All at Sea!

mickg7dyd

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Saturday 4th May:
Checked in at the DCL desk at the Swan Hotel about 11am left our bags and boarded the coach to Port Canaveral.As is often the case we had a very entertaining driver and the journey was over in no time.Got the port 1pm and headed for the check-in.Good news/bad news.The check-in desk for non US citzens was almost empty and they checked our paperwork and retained our passports and issued our Key to the Word cards.then the bad news huge queue for the boarding/security.Turned out it looked worse than it was and we got on board about half an hour later.
After the usual photos etc we headed for the room (Cat 6 with verandah)and everthing was good.Went to Topsiders for a buffet lunch and then did a quick recky of the ship.
Back to the room for departure at 5:30 (half hour late due to works after the recent fire onboard)and we stood out on the verandah to wave to all the small boaters and the people outside the many bars and restaurants,great atmosphere.
Our luggage didn't arrive until about 5:45 so we had to quickly change to make our 6pm reservation at Lumieres.Great food and great service.After dinner we had another look round the ship and then to bed!
Tune in again me'eartys for more thrilling stuff!!

Mick + The Dragon.

:bounce:

we headed for the room (Cat 6 with verandah)and everthing was good.
Details, we want details! ;)

Come on, spill the beans - what does a Cat 6 get you (as well as a verandah)??

Hi Hilary,
Cat 6 rooms have a narrow walkway as you enter the room with a toilet/wash basin and a separate bath/shower/basin on the left.On the right is a double built in wardrobe with a cool light that comes on when you slide the doors open.Also inside is a fair sized safe which you open and close with your room key.Next on the left is a queen size bed with a cupboard and drawers opposite.Then there is a seperate seating area which can be "curtained" off if required,I assume the sofa is also a pull out bed too_Opposite the sofa are more drawers and a small fidge and tv.Loads of mirrors everywhere.Then at the end of the room is the sliding door out on to the verandah which has a couple of chairs and a small table.Rooms are very comfortable and the houskeeper is a star,room is spotless after he has been am then he calls back pm to turn down the sheets and leave a couple of chocolates on the pillows and also leaves clean towels on the bed folded to look like animals.Last night it was a lobster wearing my sunglasses,tonight it was monkey hanging from a coat hanger!!!!
Tommorow we are at Castaway Cay so looking forward to some more relaxation.

Mick and The Dragon.

:bounce:

Thanks for the extra information! :D

Cat 6 sounds pretty fantastic in my book! Hope the animal towels continue to make an appearance.

Wow is all I can say. Sounds luxurious. Not at all envious you understand!! Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter