Allergy question

oh man. my daughter is pn/tn ana and I had no idea she couldn't eat the waffles!!!!

oh man. my daughter is pn/tn ana and I had no idea she couldn't eat the waffles!!!!
I emailed guest dietary services today and what I asked was if any restaurants fry in peanut oil. They sent back this whole long email about their policies, blah, blah, blah...but these were the important points. All Disney restaurants fry in canola oil. Yaaa! And they sent me a link with items at most restaurants with peanut free foods. It wasn't very extensive. In the email though it said there are many items that they have different versions of that they don't put on their allergy menus. I took this to mean for instance when I was in Disneyland we ate at the Carnation Cafe and the chef had a separate batter that went on a separate waffle iron. I bet it's the same for sure in the buffets. I don't know what it would be like like for other allergies, but peanut and tree nut allergies are pretty common now days and I think they will be very accommodating.

You also have to remember that Disney is going to cover their behinds (rightfully) when it comes to what they put in print about allergies. So they are going to play on the super safe side of things. That way they can point to what is printed and say "We told them it may not be safe but they decided on their own to ignore said warning." Can't say I blame them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter