Alaska cruise

tpowell

Earning My Ears
Has anyone did this cruise? My son is 10. What is the best age to go on that cruise?

we just came back on June 3 from Alaska.. our son turned 10 on the cruise.. he had a blast. He spent most of his time on the sport deck... he saw more wildlife than we did. :)

There is a lot of information on the boards about the Alaska cruise. I would say that 10 is a perfect age to enjoy an Alaskan cruise with DCL. I recommend checking out some of the trip reports. We are going next summer and can hardly wait.

We are on the 6/17 sailing :-)cool1:) and our DS is 9.5 and he is just as excited as we are. He loves nature, traveling, trying new things, etc so I know he appreciates it too.

I'm sure your 10 year old would love it too!!

Heather

we went the inaugural year and sons were 4 and 7. they really enjoyed spending time with the on board naturalist and rangers. there was a wide variety of aged kids in the group. they would alternate going up stairs to view the wild life to going back to the lab to work on projects (they got these activity books and jr. ranger books) in addition to crafts. if they completed the jr. ranger book, they got a badge. my boys got distracted when they went back to the kids club so it would probably be perfect for a 10 yr old.

i cannot recommend this cruise enough to everyone with any aged kids or without kids. it's been an all time favorite of everyone in our party!

We haven't sailed Disney to Alaska but we are doing our 3rd Princess this Saturday. My kids are currently 12 and 15 and Alaska is their favorite. They don't care for hot weather and beaches (we live in Seattle ;) ) so they choose to go to Alaska. 10 is a great age for cruising so I would check it out for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter