All-Star Resort's love them or hate them?

Do you like the All-Star Resort's?

• Yes

Votes: 136 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 28.4%

• Total voters
Had the worst stay we ever had at Pop. We decided then that if the only we can go is to stay at a value then we would rather skip the trip. It might have been a fluke, but it was so bad that we have never gambled it again.

Had the worst stay we ever had at Pop. We decided then that if the only we can go is to stay at a value then we would rather skip the trip. It might have been a fluke, but it was so bad that we have never gambled it again.

Care to share what went so wrong?

We recently stayed at All Star Music and it was only our second time in a value resort. They upgraded us from a standard room to a preferred room but it was a handicap accessible room and you could definitely see the wear in the carpet and the walls. The hanging shower handle was so low that it didn't work well for us (didn't need the accessible room). The food court at All Star Music didn't impress us much. There weren't many options. Our room in Jazz was close to All Star Sports so we walked over to their food court and we found that their food court was better. One day, we took the bus back to All Star Movies so we could have a look around. Even though we aren't sports fans, I would definitely choose Sports if I were going to book at an All Star resort again. Having said all of that, we did ask if there was any availability at another value resort since Music wasn't for us and they were able to move us to Art of Animation which was a lot better.

Care to share what went so wrong?
A lot of it is stuff that ppl have already mentioned about values & I know some don’t mind, but we hated it. Bus transportation was horrific going to & from the parks every day. It was loud day & night. We could hear our neighbors every morning. They were up very early every day shouting. Then at night we could hear anyone coming back late. We were by the pool on the first floor & asked to be moved, but they were booked so we were stuck. So there was all the noise associated with that every day. We are the type to tour all day non stop so rest is very important to us, but we couldn’t get any with the constant noise. We even tried to switch resorts mid trip, but most things were booked. Like I said in my pp, it may have all been a fluke, but we never took a chance again.

I actually PREFER the value resorts to the other ones. I think the bus transportation we've had at Pop and All Star Sports has been BETTER than the bus service we had at Boardwalk and AKL, and I don't think the Deluxe resorts are worth the extra money for my family...we don't use the pool, we don't like to eat table service at the resort, and we like the theming at the values. And we heard more noise from the surrounding rooms at Boardwalk than we ever have heard at the values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter