All-Star Sports on Priceline for $36?

Lewisc said:
Hotels in Orlando will almost always give famlies a room with 2 double beds.

It looks like Disney isn't coming up much more than 50% of the time. Are you really saving enough if you're going to walk away from a winning bid? If you weren't willing to use PL to stay offsite <$30 why are you willing to take a chance and risk staying offsite for more money? It makes sense if you were otherwise willing to stay offsite but remember an offsite stay will require a car rental and paying to park at Disney. That, combined with the PL fee, will wipe out a lot of your savings.
That is true if you are not already with a car & not a passholder. In my case, I am ok with it. I am driving & have a pass... so for me, I saved over $300 on my total trip. No, I didnt' get the AS-Music for all of it, but I did for 2 of the nights. To me, the gamble was worth it..
You are correct to warn everyone. Many are not looking at everything. Now, if I had to rent a car, pay parking...no, the $300 savings may not really be that much after everything else is taken into account. Also, like you said, if you weren't willing to stay offsite before, do not chance it now.. I did my trip in two bids, one part of my trip got Disney, the other got the Amerisuites... so everyone really needs to think before they leap....

ps.. as far as the bed for only 2, I have used PL for many years & have never gotten a king only room. Most of the rooms in Orlando are not king only. In fact, in Orlando, it is harder to get the King only rooms...so I would not worry about that.

lillygator said:
can I "give" my room away? I hate to see it get wasted - !
For one night it will not kill you to stay there.. trust me. I did it, yes it was totally discusting & gross. You will not be in there much. Stay at the parks as long as you can... go back to the room to sleep...do not even shower there. Check out early & then head over to Disney & see if you can get an early check in... then shower.. that is what we did in Oct when we got the Nikki Bird. We were there for 2 nights thru PL. When I complained to the manager upon checking out, they gave me a full refund...including my PL fees. PL didn't offer me anything but the $10 bounus for a future bid.. but considering that the Nikki Bird refunded me, I was ok with it. All I can say is, inspect your room before you unpack. If it is as bad as mine was..just ask for a different room ASAP, that was my mistake. I didn't see the room till nearly 10:30pm & by then it was too late (we were toooo tired) to even atempt to switch rooms. The next morning when I complained, they had nothing for us to switch to. Latter that day they had one to change us to because they left a mesage on the phone that they had a different room for us, but again, this time it was 11pm & I figured "forget it" & just told them I would sleep there but was leaving early in the morning.

DisneyFreq said:
We've already booked and prepaid for ASMu for May 19-23rd. I was thinking it would be nice to book a cheap room for the 18th so we can leave thursday once we get off work...putting us in orlando around 1am...but giving us plenty of time to rest before our full day at AK the next morning. The deal is it would have to be a good deal! I bid $26 for a 2 and 1/2 for the disney world area (lowest amount it would alow me to bid without the warning "small chance of being accepted." It came back and said I could bid $7 more NOW and have a good chance...bid $33 and was given ASSp...total was $44 w/fees. Not bad for a gamble on a place to sleep and its right next door to our original ressies. I was tempted to try and book our entire hotel stay and cancel our ressies at ASMu....but decided it was too risky.
Smart..that is what I did after getting excited that I had gotten the Music for the 2 nights (I was originally staying at POP). I tried for the other 6 nights & got the Amerisuites..not a bad place, but it isn't "onsite"... as I said in my other posts, I am ok with it.. but many may not be.

MyGoofy26 said:
Something I accidentally stumbled on one time when I had a typo entering my CC number (this wouldn't help determing what hotel, just what price) is that they don't check your credit card until a price is accepted. So you could theoretically *forget* a number in your CC number and see if it prompts you to check your CC information. If it's not accepted, you'll go straight to a denial screen.

I did this once inadvertently and I'm always tempted to try it again deliberately to see what price I could get certain rooms for, LOL.

Well, I did it in error this morning and it did just what you suggested, but of course you still don't knwo where you are sleeping.

You might want to look at CarolA's post here showing all the dates people have successfully gotten. None are past June 7 so far. I think this block of rooms that Priceline has is May and early June right now.

There are a lot of people reading these threads who don't have any experience with PL. I only recall one or two posters in Orlando who got stuck with a king bedded,handicap accessible room, I think at the Hilton. I agree in Orlando your chances of getting a room with two beds is excellent BUT THIS ISN'T THE CASE IN OTHER CITIES. Several of the hotels in NYC assign PL guests small rooms with only one double bed. One hotel didn't even have room to open a suitcase on the floor, it didn't have room for a sleeping bag. Biddingfortravel will warn you about cities where this is common but even in Orlando you don't have grounds to complain if a sold out hotel elects to give the rooms with two beds to guests who are paying more.

This post is not intended for the person I quoted, who knows how PL works but to warn people who haven't used PL before. Famlies with 5 should bid two rooms otherwise book conventionally.

A Mickeyfan said:
ps.. as far as the bed for only 2, I have used PL for many years & have never gotten a king only room. Most of the rooms in Orlando are not king only. In fact, in Orlando, it is harder to get the King only rooms...so I would not worry about that.

Congrats everyone! I'm a big PL junkie for trips I make to cities to visit relatives, but I don't know if I'd be brave enough to do this for my WDW trips! I'm impressed!

Hi All~

I am very pleased to read others getting such great deals as I was able to do. I am still laughing at my 2 rooms for 7 nights for 588.00 total deal at AS Music. Yesterday I was able to get 4 additional rooms at the same rate of 36.00 for AS Music for the same dates we are going 5/31-6/7. In total, the amount I have saved verses the other reservations at rack rate at AKL is just over 8000.00 (we had 3 rooms at AKL Concierge Deluxe Savannah @ 499.00 plus taxes and fees). Now I will say this again, We are 100% aware of the differences in the 2 resorts and are prepared for lots of kids but WE DON"T CARE for 36.00 night. It's Disney for petes sake hehe

We experimented with testing for rooms after 6/7 and we did not luck out. Having said that, I have one night (6/7/06) at Amerisuites Kissimmee if anyone would like to make use of this, at no charge.

Contact me at MILEMRKR63@aol.com and I will give you information to have this room, priceline confirmation etc. I will then contact the Amerisutes and make the name changes. Once again, no charge to the person who wants it for the night of 6/7/06.

I hope I am not violating any terms of this site by offering this room. It is my intention to let someone have a night in Orlando in a room that I have no use for.

I understand how priceline works but I am too chicken to try it. Is Expedia similar, can you cancel/change your Expedia reservations? Reason I ask, I was checking into a hotel I had booked through the hotel website and another couple was trying to check in also. They had made their reservations through Expedia and did not have a room. The hotel clerk said they don't have to honor Expedia reservations if they are able to book out the rooms another way. Has anyone else had this experience? The couple had to find another hotel. This scared me from making reservations except directly through hotels since then. Are the priceline reservations like this also? Could they not be honored? I'm not trying to put a damper on this thread but I've been wondering about this ever since that experience. I felt very bad for that couple!

Is the travel bidding place as difficult as it reads? I can't get into reading and understanding it! Can anyone explain it in English please? LOL!!! Thanks!!! :confused3

5boyz, I wrote a post last night (linked here) on how to do it, step by step, and increase your odds in favor of the Disney hotels. Pay particular attention to cross-checking the hotels' availability at Expedia to make sure they have vacancy on the dates you are looking for.

Be sure to check Carol's great post here too, showing the dates people have been successful in getting these rooms, and the dates they have not.

----

Goofy, Expedia is a "travel agent" site -- it handles the booking of airfare, hotel, and rental cars like a travel agent would, but you do it yourself. Much like Travelocity. I have never had a problem with reservations booked through Expedia and the experience you posted above sounds like a very bad hotel clerk... I do know Expedia sometimes offers Expedia-only rates for rooms, but I have never had a problem using one. The last time I booked a room via Expedia was an Expedia-only rate for a $19/night room at the Palace Station in Las Vegas -- they honored it no problem.

A Mickeyfan said:
For one night it will not kill you to stay there.. trust me. I did it, yes it was totally discusting & gross. You will not be in there much. Stay at the parks as long as you can... go back to the room to sleep...do not even shower there. Check out early & then head over to Disney & see if you can get an early check in... then shower.. that is what we did in Oct when we got the Nikki Bird. We were there for 2 nights thru PL. When I complained to the manager upon checking out, they gave me a full refund...including my PL fees. PL didn't offer me anything but the $10 bounus for a future bid.. but considering that the Nikki Bird refunded me, I was ok with it. All I can say is, inspect your room before you unpack. If it is as bad as mine was..just ask for a different room ASAP, that was my mistake. I didn't see the room till nearly 10:30pm & by then it was too late (we were toooo tired) to even atempt to switch rooms. The next morning when I complained, they had nothing for us to switch to. Latter that day they had one to change us to because they left a mesage on the phone that they had a different room for us, but again, this time it was 11pm & I figured "forget it" & just told them I would sleep there but was leaving early in the morning.

well I already have a room at AKL, so we'll be staying there! ;)

I bid at $36 for June 9th and got All Star Music then I took advantage of the offer to add a night and added the 10th, so now we'll check out on Sunday the 11th, which was my original plan but I was too chicken to bid all at once.

But, then I got greedy. I really wanted to arrive on the 8th, so I did another bid and ended up with AmeriSuites. That's OK. At least they have free breakfast. :-)

I got Nikki bird for my daughter for one night August 19. :crazy:
They will be checking into a one bedroom at BCV on me the next day so I guess they can't complain!
Do I click on "click here for special offer" or will I end up buying 10 more rooms?
It was unnerving taking that gamble though! Could become habit forming! :goodvibes

Magnetic-Thank You!!! I had only read 2 o 3 pages of this thread when I decided to ask about it....shortly after I posted I got to your post LOL!! So thanks again it was PERFECT now I do not need a room until July 23 so right now is not really the time to try right? I also would like to look at 1 for July 22 in Tennessee as we are driving down from Canada and want to take 2 days our Disney res are not until July24 at POP.

This is so cool!! :thumbsup2 I'll have to chance it and try it for future trips. It would be nice to see if mods get added to this.That's a great savings!!

Tinkerbellmom33 said:
This is so cool!! :thumbsup2 I'll have to chance it and try it for future trips. It would be nice to see if mods get added to this.That's a great savings!!

Yes, if they extended it to moderates it would be great but I guess you could get a better grade off property also. That might stink....

Lewisc said:
Biddingfortravel will warn you about cities where this is common but even in Orlando you don't have grounds to complain if a sold out hotel elects to give the rooms with two beds to guests who are paying more.

This post is not intended for the person I quoted, who knows how PL works but to warn people who haven't used PL before. Famlies with 5 should bid two rooms otherwise book conventionally.

I normally agree with Lewis, but I don't here. I believe you have grounds to complain.... YOU did not make the hotel sell you the hotel cheap that was their decision. I have nicely explained this to a hotel manager in Chicago and was moved to an acceptable room..... Now you don't deserve an upgrade to a balcony or something, but clean and normal size for the hotel are not "requests" but what they agreed to provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!