All-Star Sports on Priceline for $36?

time101

Mouseketeer
Not sure if it's a legit posting or not, but a user on BiddingforTravel.com posted that he won a 3 night stay at All-Star Sports at the end of April/beginning of May for $36 per night. He claims it's listed as a 2 1/2 * hotel.

If this is true, I believe it's the first time a Disney-owned hotel has showed up on Priceline.

There have been rumors for quite some time saying that WDW was going to start offering unsold rooms to Priceline......

The poster on Biddingfortravel seems to have a reputable history, so, if it is true, I can see it definately causing quite a commotion here. :crazy:

Its true. I bid and won All Sar Music, 2 rooms from 5/31-6/7 36.00 a night for a total of 588.00. I did this last night after reading the post regarding Priceline winnings.

I called Priceline after winning and the man said "You saved 63% off the rate"

I priced it on the WDW website and it was 784.00 for one room and i got 2 rooms for 588.00.

I am very pleased to say the least.

MILEMRKR63 said:
Its true. I bid and won All Sar Music, 2 rooms from 5/31-6/7 36.00 a night for a total of 588.00. I did this last night after reading the post regarding Priceline winnings.

I called Priceline after winning and the man said "You saved 63% off the rate"

I priced it on the WDW website and it was 784.00 for one room and i got 2 rooms for 588.00.

I am very pleased to say the least.

It's been a while since I've used PL and was interested in giving it a shot for my 2 nights in May. Do you mind posting the details of your winning bid (re: zones, etc.) or sending me a PM???

Thanks!!! :teeth:

Here's my warning. It's a 2.5 star hotel in the WDW area. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com and review the listing. There is a risk that you will get ANY of the 2.5* hotels NOT just the All Stars.....I only recommend bidding if you can live with ANY of them. There are a few I just don't know if I can deal with.. (I am considering the risk I need a one night stay in the early June...)

CarolA said:
Here's my warning. It's a 2.5 star hotel in the WDW area. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com and review the listing. There is a risk that you will get ANY of the 2.5* hotels NOT just the All Stars.....I only recommend bidding if you can live with ANY of them. There are a few I just don't know if I can deal with so I am holding off.....
Thanks CarolA - I'm prepared to deal with what I get at the 2.5* level regardless since I'm solo for the first 2 nights. Think I'll try for 1 night, then if I win the AS's I'll see about adding a 2nd night. Already have a ressie at Pop to fall back on for the 2nd night.

Just bid on PL and won 1 night at the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird for $36. Would have preferred AS, but knew what I was getting into and have no problem with this resort for 1 night.

HTH someone else!!! :teeth:

travelin' tigger said:
Thanks CarolA - I'm prepared to deal with what I get at the 2.5* level regardless since I'm solo for the first 2 nights. Think I'll try for 1 night, then if I win the AS's I'll see about adding a 2nd night. Already have a ressie at Pop to fall back on for the 2nd night.

Just bid on PL and won 1 night at the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird for $36. Would have preferred AS, but knew what I was getting into and have no problem with this resort for 1 night.

HTH someone else!!! :teeth:

Well, I got brave and won the All Stars of 6/1. What night were you trying for? (I just needed one night prior to a stay at AKL)

CarolA said:
Well, I got brave and won the All Stars of 6/1. What night were you trying for? (I just needed one night prior to a stay at AKL)
I tried for May 12 and have the Nikki, but still have Pop on May 13!!!

Thanks for the info. My second "bid possibility" is May 15. That may not be a good sign. I just checked Expedia and at least one of the All Stars is showing not available for that weekend in May... that could be the issue.

I would think it would have to say Disney's All Stars Sports....

if it doesn't say Disney - then it might be another hotel with the same name.

remember there are several Polynesian....

It says Disney. It has the Disney address... when you click on the "see hotel website link" you get the WDW All Star website.
No doubt here.

I really doubt that a new All Star Sports and All star Music opened up in the last two days. If there weretwo other hotels with the name people would have heard of them. Plus when you get a winning bid they give you the address.

spiceycat said:
thank you....

It is Disney - it says so!!!!

I got one too - so thanks!!!!

Congrats!
The All Star resorts are my fav Disney Resort and I have stayed at all levels of Disney's resorts.
You got a super deal!

Enjoy.
Have fun at Disney!

Just took the plunge and tried for 5/3 and got All Star Sports! I extended my stay for one night and that was accepted too!! I'm paying for two nights thru Priceline what I was paying for one night w/AAA thru Disney! Very excited right now. :cool1:

This is my first time using Priceline - when checking in, do you just give your name and your ressies are all set with Disney??

Okay I'm confused, where do I go to put a bid in? I couldn't find anything on Priceline.com, is it the name your own price thing?

wow - I would love to try it out but am too chicken!! I would want 5/16-5/21......would only be around $200!!

so if I try for one night and win - will I be able to extend for the length of stay you think? I think I am willing to part with $36 and change if I don't get it.....what do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter