All-Star Resort's love them or hate them?

Do you like the All-Star Resort's?

• Yes

Votes: 136 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 28.4%

• Total voters
We've run into them on numerous trips. Nightmare!
What makes them a nightmare? (Since apparently we may be encountering them. ) I'm assuming longer lines at food courts & busier pools?
Sounds like we will be there at that time. On the other hand maybe my 15 year old son will like the view. lol. JK

What makes them a nightmare? (Since apparently we may be encountering them. ) I'm assuming longer lines at food courts & busier pools?
Sounds like we will be there at that time. On the other hand maybe my 15 year old son will like the view. lol. JK
Oh he'll love be the view!!

One or two is in line in front of you, then BOOM 100 of their friends all line cut to join them!

Clapping. Oh the clapping.....and chanting.....

No personal space. I know it's Disney and there's not much of it, but different cultures....I don't think they've ever heard of it!

They don't move. At. All. If there's a group of them coming at you, you need to side step. They'll just walk through you.

I've stayed in value, moderate and deluxe resorts, and honestly, I chose a resort purely based on what I'm looking for, and that way, the resort never disappoints me.

By which I mean, if we are planning a vacation where we are going to do relatively few parks,l and instead plan a lot of relaxation, pool time etc, then we will shell out more on the hotel because we will be there more.

If however we are planning a full on 'park every day all.day' vacation, then a value resort is fine as in those cases, all you really want is a bed. So in those cases, an All Star is absolutely fine.

Of course some might say that in those. circumstances , why bother staying on property at all? The simple answer is transport. As a non driver, the free transport is invaluable

No king beds at SPORTS ?
Please tell me it is not true
Can we get a normal bathroom ?

Thank you - we will pay for preferred at Sports and ask for a King bed normal bathroom

When is this most likely to occur in July? LOL We usually visit in winter, but will be staying at POP next month.
ETA I see the date on the pic is mid-july. Hhmm.
ALL of July-it is their Winter Break.:)

I suggest you start brushing up on your Spanish and Portuguese!lol:)

I go to WDW every July and we actually enjoy talking to them on the buses,etc.-most Guests don't talk to them at all.

They can be loud,etc.,but most of them are really nice young people-a lot of it is cultural differences.

My husband and I have stayed at All Star Movies and Music many times when we have traveled to WDW. The first time was my first time at WDW in 2012 which the rooms were not too bad, but in the end it was a place to sleep and come back after a long day of being at the parks. The second time when we got married we stayed the last week at All Star Movies, which we had gotten excellence service the entire week as well. We were on the lower level, and easy walk to the pool. The third time was staying in a suite which was nice and spacious, and very roomy. Overall my husband and i have had good experience at All Star Resorts.

Once you stay at a deluxe, you'll never go back ;)
No true for all. My last Deluxe stay was in 2014 and it very well could be my last. Price increases, IMHO, have officially put the Deluxe resorts firmly into the " so, not worth it" category as far as I'm concerned. They're nice but not that nice, especially considering how little time I spend at the resort.

Then, again, I'm usually solo and the perks most important to me (DME, 60 day FP and 180+10 ADRs) are exactly the same at the $100/night price point as they are at $300 +/night. There may be a minor trade off in transportation (and that only with a few resort/parks routes) but it's not enough to sway me. DH refuses, in no uncertain terms, to stay in a Value but we usually camp at Ft Wilderness if he's along.

Last edited:
I was surprised how much I liked ASMo for our last visit. I got that AP deal for $49 for a few random days in May between two cheerleading/dance competitions. Our rooms was clean and met our needs, the buses were empty and quick (the resort was empty!), and the food court was sufficient. We spent an afternoon and the quiet pool and it was really nice. I walked around and thought my kids would have really enjoyed the resort. It is a bit longer on the bus to the parks than most places and if the bus was packed, I might have a slightly different opinion.

I think as long as you go into any resort choice with the right expectations, you can have a great trip.

Once you stay at a deluxe, you'll never go back ;)

Totally disagree. It all depends on your plans and expectation for the vacation in question. In Chronological order for the last 7 or so years, ive stayed at the AK lodge, All Star Music, Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando (shock horror, off property!), Contemporary, Carribean Beach, and the Rosen Inn again.

We are staying at All Star Music this month. It was a last minute trip planned(made reservations on May 8th) with discount code. We are pretty excited. We have stayed at POP two times. We have stayed at CBR multiple times(and sometimes CBR guests would give negative reviews about that resort and we always enjoyed our stay) I am hoping the same goes with All Star Music. If cast members are nice and room is clean we are usually happy. We spend most of our time at the parks and pass out by time we reach the resort at night. We are use to the hit and miss of bus transportation at all the resorts.

Those were The 15s-South American girls(LARGE numbers from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Chile,Paraguay,Venezuela,etc.)who come to Walt Disney World to celebrate their Fifteenth Birthday.

It is a HUGE thing for them-they save and look forward to it for years.

The "main" months are July(Winter Break) and January/February(Summer Break-mainly Argentina in February).:)

They also stay at POP and all of the Moderates at times also.

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

To be a fair PSA this post needs audio. :laughing:

I've stayed at all the All Stars multiple times, Pop, Poly, Beach, Boardwalk, Port, etc... and one of my fav's is Pop. If someone asked me which value to stay at, I'd say Pop all the way. My recommend for the All Stars will go up after a serious hard reno of any of them. The rooms are very worn right now (that doesn't mean dirty though), and yes, if you catch it wrong and there is a group being transported on Magic Express at the same time as you it can turn into a nightmare, which All Star and the ME driver did not handle well. I haven't been back to stay since, but if prices increase much more and there's a reno, I'll definitely consider it.

Call me crazy but after watching numerous Youtube videos and "documentaries" about the Legendary Hotels, I just shudder at thinking about staying in those values. They were partially built and left to rot in the Florida sun for YEARS until Disney finally realized they needed to either bulldoze and backfill, or finish the stupid hotels! And by that time, it was really easy to rip out any theming that didn't fit and just finish the whole project on like a Motel 6 budget.

So now you have these massive concrete boxes with paper-thin walls that already needed refurbishment by the time they opened. Aside from "the price" I don't hear much good about them. At least nothing to suggest that one would lounge and relax using your resort. Meanwhile if you stay at a moderate or a deluxe, I hear lots about the great food, the pools, the entertainment... at the value price with little amenities, I hardly see the point in staying on-site ; other off-site places are much more appealing to me. But then you have access to FP and ADR... so I'm not sure that losing those opportunities justifies staying off-site. It just is really hard for me to think about that lower Value price and not compare it to a Mom and Pop Motel, amenities-wise, which immediately makes the price too much for me!

POFQ is small and I think I like only hearing and encountering other guests when I go to the pool or the food court. I certainly have heard more than one story from Value guests that you can hear your neighbors!

And if I wanted to stay in a giant concrete condo situation, that's what AirBnB is for. I want a nice relaxing resort that has nothing to do with 3 cm industrial carpet, if you catch my meaning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!