Always check both hotels ...

Beckles

DIS Veteran
Last minute trip to Orlando, I called Loews last night and asked for the HRH, which I prefer because it's so easy to walk to the parks. Only Club Rooms available at $260. Asked about the PBH, they still had Entertainment rates available at $160.

Similar situation for my stay on April 22, the PBH had much more availability of lower rates when I made those reservations over a month ago.

The PBH is the nicer hotel overall in my opinion (I've stayed at both), but the HRH is so much more convenient to the parks, so if it is less expensive, I prefer it

The reservation person at Universal usually checks both hotels if your preference isn't available.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Click HERE for interesting Universal Orlando information!

Barry ~ It's not even one being sold out ... the HRH isn't sold out for either of my upcoming stays, but the PBH can be had for significantly less in both cases, even though HRH is almost full, there are plenty of discounts at the PBH still available.

Where are these rooms available? I called this morning and was told that neither the HRH nor the Portifino had anything available for last minute. I am looking for 1 night on the 11th of April. Looking for a quick getaway for the night before Easter. Any suggestions?

Sue

All Star Sports 6/97
All Star Music 6/98
Polynesian 6/99
All Star Movies 6/00
Disney Magic 6/00
Disney Magic 1/01

Oh yeah....I called the HRH directly and they connected me to reservations....would I have better luck with Loew's reservations?

All Star Sports 6/97
All Star Music 6/98
Polynesian 6/99
All Star Movies 6/00
Disney Magic 6/00
Disney Magic 1/01

I've always had better luck with Loews reservations, and try everything. On one stay earlier this year the only place I found with availability was the USF website ... it seems different folks have different availability!

The Loews reservations number is 1-800-LOEWS11 I think ...

MickFreak,

I just did a quick check and hoteldiscounts.comk has available rooms for the Portofino on April 11th at rack rate. You may want to also check some of the other hotel websites.

Jim

Thanks Beckles...
I called the Loew's number and got a Florida residents rate for the Portofino. Still wished I could have gotten the HRH, but the Portifino will do just fine. Thanks!

Sue

All Star Sports 6/97
All Star Music 6/98
Polynesian 6/99
All Star Movies 6/00
Disney Magic 6/00
Disney Magic 1/01

ShannonD

Well, the rate I was told was 199 a night for garden view room. I was first quoted 350 a room and then I asked if there were any discounts, such as Fl. residents and they gave me that rate. Not sure how long the discount is running though.....

Sue

All Star Sports 6/97
All Star Music 6/98
Polynesian 6/99
All Star Movies 6/00
Disney Magic 6/00
Disney Magic 1/01

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest