Am I the only one BUMMED about DCL?

Yeah but deerh there will still be a DCL ship in Orlando that you could go on even if it isnt where you would prefer to go. The only thing that changed for those of you on the Eastern half is the fact that they probably mess around with Itineraries for a few months but you still dont have to incur the great cost of airfare and everything like those of us living out West have to incur. There are several posts (maybe not from you specifically) that come off as saying that those who cruise from Orlando deserve to never have to deal with going to California while those of us who live on the West Coast areas will only get a 3 month reprieve from the exhorbitant costs and time it takes to get to Orlando. While it is true that it falls into your anniversary time which I can see could be disappointing to you it will be the only time that my whole family brothers and families and parents will be able to go on a cruise all together as a big family. My father is ill and I hope that he will be able to even be around for this time but it is something that not just a few of us would remember it would total about 40-50 people. I could see everyone getting upset if Disney was bringing both boats West but you still do get to have one of them and then they will be back.

I assume that the "Westerners and the Easterners" will never agree on what's fair but I think you should at least consider that most generally we DO get the short end of the stick when it comes to doing a Disney Cruise.

To each his own opinion but I am still really hoping it will happen.

Heidi:wave:

I am upset too. I wish they would have alternated a 3,4 7 schedule with the ship they leave in Florida.

deerh...you even quoted me and I did NOT say YOU were snobbish and selfish. I said SOME of the posts came off that way. Particularly the ones who started saying that Disneyland looks like a ghetto or is in a ghetto area. That comes across snobbish and like a "put down" to the West Coast area. I do agree that the Caribbean is much nicer and can't be beat, maybe that's one of the reasons we chose to cruise on the EAst Coast all this time.

I'm sorry you took offense but I did not mean to insult you, I didn't even name names. I was simply referring to only some of the posts in this thread.

Hydster:
Been on the 4 day DCL cruise, been on 3 day carnival cruise, been on 4 day RCCL cruise. This would have been our 1st 7 day cruise, and a special occasion to boot!

My other options are too high:

1. DCL 7 day cruise- Looks like it is not happin!
2. Hawaii exchange-airfare too high from Atlanta!! WOW!
3. Caribbean exchange- Still looks hopeful, but we will see.
4. Florida exchanges-Not too excited to be at those resorts.
5. WDW-Well, we love WDW, but been there done that, after all
this IS our 25th annivesary!!

So, maybe be running out of options.

P.S airfare to Caribbean exchanges almost as high as Hawaii!! OUCH!!

No problem on the snobbish, the way it was stated, it sounded like all people were like that. Not me, JUST BAD TIMING FOR DCL AND ME!!
WHY could they not move the ship another time??? I know, 50th anniversary of Disneyland. Still trying to figure out why a ship would be there, but oh well...........
DeerH

tezb......maybe if the ship moves to west coast in '05 we could finally cruise together!!! Allie was so upset that she could not go with us on the 2/7 (parents only that trip). Tell Brandon she says hello!!!

I also want to cruise with Minnimoms as we had the best time on the 2/7 cruise!!!! Yeah....I would love to come and cruise from the West Coast, whereever the Magic goes!!!! I would be interested in any new itinerary!!!

MJ

Sounds good MJ, although not sure when we plan to cruise again after this June. Trying RCCL Mariner for the first time and might be the last cruise til maybe 2006 when Brandon graduates high school. It's getting soooo expensive to do this cruising w/ a family of 5. Was thinking of even cancelling this cruise due to tight finances but my oldest graduates this May so the cruise is sort of his celebration AND we wanted to try a Mega ship. We'll see how it goes. Brandon says "Hi" to Allie also. He didn't have as much fun last July on the Magic...she probably would have made it more fun for him!!

We booked the last scheduled cruise to date May 7, 2005. For those of you looking for a 7 day, this might be your chance!

We booked the April 30 2005, (which is pretty close to summertime) sailing and it was one of the cheapest sailings available. For those of you who wanting to sail in the summer maybe you can do this one.

Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
The only thing I see unfair about this change of itinerary is those that are cruising right now are unable to use the onboard booking discount/stateroom credit to book a cruise during those months in the summer of 2005- atleast not unless they are doing it on a 3 or 4 day cruise on the Wonder. If they want a cruise on the Magic- regardless of where it will be cruising from- they can't book it onboard with the discount and such.... until they get it all figured out and no longer have it as a "rumor" and let people start booking.
Well, that's unfair... to those people.

You can book a date on board you may not be able to use, get the discount, then move the date to what may work later. The discount remains. At least that is what we were told. We booked January of 2005, knowing we may have to move the date.

Carla

Carla,

I just got back from the 2/14 cruise. I talked to Donna several times about booking for the summer cruise. Her only advise was just book any time and then I could move it once the summer opens up. (her exact words) = "most likely the discounts would *not* apply to any new itinerary" "Disney has not made a decision yet" "The only offer at this point for the 10% off and the $200.00 stateroom credit is for the *existing* Eastern and Western routes" "I will not promise the discounts for the summer months until Disney finalizes the plans" Donna left this message on my stateroom phone, so I was able to listen over and over again to make sure I heard her correctly. "At this time, no discount for summer 2005".

Your discount "might" apply to the summer, however she was VERY doubtful that it would. Needless to say, I did not book onboard. Why? If I could not move the discount with the booking, I see no benefit to booking onboard.

Robin

I just called and DCL (2/25) said that they have 7 nights Jan - May 7 and Sept -December 2005, available to book.
Don't know if that is helpful or not to any of you but I wanted to share. Maybe DCL will just take our ship for a SHORT trip to the west coast???

I'd be ecstatic if DCL does do a Western/Pacific Itinerary. This is an opportunity for those that have done the Caribbean with DCL to try something different plus I'm sure it will sellout VERY quickly once it is announced. The Magic is returning in September so its not like (this is assuming it actually happens) is the end of 7 day Caribbean cruising with DCL.
Variety is the spice of life and I think this is a wonderful thing.

My 2 cents worth ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

We were thinking of a 7-day in July or August 2005, but we can't afford the airfare right now. So we booked the March 5-12 Eastern (which, BTW has already gone up over $400 since we booked!!!).

I feel for all you West Coasters...having to fly to Orlando to cruise DCL!

Here's a link to another thread with an article published in Cruise Week. Magic to the West Coast?
So the bad news is maybe the Magic won't be comming out west after all, but the good news is they may be trying out some new iteneraries.

The previously mentioned article..
But Disney Cruise Line says don't jump to any conclusions. "We are making plans for going somewhere different in summer 2005," says spokesperson Mark Jaronski. "We're looking at the pros and cons of staying in the Caribbean as opposed to going somewhere else."

This really is classic double talk. They don't confirm, deny or indicate what they're going to do. They're keeping their cards close to their chest and I'm sure as May draws closer the "truth" about where the Magic will go in the summer of 2005 will "leak" out.
The speculation sure makes for a bit of fun though. :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

I agree with WDWLVR. People always put down DLR just because its smaller then WDW but its still nice to visit. It was were it all started so its cool knowing you are walking were Walt did.

There is no offical article about it but the captain has sorta of hinted at it and DLR wants to somthing special for its 50th. As many of you know, I am friends with the president of DCL. He told me they are planning on throwing some new itinerarys in soon but could not tell me more then that. We will just have to wait and see.
Matt

I didn't read through all the posts. But I agree with some. I would NOT do a CA. cruise. Too far a plane ride for me. I would probably just do Royal Caribbean in 2005. You never know how much we may like it till we try it.

I can't believe the posts on here complaining about taking YOUR ships to California, like we were a leper colony and that you WOULDN'T ever want to go to DISNEYLAND--horrors! Give us a try--we are great, friendly people who love our PARK! It is wonderful!

A POSTER SAID :The entire Anaheim area is practically a ghetto.

What are you talking about????????????????I live in Anaheim and I am the only person in my neighborhood who does not own at least one Porsche, or ferrari, or their own limo. And I don't live in the richest neighborhood either--average house prices are close to $700,000.

I resent the fact that this poster gave the impression that THE ENTIRE ANAHEIM AREA is a ghetto.

Please do us a favor and stay in florida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter