only imagine that staying in a house versus a hotel room helped keep things as normal as possible.

I'm excited to hear about the 5K. Even if you had to walk it instead of run it, I'm sure it was a great experience. :wizard:

It really was the perfect place for us this trip. I missed being onsite, but I know it was better for everyone else. The townhouse did make it much easier to stick to their routines. It was great to have some time at night to myself, which wouldn't have been possible in a hotel room. A townhouse is a lot easier when there's a lot of us.

I'm excited to write about the 5K, although the night before, I was very much dreading getting up that early. :rotfl:

space- glorious space! That townhome looks awesome and it must have been so nice for the boys to have their own room.

I hope you guys made it to the race, bummer about no running though. Were you planning on running with the gracos?

everett would like to say something to carter and landon
mj/jojj
iivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvfoiiiiiiiiiiiiioi2;vjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjfxuuty85 9

it is some sort of toddler code, I am sure they will understand :rotfl2:

I did love how spacious that townhome was. And the boys in the own room at night was wonderful! Their Mickey room was really cute and they seemed to really like it.

I would have felt a lot better about the race if it hadn't started so early. As for running with the Gracos, we definitely weren't planning on going very fast. :rotfl:

Carter and Landon agree. Personally, I didn't catch a word of that. :laughing:

We stayed in a condo at Windsor Hills Oct 15-18th and loved it! I'd love to try a townhouse with a pool next time. We also ate at Giordano's our 1st night and got balloon animals! Can't wait to read more!

Wow, I guess Giordano's is the place to eat the first night when you're staying at Windsor Hills. I thought the townhouse was really nice. The boys thought that pool was really cool. Those balloon animals were the best, weren't they? They kept our boys entertained until our food came.

The condo looks great!! Though I loved seeing the Disney tv stuff at POP! I was so sick of hearing the "must do's at Disney" a couple days in :rotfl:

I really liked the "top seven must see attractions" much more than the "must do's at Disney". I agree, it gets old after awhile. I love to turn it on when we first arrive. Just another little sign that we're really there. Once I get sick of it, I change to WDW Today, with the cheery Disney elevator music. :rotfl:

The Halloween cups are so cute! I must have gotten 100 of them while I was there and never once noticed Pluto was supposed to be Scar! So much for me taking time to notice the little things! :laughing:

Your townhouse looks really nice! Is that little pool a private pool, right outside of your room? That's pretty cool! :thumbsup2

I always hate grocery shopping on vacation...and doing laundry! :laughing:

I don't know if I would have noticed Pluto was Scar either, if Jeremy hadn't pointed it out. Of course, when you spend so much time sitting on Main Street, you tend to notice a lot of the details.

Yes, that's a private pool right in the backyard. I thought that was really neat, too. Very convenient.

We did too much grocery shopping and laundry on this trip. One of the pitfalls of having a washer and dryer and full kitchen in the house, I guess.:rotfl:

Great update, Kate. I loved those Halloween cups...the characters looked great at villians. I keep forgetting that street is always empty when we need a rest and will have to try to remember it for next time.

The condo looks great and a lot of room for the boys to run around in, and the pool looks great also.

Hi! I'm so glad you found my TR, too! It's really cool to find another Lee person on here. Jeremy and I both went to Lee, that's where we met. When were you there? Jeremy graduated in 2005 and I graduated in 2007. We had so much fun there. We visited Lee this past summer and it was very odd being back on campus with the double stroller. :rotfl:

DSCI0001.JPG

The campus was even more beautiful than I remembered. :love: Okay, back to Disney...it was a wonderful first day! We were very lucky to have the boys both sleeping and on the first day, none of the little things that go wrong ever seem too bad. I think Vinylmation trading is a lot of fun. There'll be a black box with numbers on it and you pick a number and get whichever Vinylmation is behind that number. I've gotten several freaky ones that way, but it doesn't matter because then I can trade it again.

How awesome that you met there! Unfortunately I didn't meet my husband there, but that's ok. I actually started in the fall of 2007 so I'm pretty fresh off the campus. What a cute picture! Aww, I know, the campus is beautiful, and it's growing SO much! What did you think of that science and math complex? It's massive.
YES back to Disney haha. I might have to look into Vinylmations! They look like fun!

OK so your LAST update...
Those are such cute cups! Pluto as Scar, that's so clever. I love how creative Disney is with even something as simple as a cup. I know I got excited last year when they gave me a Christmas cup... I actually thought about keeping it. (I didn't... it was a paper cup... hahaha but it was just so cute.) That vacation home looks nice! And LESS money than Pop Century? How is that even possible? That's amazing!

Although I love (love :lovestruc love :lovestruc love) staying on property, when traveling with kidlets, more space is a sanity saver. Until they start offering two bedroom suites at GF for the price of a moderate :lmao:, Windsor Hills looks like a great alternative!

What a nice little spot you found to enjoy some quiet time! I'll have to keep that in mind next trip:thumbsup2

That condo looks gorgeous! I don't blame you on the grocery shopping thing, I wouldn't have wanted to go alone either!

We stayed off site in a Windsor Hills home this last trip too! We did it because it made the most sense for this trip- we needed at least 3-4 bedrooms. I thought I would hate being off site, and I did miss it- but it ended up working out perfectly for this trip and I wouldn't have changed it!

Glad the boys did well in their room with the beds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter