• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All-Star Resort's love them or hate them?

Do you like the All-Star Resort's?

• Yes

Votes: 136 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 28.4%

• Total voters

MinecraftDisney

Earning My Ears
Since the All-Star Resorts arguably are some of the worst resorts on property, I wanted to know how people feel.

I like them, I mean I know they are value resorts so I guess that makes them "arguably some of the worst resorts on property" but I don't see them that way. I like the affordability and the theming. I like Movies the best but it isn't usually available for deals so we went with Music.

Love them for value and security. All the amenities of the more $ resorts including Magical Express, bus transpo to parks & extra-magic hours. Can't be beat esp for single guests who don't want to deal with car rentals & parking hassles for off property rentals & hotels.

Following this thread. I started with Deluxe, then moderate and have now booked all star movies for the first time. A little nervous based on some of the reviews,

We stayed at All Star Movies and absolutely loved it! What I appreciate about the value resorts, besides the prices, is the theming. I feel like I'm at Disney World when I'm there. Not so much with some of the other resorts.

It fills my need when I am on vacation. When I am at WDW, I only use the hotel to sleep, watch a little bit of tv at night, and get ready in the morning. The rest of the time is spent at the parks. It still has the amenities the other Disney resorts have like Disney Magical Express, WDW Transportation to/from the parks, EMH, Cafeteria etc. If people hate the All Star Resorts, then why do people like Pop Century. The rooms are almost a carbon copy of each other, only that there is a different theme and Pop Century is generally a higher price.

We had several fun trips in the All Stars. (Sports and Movies) Kids think the decor is fun, and I enjoyed having a place with the Disney amenities. We stayed there before and after POP opened. It always seemed like POP had longer bus lines at theme parks.

I won't miss the full beds (but that's any value) but I I have happy memories of the rest of the experience.

Keeping an eye on this thread.

I have my first Value stay in September.

I am pretty excited about the theme of the resorts.

I would love the All Stars if it weren't for the double beds. Last time I stayed there was in a king bed and I really enjoyed it. But with a wife (who loves to spread out and leave me with a 1/4 of a bed) and 2 kids, I doubt we will be staying at the All Stars again.

Now, if they somehow updated their rooms to queen beds, we wouldn't hesitate to book there for a second. We could also probably squeak in an extra Disney trip a year!

I adore the All-Stars, and this is coming from someone who always stayed Deluxe at the Polynesian. I don't regret changing to Value at all. I love the campiness, the food court, the gift shop, all of it. I love the rooms even though they're small, and we really enjoy the sinks outside of the bathroom. Makes it much easier to get ready in the morning. I don't mind bussing it everywhere, either.

Truth be told, if not for the All-Stars, I very much doubt I'd be able to afford to stay on property at all nowadays. I'm on a very fixed income, and these resorts are a dream come true.

- I don't think I love them.
- I have always loved POP.
- I like Sports and always had great visits.
- I like Movies but knowing it attracts lots of kids I don't pick it.
- I hate Music and I will stay offsite before staying there.

SO .... didn't vote.

Last edited:

May I ask why? I'm staying at that particular All-Star in December. I had to switch from Movies to get Free Dining and a six hundred dollar discount.

For me, they beat staying off-site but I can't imagine any scenario now where I wouldn't just pay the little bit extra for POP

The All Star's meet our basic needs sufficiently. I'm not a fan of the theming at Sports but enjoy the others. We spend most of our time in the parks or Disney Springs so I don't feel it is necessary to spend big bucks on a room just to sleep in. Now, if Disney fast pass was set up like UO Express Pass I would fork out the money to stay at a higher end resort. Our favorite All Star is Music, mainly because I enjoy the roses. Otherwise rooms and service are all pretty much the same.

I've stayed at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Pop, All Star Movies, and just a couple of weeks ago at All Star Music. Were the Poly and GF nicer--heck yeah! Do I have money to spend on that all the time--no way! I think the All Stars are just fine and actually have a lot of nice things unless you're the kind of person who has the extra money to spend. Our All Star Room was super clean, the beds were comfy, and we were at Disney--that's all I need.

- I have always loved POP.
- I like Sports and always had great visits.
- I like Movies but knowing it attracts lots of kids I don't pick it.

SO .... didn't vote.

What makes you hate music?

What makes you hate music?

May I ask why? I'm staying at that particular All-Star in December. I had to switch from Movies to get Free Dining and a six hundred dollar discount.

- The layout is like no other resort with many of the standard rooms a long way back from the food court/buses.
- It is a value but minimally Disney decor and feels very "motel 6" cheesy.
- It's a very very dark resort at night, and it makes me uncomfortable.
- I'm a city girl, and often returning to hotels at 2 am or so without issue ..
.... but here I ended up driving to avoid the dark walk.
- There is a reason the resort often has lower prices than others and always has rooms open.

The above are constants but I also had, this can vary trip to trip, to tarnish my trips.
- Once after a complete refurb a bed with a big dip, pulled sheets and saw mattresses many years old.
- Once had POLICE, not security, called to my building down the hall twice for adult problems.
- Horrible food court experiences (this was years ago and before refurb).
- Room in Broadway by parking had lots of 18 wheel trucks etc parked by room making me uncomfortable.

Now I want you to have the best trip you can have since $600 and FD is nothing to sneeze at ...
- Are you preferred? That would help. You'll be closer to main hub.

- If Standard and no theme preference ...
- I would likely ask only for "Close to Transportation".
- I have done that at Sports and they upgraded me to Preferred Surfs up and at POP upgraded to Preferred Pool View.

- If Standard and you want to pick theme ...
- I would pick theme and close to transportation as your online requests.
- I would first pick Rock & Roll, some rooms only feet from Preferred, some are the same distance walk to Sports (and if buses share you'll be first on/off there, and it's a funky American Graffitti decor.
- I would pick Broadway second, as some rooms only feet from Preferred
- I would not pick Country, they can be way back, isolated and I felt like it looks abandoned, and if driving Country is far away from any parking lots. You'd have to haul your stuff a long way.

I've stayed in every resort category at Disney and I still truly enjoy the All-Stars! I've done Music and we're trying out Sports in August. I have to say that I find the All-Stars theming a little too cheesy, but the price and the amenities (park buses, Magical Express, EMH) beat staying off property any day - hands down. We're only doing 5 nights and 4 days are park days, so Sports gives us the most bang for our buck.

Since the All-Star Resorts arguably are some of the worst resorts on property, I wanted to know how people feel.

My only real "negative" is the cafeteria thing. I don't generally eat a lot of quick service. So, it's kind of a hassle to go to another resort, and I would not do values if I was traveling with extended family because in that scenario, I'd be all about the convenience of having a great restaurant and bar on the premises. I also prefer a queen sized bed, but that not a deal breaker.

But I wouldn't say "worst". There really isn't a "worst" onsite property in my book. Just a difference in amenities and location and atmosphere. I wouldn't pay any amount for the Contemporary, because I don't get the attraction. And maybe Sports falls into that category too. But that's due to theme not because I think either are awful hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter