AKL vs CSR

TinkB278

DIS Veteran
Hi!

We are planning a baby moon to Disney in March/April. Normally we stay at AKL but we’re a little late booking so availability is pretty limited over the dates we are looking at. We can either do one full week at CSR with the dining plan or would have to do a split stay with the first two nights at CSR but then could do the last five days at AKL (with the dining plan for the last five days). Staying at CSR for the full week with the dining plan would save about $350 and the inconvenience of moving hotels but I’m worried I’ll be disappointed since we’ve never stayed at CSR and AKL is typically our favorite. Then again, I know the rooms have been recently renovated so maybe we’d really like staying there.

I was wondering if anyone might have any advice or insight?

You've laid out the issues pretty clearly and only you can make that decision. I think it comes down to the cost.

I am for the money savings, not having to move and trying new resorts so I say CSR. I've stayed at AKL before and like it but I have CSR and a few others on my radar since they've had some upgrades. I know a good portion of CSR will still be under construction with the lake area and the tower nearby but all in all, I would give it a whirl. If you haven't seen any of CSR since construction, Tim Tracker has a few youtube videos on Coronado that might be helpful in your decision making process. Good luck!

We've stayed at both and enjoy both. We love CSR and I'd recommend it to anyone, but since you're already hesitant about it, I will warn that construction there is still in full swing with the tower and lagoon restaurant in progress. Both are expected to open this summer so they'll be in the thick of it still come March/April. We stayed there in October and while it was not bothersome, it was unsightly. Didn't impede our stay at all though.

The other thing I'd say about CSR is that I'd really recommend booking a preferred room, especially now with the ongoing construction. It will guarantee you a room in Casitas 1,2, or 3 which is the other side of the construction and close to El Centro which is the main building. Its also close to Bus Stop 2 which is the first pickup and first drop off for the parks. If there is preferred availability still and you re-run the numbers, the savings may not be as significant since its an up-charge.

Compared to AKL, we prefer the food court, pool, and location of CSR. CSR is more centrally located making for faster bus rides to the parks and Disney Springs. The food court has a larger variety of options and seemed less busy. The pool also seemed less busy and is a pretty, unique theme. We also preferred the more tropical vibe with the lighter color palette at CSR, compared to the dark corridors and wood at AKL.

Thank you all so much for your help! Sounds like Coronado might be the way to go! The only issue is the week the cheaper rooms are available at CSR, it’s looking to be a busier week. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Caribbean beach since the updates? My husband didn’t like this hotel in the past but maybe he’d enjoy it more now? I’m curious to how CBR and CSR compare now with all the updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!