An Unforgettable Finish- Oct 2011 TR **Happily Ever After (Completed 5/3)

Oh my...what was that DJ thinking? I really would like to have gotten in his face and given him a piece of my mind. What an "unDisneylike" thing to say.

I'm kind of surprised he didn't get a few people in his face. I'm sure I wasn't the only non-morning person there that day.

Wow. I'm sorry your morning was so unmagical. We must have gotten to the race early enough to miss most of the parking lot traffic. Seem like we were waiting forever for it to start. Glad I totally missed the DJ's obnoxious comment too. What was wrong with that guy? Must have been tuning him out as I too am not a fan of that Fireworks song. Like Katy Perry, just not that song. I hope the run gets better for you.

It was kind of stressful waiting in the traffic, but looking back on it, I'm kind of glad we weren't too early. I think it would have been hard for the boys to
just stand around for too long. I wish I had been tuning him out! I thought the Firework song was bad at the time, but then when it was over and I heard the stuff coming up next, I sort of wished they'd turn it back on. :rotfl:

:eek: Wow, you don't expect a comment like that to come from a DJ at a Disney event.

The thing I really enjoy about your TR's is the observations you make... like the part about Firework. So true.:lmao: I'm glad you made it to the race.:thumbsup2

It was very unexpected. It was hard to believe he'd really said that. It seems like something you just wouldn't say.

Thanks! I'm baffled by the popularity of certain songs. I'm glad we made it to the race, too. For awhile there, I wasn't sure we would.

Oh yes, I love Humanities as well. My major was centered in the Religion building that was opened in late 2008. I LOVE that building... especially the little reading room upstairs. I don't know if you've ever been in there, but if you ever go back and visit, you should go in that room! Ah, such a beautiful campus. :love:

I would love it if you could use the ones you buy at the park at the resorts! They'd be a lot more useful!

Ick, doesn't sound like a fun morning at all. I can't believe anyone affiliated with Disney would say something like that... I'm sure that one didn't go over well with a lot of people. :eek: I hope your morning got better!
I have to say though, your boys are the cutest... also... by any chance does your husband have a brother/family member who also went to Lee? I swear, he looks SO familiar, it's crazy.

I've never been in the Religion building, but I'm guessing it's incredibly beautiful and impressive. They've been building the best things lately. Maybe next time we're in town, I'll go check it out.

A park refillable mug would be perfect! I bet they could charge a lot for those.

Any morning that early is never fun, at least not to me. I was sort of hoping since it was Disney, the morning would be more tolerable, but it was still early. I think I'd have preferred to wait for the race to start with nothing at all going on.
Thanks, I think my boys are cute, too. And funny you should ask that about Jeremy- when we were at Lee people always thought he looked familiar and wanted to know if he had a brother at Lee. He doesn't, but I guess he has a classic Lee look. :laughing: I actually have two cousins at Lee right now, but I don't think they look enough like me that any one would notice.

I'm so glad y'all made it to the race....even if it wasn't the best experience getting there. And that DJ certainly didn't help matters. :sad2:

I was seriously considering sleeping right through the race, but then Landon was up anyway. I'm glad we did it, even if it started off kind of rocky. I can't say I really appreciated that DJ, but at least we didn't have long to listen to him.

I'll have to tell DBF -- maybe he can try to pick up a shift as "official race cheerer." :laughing: What a fun experience! It's great they had so many interesting characters out greeting people but I do agree, it's a race... wouldn't stopping to meet them kinda defeat the purpose?

The race seems like a lot of fun. That's cool that's there's lots of cool stuff out there for people to see while racing. Ed & I want to do a Disney race one day. Guess I need to get off the couch & get outside walking & then running. Ed started with the C25K program in July & he's up to running about 6 miles every other day now. I wish I had his motivation! :sad2:

Interesting... thanks for sharing the race experience and pictures. I never knew the did interesting things like character meet & greets and having anmials out on display along the course. As much as I hate running, a race at Disney might actually be fun. :lmao::rotfl2:

The 5K looks like it was a lot of fun! We didn't get to go backstage during the half but it was still really cool running through AK. Disney definitely goes all out for races, they really make you feel like you are doing something great. And you are! :thumbsup2

You guys are doing great! The race looks like so much fun, maybe I'll do one someday! I have been doing a stroller fitness class since Everett was born (I gain 65 lbs, so I needed some SERIOUS intervention), so I have a lot of practice power-walking with the stroller.

I thought that Disney would only allow "real" jogging strollers, and since I don't have one of those, I thought I wouldn't be able to qualify for the race. Its nice to see that you were able to do it with the Gracos, and that they allow different stroller types.

It is also awesome to see all the fun stuff along the raceway, it looks like the boys had plenty to look at while you were running so they didn't get bored. :thumbsup2

Reading your TR makes me want to do another runDisney event. I thought it was really cool that AK had animals out for guests to visit with. It's not everyday you can see both an owl and tortoise while you're running.
I'm really glad that they race started to improve for you. I know the start of the EE 5K was pretty rough, so it must be something Disney has issues managing. :confused3

The Tree of Life looked amazing with the sun hitting it. I love that picture.

Sounds like you guys were off to a great start :goodvibes I am always in the back of the pack waiting my turn to cross the start line to begin and it feels like forever :rotfl: That is a cute picture of you guys with the pumpkin and really cool that they had actual animals out!!

The race looks like fun (it would be fun as long as I could walk and NOT run). That is so great that they had some characters out if you wanted to stop and animals for the boys to see.

I love the picture of the four of you with the big Mickey pumpkin--very cute.

I've never been in the Religion building, but I'm guessing it's incredibly beautiful and impressive. They've been building the best things lately. Maybe next time we're in town, I'll go check it out.

A park refillable mug would be perfect! I bet they could charge a lot for those.

Any morning that early is never fun, at least not to me. I was sort of hoping since it was Disney, the morning would be more tolerable, but it was still early. I think I'd have preferred to wait for the race to start with nothing at all going on.
Thanks, I think my boys are cute, too. And funny you should ask that about Jeremy- when we were at Lee people always thought he looked familiar and wanted to know if he had a brother at Lee. He doesn't, but I guess he has a classic Lee look. :laughing: I actually have two cousins at Lee right now, but I don't think they look enough like me that any one would notice.

Yes you definitely should! :thumbsup2
You're right, they would probably be super expensive. And they'd probably have some rule where you can only use them for a day or something lame like that haha. Booooo rules. :laughing:

Maybe Jeremy does have 'the Lee look' because he seriously looks so familiar, it's actually really weirding me out! Well who knows, maybe I've seen him at Disney! Ha, that's unlikely.
If your cousins aren't freshmen, I may actually know them... probably not but you never know!

I'm glad your race morning got better! It looks like there were a lot of fun opportunities along with running, how cool that the hyenas were there! I saw one someone else's TR that the gravediggers were out too!

I'll have to tell DBF -- maybe he can try to pick up a shift as "official race cheerer." :laughing: What a fun experience! It's great they had so many interesting characters out greeting people but I do agree, it's a race... wouldn't stopping to meet them kinda defeat the purpose?

All the race cheerers were really nice! I bet your DBF would have fun, although, it does start awfully early. We really liked having all the characters to look at while we went past, but I just couldn't see stopping for each one. We'd get way too far behind that way.

The race seems like a lot of fun. That's cool that's there's lots of cool stuff out there for people to see while racing. Ed & I want to do a Disney race one day. Guess I need to get off the couch & get outside walking & then running. Ed started with the C25K program in July & he's up to running about 6 miles every other day now. I wish I had his motivation! :sad2:

The race really did end up being a lot of fun, once we got going. I love how much there is to see during the race. I hope you all do try a Disney race someday. They're a lot of fun and really, for the 5K, it's not too hard either. Six miles every other day is very impressive. If you find motivation for that, let me know where you got it. :rotfl:

Interesting... thanks for sharing the race experience and pictures. I never knew the did interesting things like character meet & greets and having anmials out on display along the course. As much as I hate running, a race at Disney might actually be fun. :lmao::rotfl2:

I've never liked running much either, but I figured if I could ever learn to like it, it would be Disney racing that would do it. :laughing: Disney races are a lot more interesting that you'd think. I love how they plan on course entertainment and try to make the whole thing fun.

Cool photos! And doncha just love the way kids and animals just go together? I do!

Thanks! Kids and animals are made for each other...at least my boys think so. :rotfl:

The 5K looks like it was a lot of fun! We didn't get to go backstage during the half but it was still really cool running through AK. Disney definitely goes all out for races, they really make you feel like you are doing something great. And you are! :thumbsup2

The 5K did end up being really fun. I'm glad we did it. I'd love to do a half marathon someday. Or who knows maybe even a full marathon! I love how Disney makes the races seem like such a big accomplishment. I'm sure it's even more that way with the longer races.

You guys are doing great! The race looks like so much fun, maybe I'll do one someday! I have been doing a stroller fitness class since Everett was born (I gain 65 lbs, so I needed some SERIOUS intervention), so I have a lot of practice power-walking with the stroller.

I thought that Disney would only allow "real" jogging strollers, and since I don't have one of those, I thought I wouldn't be able to qualify for the race. Its nice to see that you were able to do it with the Gracos, and that they allow different stroller types.

It is also awesome to see all the fun stuff along the raceway, it looks like the boys had plenty to look at while you were running so they didn't get bored. :thumbsup2

A stroller fitness class sounds interesting. I always thought that would be fun, but I ended up having Landon so soon after Carter, that it never seemed to work out. It's hard to find time to exercise while with little guys all day.

I never even considered that Disney might not allow our strollers. I deemed the Gracos to be perfectly safe for what we were doing and figured no one would care what sort of stroller it was. Luckily, it didn't seem to matter...wouldn't that have been awful, to have the strollers disqualified?:rotfl:

I was a little worried about whether the boys would be okay riding that long. When we were training for the race, we always said that they were training, too, so they'd be ready to ride. I guess it worked. Having so much to see probably helped, too.

Reading your TR makes me want to do another runDisney event. I thought it was really cool that AK had animals out for guests to visit with. It's not everyday you can see both an owl and tortoise while you're running.
I'm really glad that they race started to improve for you. I know the start of the EE 5K was pretty rough, so it must be something Disney has issues managing. :confused3

The Tree of Life looked amazing with the sun hitting it. I love that picture.

I'm eager to do another runDisney event, too! The course at AK was fun, but I'd also love to try the one at Epcot and MK, too. And someday, when the boys aren't with us, a longer race would be fun. I thought it was very cool to see those animals during the race, especially the tortoise.
Sounds like Disney does have a few kinks in the beginning of races. It's probably a difficult thing to manage. Maybe they'll improve next time.

Thanks! I loved seeing the Tree of Life looking like that.

It's great that they have characters and other things to check out along the way. I wouldn't have guessed that.

I wouldn't have guessed they'd have characters during a race, either, but I read about several races on here and it looked like so much fun I wanted to try it out.

Sounds like you guys were off to a great start :goodvibes I am always in the back of the pack waiting my turn to cross the start line to begin and it feels like forever :rotfl: That is a cute picture of you guys with the pumpkin and really cool that they had actual animals out!!

I think the first mile was the worst, after that it was a lot of fun. It sure seemed to take forever for us to get to the front this time. I bet it'd be cool to be at the very front of the starting line and just take off with no one in front of you. Thanks! I like that picture of us and Carter and Landon loved seeing the animals.

Hi! I have enjoyed reading your TR. Your boys are adorable and you are a great writer. And good job on the race! It looks like a fun day for everyone:goodvibes

Looking forward to reading more!

Really want to do one of those races sometime in the future;)

Gotta agree with you about Katy Perry and "Firework"...obnoxious song, and there's no way I'd want to hear that blasting through Disney that early in the morning! I can't believe that guy said that thing about attractive runners...that would seriously make me not want to even participate. I get really offended by things like that. I don't know why, maybe I'm too sensitive. :confused3

The beginning of the race looks like it was pretty fun! I love that they had the hyenas out, I saw them in the Boo To You parade and thought they were so cool! It's so cute that they have animals out that you can interact with too! I really wish I participated! Oh well, maybe next year! :cool1:

(ps-come join my TR when you get a chance!! :laughing:)

The race looks like fun (it would be fun as long as I could walk and NOT run). That is so great that they had some characters out if you wanted to stop and animals for the boys to see.

I love the picture of the four of you with the big Mickey pumpkin--very cute.

The race was a lot of fun and there were plenty of people walking, some not even walking fast. The boys really liked seeing those animals. It's nice that they had enough stuff throughout the course to keep everyone entertained.

Thanks! I'm glad we managed to get that picture of us.

Yes you definitely should! :thumbsup2
You're right, they would probably be super expensive. And they'd probably have some rule where you can only use them for a day or something lame like that haha. Booooo rules. :laughing:

Maybe Jeremy does have 'the Lee look' because he seriously looks so familiar, it's actually really weirding me out! Well who knows, maybe I've seen him at Disney! Ha, that's unlikely.
If your cousins aren't freshmen, I may actually know them... probably not but you never know!

I'm glad your race morning got better! It looks like there were a lot of fun opportunities along with running, how cool that the hyenas were there! I saw one someone else's TR that the gravediggers were out too!

Disney's great at thinking up new rules, aren't they? I do like getting refillable mugs while we're there. I just have to keep Carter and Landon from claiming them. :laughing:

It's certainly possible that you saw Jeremy at Disney...we were there last December. But he did have an awful lot of people thinking they knew him at Lee.
My cousins are freshmen, so you probably wouldn't know them. They both just started in the fall. I'm excited for them. :goodvibes

The race morning got a lot better once we got going. I suspect, too, that a lot of the bad morning was just me in a bad morning mood. I thought the hyenas were really cool and we did see the gravediggers, but they were at the end.

Hi! I have enjoyed reading your TR. Your boys are adorable and you are a great writer. And good job on the race! It looks like a fun day for everyone:goodvibes

Looking forward to reading more!

Hi! Welcome! Thank you, I think the boys are pretty cute, too. We had a very fun day, between the race and everything else waiting for us that day. Lots of fun coming up!

Thanks for reading!

Really want to do one of those races sometime in the future;)

I hope you get a chance to! They're really a lot of fun. :)

Gotta agree with you about Katy Perry and "Firework"...obnoxious song, and there's no way I'd want to hear that blasting through Disney that early in the morning! I can't believe that guy said that thing about attractive runners...that would seriously make me not want to even participate. I get really offended by things like that. I don't know why, maybe I'm too sensitive. :confused3

The beginning of the race looks like it was pretty fun! I love that they had the hyenas out, I saw them in the Boo To You parade and thought they were so cool! It's so cute that they have animals out that you can interact with too! I really wish I participated! Oh well, maybe next year! :cool1:

(ps-come join my TR when you get a chance!! :laughing:)

If they absolutely had to blast music that early in the morning, shouldn't it have been a Disney song? After all, everyone there must like Disney, to some extent. That comment was annoying, but it was easy enough to not think about it once the race was going. And I'm going to guess that it would never happen again.

The race was really fun once we got going. I had never seen the hyenas before, so twice this trip was pretty good. Disney in the fall is such a great experience. And those animals were awesome! I was expecting characters, but I had no idea we'd see real animals. I bet we'll do the race again next year, too!

It's a good thing you mentioned your TR. I knew I had bookmarked it, yet it never seemed to come up and it turns out I had it saved in the wrong folder and would never have made it over if you hadn't said something. I'll be over soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter