Am I the only one who does not like a particular Disney character?

I get absolutely nothing out of Tink, so you're not alone. I like her ONLY in the context of the Peter Pan movie, where she's got a temper and is a bit rude and obnoxious and jealous and has a crush on Peter. ;)

I dont care to much for her either, and the attitude above is how she acted during a meet and greet. It was my freinds first time to Disney and she took our children in to see Tink. They waited forever to be talked to in a rude way. My friend was NOT impressed at all. The kids were even mad about it. No more Tink for us.

I don't get Duffy. I just don't get Disney hyping this non-character. What has he ever done to warrant such hoopla? I'll tell ya....NUTHIN'!

Save your $$$ for another Mickey plush! ;)

I'm not a fan of Duffy either, but the character that I really dont like is Kim Possible. She was rude too when we met her and it turned me off, big time. We never did the Kim Possible thing at Epcot either and I'm not sad at all that they are closing it.

Tink is everywhere, but I'm just not that fond of her. When I'm looking for Disney clothing it seems she's on 50% of it, and everything else I look at. Is she a trend right now? Or have I not noticed it before? I'm a good old fashioned Mickey Mouse gal. The classic Disney characters appeal to me. Though I think Tink may be one... With the exception of Woody and Buzz I suppose. Is there anyone you're not fond of?

Geez, I could have written this! Tink just annoys me, and I have no interest in meeting her or any of the fairies. Mickey's my fave! And I have a new found appreciation for Gaston, since DS played him (brilliantly, I might add :rotfl2:)in a community production. Love the Winnie the Pooh characters, the original books hold a special place in my heart. Liked the original Lilo and Stitch movie, but Stitch has morphed into something .... irritating and annoying.

And while I think the princesses are ok -- Cinderella's my favorite -- the whole princess mindset as it applies to little girls who grow up to think they're princess-entitled women bugs the crap out of me. I think these characters at times do more harm than good, so if I had a daughter, I don't think I'd ever encourage a lot of interest in princesses. But that's another thread.

And while I think the princesses are ok -- Cinderella's my favorite -- the whole princess mindset as it applies to little girls who grow up to think they're princess-entitled women bugs the crap out of me. I think these characters at times do more harm than good, so if I had a daughter, I don't think I'd ever encourage a lot of interest in princesses. But that's another thread.

Which is odd really since many of the modern 'princesses' (Belle, Jasmine, Ariel etc) as characters in their respective films would never subscribe to this ethos. They're all strong independent women and it wouldn't even occur to them to be prissy. I agree with you; the 'Princess' brand is awful, betrays many of the actual characters and sends the wrong message to girls. Belle reading books and extending her knowledge, however, is a great role model. Pity she and other characters aren't marketed in this way but are instead marketed more like Barbie.

Which is odd really since many of the modern 'princesses' (Belle, Jasmine, Ariel etc) as characters in their respective films would never subscribe to this ethos. They're all strong independent women and it wouldn't even occur to them to be prissy. I agree with you, the 'Princess' brand is awful and sends the wrong message to girls. Belle reading books and extending her knowledge, however, is a great role model. Pity she and other characters aren't marketed in this way.

Rapunzel kicks some major butt, I think...but I wish the Disney company would have the guts to market her "brown-haired" version!!!!

The original Disney princesses are dumb, but the modern day ones are awesome...Belle, Rapunzel, etc....

but the Disney character that I'd most like to punch in the head is Winnie the Pooh! hate him!!!!!

Actually, Dumbo was very dear to me as a child for that exact reason - all the teasing he endured!

I was abused a lot in school, both by other kids and by some of the teachers. They were just really, really mean. Dumbo convinced me that it was okay to be different (to be "weird"), and I could survive being disliked, and it gave me hope that someday I'd be someone.

I think for me, even though I wasn't gay, Dumbo was like my own personal "It gets better" PSA. :thumbsup2

Dumbo's an important movie, for a lot of people who have gone through the same things that little elephant did - namely, being disliked and rejected for things beyond your control. I made my kids watch it, so we could talk about teasing and bullying.

And yeah - the song makes me cry, too. My mom used to sing it to me. :lovestruc

Dumbo is one of the BEST movies of all time, animated or live action. Those nasty female elephants are like every witchy woman I've ever worked with, gossipy and back-stabbing...and Dumbo endures so much, yet comes out ahead. Great movie!!!!

whew! glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like Mickey or Minnie...never have, never will. It's the Duck all the way for me as far as the classic characters (insert DD smiley here - hey, why no Donald??) and I can't stand Jessie from TS - annoying obnoxious ....

As far as characters in the parks, I really only enjoy the face characters. It's just not worth it to wait in line and not even be able to have a small conversation. Though watching Marie dance with DD in France was pretty freaking awesome!

I am a princess fan. But I just don't get Sleeping Beauty. And her hair is super weird.

Not a fan of Stitch, Incredibles, Pooh, Jafar, Pocahontas, or Donald. And the Fairies! And I agree, Tink's meet and greet is boring..her friends were way better than her.

Best interaction we probably ever had was Tiana and Naveen. I am excited to meet Rapunzel o our next trip!

Thinking a little more about this and I feel like the new Mickey Mouse club has really wrecked the classic charactors for me. The heavy hitters are in this show (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto) and they have just butchered them.

Clarabelle Cow and Ludwig Von Drake too. Another show that does this to me is Jake and the Neverland Pirates. What they've done with the whole concept of Neverland makes me cry. I know it's for little kids and all, but geez.

I've been hearing rumors that if Oswald gets any sort of kick-off from Disney he'll end up on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I just can't and don't want to imagine Oswald singing the "Hot Dog" song, as in Epic Mickey 2 it was shown that he can't sing. And I also don't want to see his design updated.

As for characters I don't like, it's really become very hard for me to find any respect for Mickey unless he's kicking butt like in Kingdom Hearts. And Minnie, well, it's become a usual joke in my house that Minnie is just Mickey in drag (There was even a Mickey cartoon in the 90's where Mickey dressed in drag and passed himself off as Minnie).

Others on the list are Tigger, Tinker Bell, Duffy, and a bunch of the Pixar characters, except Remy and the characters from Brave. I know, a lot of people love the Pixar characters, but to me they're pushed in your face too much and are just on everything.

I do not care for Stitch. His likeness is on way too much merchandise. A few years ago, there were trading pins that had Stich's likeness replace the likes of Mickey in a Steamboat Willie Scene, and Peter in a Peter Pan scene. He is not deserving to even be compared to those classics. He also appeared on a lot of merchandise with the fab 5. If you are going to add to the fab 5, there are many more deserving characters than Stitch. I could see Buzz, or Mater, but never Stitch! I find the Stitch hype to be way overrated.

ok.... I have to be one in favor and defense of "The Incredibles". I love the action, and all of the characters. I also like the Jazzy music and the colors used in the movie. Liked the plot as well. Maybe perhaps i have so many in my life with similar personalities. I basically love most all Pixar movies.

Stitch and Pinnocchio are the annoying ones for me, and snow white a little; Tink although ok, is just plastered too much on everything right now.

Any character related to Sleeping Beauty, especially Malificent. I couldn't watch that movie as a child, Malificent always scared me and the first time I tried watching it I had all these nightmares. I don't think I've ever even seen the whole movie now that I'm 24 :rotfl:

This post made me giggle! The donk from "Winnie the Pook" is Eeyore! :)
I blame the autocorrect, I wrote Pooh it changed to pool and when I tried to write it again it I had a brain fart.:blush:

But yes, Eeyore. He's just too depressive for me.

This thread has me howling! "hate" "despise" "punch him in the head" The poor characters!!

I guess it has to do with memories, too. In our house, we are into the classics, and newer films up to and including Hercules, Lilo & Stitch, etc. We don't watch any Disney shows that come out now unless it's Pirates or something like that, so sometimes I don't even know the characters people are talking about.

But two guys I can live without (can't use the "H" word) - Tweedle Dee & Dum. They just look and act like child molesters. :)

I actually like Ariel as a character but she annoyed the bejesus out of me when we had lunch with the characters at Akershus. If she said "BUBBLES!" one more time I might have thrown her to Ursula. BLAH!

I know- I'm late.
:p
I dislike:
Stich and Lilo- UGH- so annoying
Wall-E and Eve- Boring
Tink- I don't get the fascination?
CARSSSS- It's a dumb movie, and I hate everything about it. My nephew loves it and we always have to buy him Cars crap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter