Alfredos Closing?

Pizza as we know it, New York and Chicago (yummy) isn't actually an Italian creation anyway, so it's not just that we make better pizza, it's that we're the only ones that make it at all.

Putting a Pizza Joint in the Italy pavilion would be offensive. So AV, the World hates us, because you and McBride claim that Pizzia is Italian in the first place.

Pizza as we know it, New York and Chicago (yummy) isn't actually an Italian creation anyway, so it's not just that we make better pizza, it's that we're the only ones that make it at all.

Putting a Pizza Joint in the Italy pavilion would be offensive. So AV, the World hates us, because you and McBride claim that Pizzia is Italian in the first place.

Sounds pretty close....

The Pizza began simply as a garnished flat bread sold by roaming vendors to the poor in the streets of 18th century Naples. Probably the biggest step wards its present-day persona was the acceptance of the tomato by the Neapolitans, and the subsequent use of its flesh as pizza topping.

This happy culinary partnership was endorsed, so the story goes, in 1889 when queen Margherita was
accompanying her Husband, Umberto I of Savoia on an inspection of his Italian Kingdom. During her trips around the kingdom she saw many peasants and poor people eating a flat bread which they called "Pizza".The curious queen summoned her guards and asked them to bring her a piece of this flat bread. The queen liked what she ate and would eat this flat bread every time she went out of her palace.

The queen was extremely popular with the masses and had developed a great liking for their Pizza. This taste was considered somewhat undesirable in court circles. One day in June, on the queens insistence Raffaele Esposito was summoned from his pizzeria to the palace to bake a selection of Pizzas for the queen.

Raffaele in order to honour the queens desire for his
pizzas baked a special pizza with tomato, Mozzarella, cheese and basil (the colours of the Italian flag - red/white/green). The pizza was a great hit with the queen and Esposito was summoned often to bake this pizza. When the news got out that the queens favourite was topped with tomato, mozzarella & basil, she not only became an even greater hit with the public, but also started a trend for the Pizza Margherita that has lasted in Naples and around the world to this day.

http://www.chefexpress.com/history.htm

I stand corrected.

I hate standing corrected, makes my feet hurt.

I stand corrected.

I hate standing corrected, makes my feet hurt.

I'd always heard that it got big in America in the late 40's after all the soliders comming back from Europe had gotten a taste while over there for the war.

I'm sad about this. We always make a point of eating there. We even had lunch there right before my fiance proposed.

IMHO people better get use to it. I would not be surprised to see Chef's and Mexicos restaurant be departing if their lease is up as well.

And we wonder why the world hates us...

I don't know if you have ever been to Italy but american pizza blows it out of the water. The only good pizza that I have had in this country (I have never been to Cali) has been in the northeast especially NYC.

People who don't like Chicago style pizza should be herded up and....
Well, they should be neutralized, let's put it that way.

I wouldn't expect a guy from jeresy to understand.

Of course, I don't expect much from the Garden state, so that's not saying anything ;)

We're going back to Italy in a couple of weeks for a nice vacation. Margherita pizza is one of my favorites! Honestly you can not compare NY or Chicago style pizza to the offerings in Italy. Totaly different. Just like trying to compare a shrimp and lobster sauce at any Chinese joint in America to a "lobster" sauce dish in Hong Kong. Being that I was born in NYC but also spent 7 years in the Chicago area, I love both styles and they are different enough that I don't have to make a choice of which is "better". All I know is that there are almost no pizza joints in South FL that can be called good.

People who don't like Chicago style pizza should be herded up and....
Well, they should be neutralized, let's put it that way.

I wouldn't expect a guy from jeresy to understand.

Of course, I don't expect much from the Garden state, so that's not saying anything ;)

alright..alright. I forgot about Chicago style thats good too. NYC is still better. But both blow Italy out of the water

We're going back to Italy in a couple of weeks for a nice vacation. Margherita pizza is one of my favorites! Honestly you can not compare NY or Chicago style pizza to the offerings in Italy.

ITA - Pizza in Italy and pizza anywhere else are completely different animals. Going to Italy ruined me on pizza. I came home and NOTHING came close. Ours is so greasy and loaded - the Italians have figured out that simplicity is best. Simple, fresh ingredients - can't beat it. I'd love to see them bring in a real pizzeria - you'd have to drag me away.

From what I heard from a CM Olive Garden might be a sponsor for the new Italian restaurant.

If Olive Garden goes in I give up! Yellowstone here we come!!

There are whispers about many Disney restaurants going over to a "strategic partner" - in fact outsourcing a lot of WDW's food operations. Landry (owners of the Rainforest Cafe, Chathouse and many other chains) already operates many restaurants for Disney. The Patina Group (owners so high end restarants in New York, Los Angeles and San Fransico) operates the restaurants in Disneyland's Downtown Disney. There are occansional rumors about Darden - who own the Red Lobster (and yes), The Olive Garden.

I don't care if it is Olive Garden food, theme, or hospitality, but if they EVEN think of using the name "Olive Garden" I'll never eat there again. I can go to Olive Garden any night why spend hundreds of dollars to eat there

I agree. I don't care if Olive Garden plays a part in it. I know that Disney works a lot with sponsering/partnering. Epcot has worked this way for a very long time. However, I have Olive Garden here and can get soup salad and breadsticks for 5.99. Why would I pay 29.99 for the same thing at Disney. As long as the name and menu are unique to Disney then I'll try it.

The way Disney handles "themeing" these days we'll get one of those combination Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Huts in the Alfredo's location.

I can hear the plants now - "but pizza's Italian! You just hate Disney!"

Yay! With that combo, they will have to add Pepsi! Well, to DW and I, that would be a plus........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter