Amazing August - W.I.S.H. Goals

Thanks für the link! It truly gave me new motivation to get back to eating less processed food again!

After lurking on the last two months threads, I would love to participate on this one.
I’m retired from working in a HS library now for two years-and managed to gain about 15lbs over my WW goal weight.
I went back to meetings about 4 weeks ago and am about 7lbs away from my goal, but will continue to lose another 5lbs- where I am actually comfortable.

:welcome:

We are happy that you decided to post! I have usually found that I have more motivation if I take part in the discussions, I hope that you will find the same!

@Flossbolna I love your trip report! I had to show the photos to DS and DH. Now we all want to travel to Asia!

Thanks! I am really looking forward to relive the trip, it was quite amazing!

So, grab a seat, join in and tell us about yourself, your goal and your Woohoo - it's a Wednesday today and we don't want to miss out on the positive energy of everyone sharing one thing from today or this week that they can celebrate!

Hello all ... a little late but I'm back. Woohoo for last week - I had a good week at work.

I am frustrated to say in the past 2 months I have crept back up to almost where I was in May before losing a good few Kilos - all my fault completely - I seem to really have trouble when I don't have an impending event that makes me really wish I weight less. So - with a mini cruise booked for early December - I need to focus on that and push through the next few months on track as much as possible! I just decided that I will stick a pictures of the boat/activities on the fridge to remind myself when I go in the kitchen.

I had already decided to try to eat as cleanly as possible this month as a goal - too much takeout as slipped back into our diet - will be following your link soon @HappyGrape to have a read.

So goal is to stick to meal plan for remainder of the month.
I want the kids and I to get out of the house at least 1 day on the weekend doing something active - no that they aren't playing sport/dance - they have to regular exercise apart from walking to/from school each day.
I want to do some strengthening exercise every second day.

What are your best tips on how to use weather to help you with your healthy living and how to not let adverse weather take you down - whether it is heat, cold, rain, snow, sunshine?

I like to make the most of water in the summer - swimming in a pool, water aerobics, and cooking outdoors with some yummy fresh salads to go with it.
In winter I struggle - but here is the bad part - I am spoiled for weather really and my winters are now where near as cold as many of yours - as a result I think when we get some rain etc here we mostly seem to do nothing in it - so I am going to have to take a leaf out of your books and push through. I do also love the warn comforting stews and soups I can enjoy in the cooler weather.

The latest phit and phat podcast I listened to she talked about just doing something

I really do need to just do something - anything - I made my meal plan for about 10 days last night and I have just sent the kids to get ready so that we can hit the local markets to start on the shopping list - this will also get us out in the sun and walking around!!

After lurking on the last two months threads, I would love to participate on this one.

Hello - :welcome: we love having new friends to chat with.

Share something with us that is of interest for you, whether it is about healthy living, Disney or anything else.

Well my weekend is almost over - it is already Sunday morning here. Yesterday I got rid of some larger clutter from the garage to the dump - yeah with some re-arranging I will be able to get the car in now. I did some digging in the garden and may look for some plants at the markets this morning to start the makeover the courtyard garden.

Disney related - can I just say I am so excited for the new Christopher Robin movie - that will definitely be a family watch for us when it comes out. My DS is turning 18 in December and graduates high school around the same time - when he was born I had a Winnie the Pooh themed nursery for him so I think it rather cool that we will be watching that together all these years later as he moves towards his next phase of adult journey. Oh man I am going to be completely emotional over the next 4 months - I can see it now.

Happy Monday everyone!

It was a lovely weekend - weather at the beach was prefect. We took a boat ride thru several of the canals that run thru the residential areas that was just perfection. I ate very differently while there - a lot more than I have been but healthfully. And despite walking to and on the beach I was lower in steps than I wanted, due to the long drive both days. Still I didn't gain anything, and in fact the scale was quite low this morning... oddly low actually. We'll see if it stays that way.

I like the idea of tracking deficits... but I'm kind of struggling with FitBit. I can't figure out how to log any exercise other than steps, so my burn rate isn't accurate, although I know from the results I'm getting that I am maintaining a deficit.

Yesterday I ordered the course materials for the Soul Restoration class, when they arrive I'll get going in earnest.

Here's a little Monday motivation...

upload_2018-8-6_8-12-0.png

Last edited:
Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. It goes so quickly, doesn’t it?
In keeping with the Motivation Monday theme, I can finally fit into my regular clothes-I’d gained enough weight over the winter that I had to buy some things a size up. That was a big motivator to get back to WW and get back to my healthy weight-I still have some lbs to lose, but things are going in the right direction.
Oneanne, how great to walk on the beach! We have a very nice wooded trail behind our neighborhood-it’s been hot, so I appreciate the shade. And I love the beautiful graphics you share!

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. It goes so quickly, doesn’t it?
In keeping with the Motivation Monday theme, I can finally fit into my regular clothes-I’d gained enough weight over the winter that I had to buy some things a size up. That was a big motivator to get back to WW and get back to my healthy weight-I still have some lbs to lose, but things are going in the right direction.
Oneanne, how great to walk on the beach! We have a very nice wooded trail behind our neighborhood-it’s been hot, so I appreciate the shade. And I love the beautiful graphics you share!

The town my Sister lives in is quite unique... everything was laid out in the late 60's, but even now not all lots are built on, so in one block you might have some brand new houses, some older 60's era houses and some lots where people camp in their RVs. There's an RV lot across from her, and the people who own it have carved out a trail thru the scrub trees and the dunes, to the beach. It was quite an adventure to walk it... we had our Bear bell with us, because one's been spotted in the area, plus she's seen a coyote several times.

upload_2018-8-6_10-37-14.png

motivation Monday - repost of a quate from Lean Habbits

"Emotion is a far more powerful driver of behavior than knowledge. Thinking about your own life experience, you probably can come up with several examples of times when emotions were much more powerful than facts in governing your behavior. Even if you know something is safe (such as flying or being hungry), if you’re afraid of it, you are highly likely to make efforts to avoid it. Even if you know wearing high heels isn’t great for your posture, dang it, if you feel sexy and incredibly confident in heels, at least from time to time you’re going to put them on anyway. Feelings are powerful, so when you want to mold your behaviors to sculpt a leaner, healthier body, you need your emotions to be on your side, not just knowledge. Negative emotions about the behaviors you are trying to cement will poison your motivation to do them.

If you start to feel deprived or rebellious, think about what you are choosing, not what you are turning down. Every choice in life means letting one option go. We are always saying yes to one thing and no to another. Focusing on what you are saying yes to keeps your mind-set positive and reminds you that you are in the driver’s seat. Thinking that you “have to” eat vegetables or “can’t” eat a dessert is not true. No one is taking anything away from you or forcing you to adopt these habits.

Remind yourself as often as needed that you do not have to do this, you want to do this. If you are hesitant to make a change because you think about how much you enjoy the food you’d be giving up or having less of (your afternoon snack or beers on Saturday, for example), ask yourself if keeping your current behavior is worth more to you than a leaner body, and give yourself the option to choose either. It really is 100 percent up to you. Remember that predictions about a potential change are often more dramatic and negative than the change actually is"

"Emotion is a far more powerful driver of behavior than knowledge. Thinking about your own life experience, you probably can come up with several examples of times when emotions were much more powerful than facts in governing your behavior. Even if you know something is safe (such as flying or being hungry), if you’re afraid of it, you are highly likely to make efforts to avoid it. Even if you know wearing high heels isn’t great for your posture, dang it, if you feel sexy and incredibly confident in heels, at least from time to time you’re going to put them on anyway. Feelings are powerful, so when you want to mold your behaviors to sculpt a leaner, healthier body, you need your emotions to be on your side, not just knowledge. Negative emotions about the behaviors you are trying to cement will poison your motivation to do them.

If you start to feel deprived or rebellious, think about what you are choosing, not what you are turning down. Every choice in life means letting one option go. We are always saying yes to one thing and no to another. Focusing on what you are saying yes to keeps your mind-set positive and reminds you that you are in the driver’s seat. Thinking that you “have to” eat vegetables or “can’t” eat a dessert is not true. No one is taking anything away from you or forcing you to adopt these habits.

Remind yourself as often as needed that you do not have to do this, you want to do this. If you are hesitant to make a change because you think about how much you enjoy the food you’d be giving up or having less of (your afternoon snack or beers on Saturday, for example), ask yourself if keeping your current behavior is worth more to you than a leaner body, and give yourself the option to choose either. It really is 100 percent up to you. Remember that predictions about a potential change are often more dramatic and negative than the change actually is"
Great quote... thanks for posting it.

Great quote... thanks for posting it. Ooopppps. user error.

Topic Tuesday!!

First: Sorry for not checking in yesterday, but thanks to @Oneanne you all had a lovely inspiring graphic for Motivation Monday and I loved @HappyGrape's quotes! The heat is really starting to get to me.

So, today's question is heat related: Let's talk about hydration!

Mineralstoffe-im-Wasser.jpg

Drinking plenty of fluids is important all the time, but even more so if it is hot. Is hydration something that you watch, do you find it easy or difficult? What is your favorite drink to stay hydrated - and just for fun: what is your favorite drink including those not so healthy drinks? Any tips on how to stay hydrated?

I have been doing well with my tracking on My Fitness Pal, so here are the updated numbers through yesterday

August 1: -586
August 2: -699
August 3: -405
August 4: -677
August 5: -386
August 6: -841
Total so far: -3594

Goal for August is -15.500 which is -500 per day. Current average ist -599. So I am doing well with my goal at the moment. Currently I just have no appetite due to the heat...

I admit to being a Diet Coke addict-I don’t drink coffee and only occasionally tea. So I have to make a conscious effort to drink enough water.
My Friday night treat is an ice cold vodka martini with a twist of lemon. Only 4 WW points and worth every one!
It has been hot here as well, we are keeping meals simple-my husband will be out of town one night this week and I might just go out and get ice cream for dinner!

Hydration

Last month one of my goals was to drink 2+ liters of water per day, which became important after I realized I had a bladder infection, and everything I read said best remedy was to flush it out. It's helped me to re-establish the drinking habit and now if I don't get that much water in my system I feel parched.

My favorite drink would probably be an Iced Chai from Starbucks, followed closely by the Mint Iced Tea they serve at Spice Road in EPCOT, which is so refreshing, plus, well, EPCOT. For an "adult" beverage White Sangria is probably my go-to.

I'm going to tweak my step goal and say I'll walk 100 miles this month, instead of 10,000 steps 4 days per week. 100 miles works out to be around 8,000 steps per day, and I'm already about 10,000 steps behind the pace I need to keep to make the goal, so I need to get going.

Last edited:
I chug water straight from the tap all day long. I love it. I rarely drink anything else. Drives my friends bonkers.

Yesterday was sloth day. I had no energy and after work just sat all evening and read a book. It was very relaxing, but I should have accomplished more. Today I am more active. I had to make a dessert for neighborhood night out tonight. That happens pretty soon. Gotta love the speed of no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies! And yes, I've eaten too many!! Also used up our very brown bananas by making banana bread. For dinner made a yummy spinach, artichoke heart, feta salad. Think that'll probably be the end of my productivity!

Calories: -370, +11, -338

Whoohoo wednesday - I have been walking a lot and not very hungry! My calorie balance for the last two days is - 2210. Current total -4670. Good bit above the daily goal of 500. It may even out little as we have 15 years wedding anniversary and I plan to enjoy my meal out but I like how is this going so far.

Woohoo!

I'm getting excellent results from my NAET treatments, I've tested eggs twice now and I'm not having any reaction at all. We've just done milk/lactose and next will do milk/casein, then I should be cleared for dairy... now dairy still isn't all that good for us, but I'll process it like a "normal" person, and no longer be hyper-sensitive. My body is very, very happy right now.

My clothing is starting to get very loose, but I'm not quite down to the next size yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter