Am I the only one BUMMED about DCL?

Quote BY DVCajun
I totally disagree. There's Disney magic at Disneyland, but it hardly surpasses Disney World. I was very underwhelmed by our whole experience in California. The entire Anaheim area is practically a ghetto.

I agree with ilovemky

I live in the next city over from Anaheim - Fullerton. My wife also works as a gifted teacher in the Anaheim School district. Although Anaheim is like any other large metropolis (yes it has some bad areas), it also has many nice residential areas. It is also home to DL and CA and Walt spent many a day here. I could also say the same things about Orlando, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville and Miami (or any other state with a large city), as I have lived in Central Florida before and have visited these cities many times but if I may re-iterate, this is true of all metroplitan areas and Anaheim is no worse than any other. Are there some run-down areas in Anaheim - of course there are but to imply the whole city is this way is just plain unfair and gives a bad impression of this area to the rest of the people reading this forum. Just my opinion. (Also spent the first 12 years of my life on the south side of Chicago near the stockyards) - Mike

Well if they do go to the west coast we could just go to the west coast. *thinking optomistically*

It is very clear they need more ships. I do not think they will have any problems filling them and that will provide ships for both coasts. Should make everyone happy which is what Disney strives to do. - Mike

Lots of us pay for airfare from California to visit WDW and cruise DCL in Florida! It's just part of the budget for a wonderful vacation!

There is a lot to do here in California, and although DL/DCA is not as large as DW, it has a lot of charm!!!

We have beautiful beaches and coastal drives, redwood trees, Yosemite, Magic Mountain, Knottsberry Farm, San Diego, delicous Mexican/Thai/Chinese/Japanese food and more, Medieval Times, Legoland, San Francisco, lakes, and more!

I know the one's who are upset about DCL coming to California are in the minority, and those with Disney adventurous spirit will welcome the possibility to cruise the Mexican Riviera or the Panama Canal from our sunshine state.

Come and visit us!

Barbara (Who flies with her family of four to Orlando for her second time for a 7 day Disney cruise in June, and is happy to have paid the airfare!):sunny: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We went on an RCL cruise from San Diego south to the west coast of Mexico in June last year. We were disappointed in a number of things compared to being in the Carribean. The water wasn't nearly as calm, and of course, we missed the gorgeous blue, clear waters. It was cold and windy for days at sea!!! Couldn't even sit at the pool! Ports were fun, but we vowed to stick to cruises out of Florida. We've been to Disneyland many times, and there really is no comparison to WDW. I think this change for DCL would be a huge disappointment!!

Originally posted by thebets57
We went on an RCL cruise from San Diego south to the west coast of Mexico in June last year. We were disappointed in a number of things compared to being in the Carribean. The water wasn't nearly as calm, and of course, we missed the gorgeous blue, clear waters. It was cold and windy for days at sea!!! Couldn't even sit at the pool! Ports were fun, but we vowed to stick to cruises out of Florida. We've been to Disneyland many times, and there really is no comparison to WDW. I think this change for DCL would be a huge disappointment!!

Thanks for sharing that information. For those of us who have never cruised on the West Coast, we don't know what to expect.

All I can recall about being on water in California is that I was seasick from Long Beach to Catalina Island years ago....

Rae

My friends and I got seasick on that ferry also from Long Beach to Catalina! The way out wasn't too bad, but on the way back, you couldn't even walk to the restroom without falling down! (and no we weren't that drunk!)

Robin

Originally posted by ilovemky
A POSTER SAID :The entire Anaheim area is practically a ghetto.

I resent the fact that this poster gave the impression that THE ENTIRE ANAHEIM AREA is a ghetto.

Please do us a favor and stay in florida

WELL SAID!!!

Originally posted by moocow35
My friends and I got seasick on that ferry also from Long Beach to Catalina! The way out wasn't too bad, but on the way back, you couldn't even walk to the restroom without falling down! (and no we weren't that drunk!)

Robin

Now you know why it took me so long to ever agree to a cruise - I was SHOCKED to see that there is no comparison and kept waiting for the "real motion" to kick in. Being landlocked, I never had a valid concept of the water, and now it's like "WOW! THIS IS GREAT!"

(Edited to separate this from my reply to Robin)

I was stationed at March AFB in the 1970's and enjoyed visiting many areas in CA - I had a close friend who lived in Anaheim and never thought of it THEN as anything but a nice little place to live. Whether it has seen it's day or not, it's still home to many people and that should be considered when we discuss it.

Rae

I am going on my first Disney Cruise this August and I was hoping to rebook on board for next August (yes, I am sure that I am going to love it already). From what I hear from friends that have gone on the Disney Cruise, Castaway Cay is certainly one of the highlights of the trip. I'm just wondering what they will replace that with (if it is possible to replace it).
I live in the Northeast so I have to fly to both Florida and California. However, if I fly out to California there are so many things that I'd like to do on land that I don't think I would bother going all the way there to just to get on a cruise. I guess we will have to just wait and see. My fingers are crossed for DCL to stay on the east coast.

We wanted to do the big 25th anniversary thing in July on a seven day. Looking on the bright side, the 4 day will be more affordable for friends and family who want to join us in the celebration.

Not that I don't love CA, I am going next month for a conference and of course sliding in a visit to DL. It just airfare for five is out of the price range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter