Almost 3 year old...

radmelissa

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone,
My family is getting geared up for our cruise on the Wonder on April 6th. I'm getting a little nervous though. Our son will be 2 years and 51 weeks when we board-meaning not technically 3. This makes me nervous because he has a 6 year old sister and we are traveling with friends with a fully 3 year old son and 7 year old daughter. He IS potty trained and able to function like most 3 year olds... this leads me to my question.

Do you think we will be able to have him in the Oceaneers Club or are they going to make us separate him from his friends and sister? Anyone have any experience with this?

Hey Everyone,
My family is getting geared up for our cruise on the Wonder on April 6th. I'm getting a little nervous though. Our son will be 2 years and 51 weeks when we board-meaning not technically 3. This makes me nervous because he has a 6 year old sister and we are traveling with friends with a fully 3 year old son and 7 year old daughter. He IS potty trained and able to function like most 3 year olds... this leads me to my question.

Do you think we will be able to have him in the Oceaneers Club or are they going to make us separate him from his friends and sister? Anyone have any experience with this?

Unfortunately, no. They no longer allow exceptions for under 3 year olds to go to the club and lab.

It's true that they do not make exceptions to the 3 year old rule, however keep in mind that there are LOTS of open house times when your son will be able to enjoy the club and participate in the activities. It's just that an adult will need to stay with him.

If he turns 3 while on the cruise, as of the birthday he can go to secured programming in the Club. However, not prior to that date. The other 3 yr old can go to the nursery if your families wish to have the kids stay together.

Enjoy your cruise!

While he won't be allowed in the club or the lab when it's not open house, if/when you take him to the nursery, you could make a point of saying that he has an older sister and friends in the club/lab. While me, or anyone else can't promise you anything, depending on numbers, it's not uncommon for a nursery counsellor to bring an older nursery child or two through to the club to play for a little while (to go down the slide or watch a programme that's going on if there's a character there), and there's more of a chance if they're traveling with a group, also more of a chance if they're potty trained because they have to go through to the club to use the bathrooms.
Like I said though, if it's a busy cruise it probably won't happen, but that's about as close as he's going to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter