Alaska Independent Tour Operators and Excursions

Is that savings inclusive of taxes? I’ve heard that you seem to save that much until taxes is added on, where it’s already added in the DCL quote. This is the one excursion I’m tempted to book through DCL in case we can’t get back to the ship in time (I know that’s rare but since it’s the first real port it makes me a bit nervous). But if we could save $800 booking independently I might roll the dice!

Yes, it was total price. The price for 3 of us via PA was $2,160 and via AIE I paid a total of $1,587 (savings of $573 or $191 pp). There is only one helo operator in Skagway (TEMSCO) so all companies including Disney use them so I'm not too worried about not getting back. We also booked at 11:15 a.m. so barring some extremely rare natural event, we should be ok. Fingers crossed! :)

Rumrummers whale watching tour in Juneau was great last summer. Tour guides were very friendly and engaging with my two teens.
Their dog comes on some of the trips which made for an extra fun trip for my dog-loving son.

We haven't cruised yet, but did a lot of research and here is what we've booked independently for our June 2018 Alaska cruise:

• Skagway: Skagway Float Tour (river float) / Jewell Gardens glassblowing experience
  • Juneau: Will bus or taxi to Mendenhall Glacier independently, have lunch at Tracy's King Crab Shack, then ride Roberts Tramway
  • Ketchikan: Island Wings' Misty Fjords flightseeing tour
I am heading to Alaska in June as well! Researching excursions now. This was a last minute decision to book. We missed our last cruise in September due to the hurricane. :( Big weather change from Caribbean to Alaska. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter