Akershus or CRT.

cgbsilver@hotmail.co

MAN OF MEANS BY NO MEANS THAT LITTLE OLD WINE DRI
DVC Gold
I have done CRT before, when the price was more reasonable or it was only one table service credit. I have ADR for both, but I am finding it hard to rationalize doing CRT at this years rate when we can probably have the same awesome time at Akershus.

Am I missing something? will the girls 7 and 3 be dissapointed with the Epcot Princess breakfast? Should we do both?

Help ...A concerned father.

I haven't done CRT in a long time, and have never been to the Princess thing at Akershus. It's supposedto have great reviews though.

I wasn't able to get ADR's for CRT so I can't really compare the 2 but I will give my opinion on the Epcot experience.

I did the lunch with my 3.5 yr old dd. The interaction with the princesses was good. We saw Areil (without fins) in the entry. At the tables Cinderella, Belle (in blue), Alice, and Jasmine stopped at our table.

The food had a lot to be desired. I didn't really eat all that much and my dd ate practically nothing so in that sense it was too expensive! We paid for the table visits from the princesses basically.

The only other character dinner we've done is the Cinderella dinner at the GF (twice). Now that was well worth the money. The food was very good and the character interaction was also good.

In the future I will try to get the CRT over the Epcot experience. I don't think I would do the Epcot again. Now breakfast may be bettter, possibly more regular menu items?

HTH!

Shelley :wave:

We did the Epcot princess dinner, and my 31/2 y/o dd LOVED it! My kids eat fish and are a little adventurous with food so that was fine also. She met Ariel, Cindy, Belle, Jasmine, Aurora.
My husband and I just ate at the castle for dinner a couple of weks ago, I do not know if its the same characters as breakfast. We met Cindy(my hubby thinks she is hot for him) The Fairy Godmother comes in and entertains the crowd it was cute. Like I said I don't know if it's the same but of the 2 the Norway dinner was better!
Of course this is all just my own feelings, I know next time we go we will do the Norway again, and try the dinner at GF.

My family loved the Princess meal @ Askerhus. I'm the finicky one and loved everything.
All of the princesses spent lots of time @ every table. In fact,we're going again on our next trip which starts in 2 days!!!!

We have done both for breakfast. We prefer the food at Akershus. As I remember both are served family style. My DD really wanted to see Pricsess Aurora and she doesn't do CRT. Have fun!

I haven't done CRT, but I took my dd4 to PSB and she loved it. The atmosphere was nice, and the family style breakfast was good. When we came in, Belle (in her ballgown) was greeting guests individually and a photographer was taking pictures. Once we were seated, Snow White, Aurora, Jasmine and Mulan came around to the tables. My daughter loved it, and we purchased a photo package of her picture with Belle because it was so cute.

Psychodisney said:
We have done both for breakfast. We prefer the food at Akershus. As I remember both are served family style. My DD really wanted to see Pricsess Aurora and she doesn't do CRT. Have fun!

We have done both and I prefer the food, waitstaff and atmospher at CRT much better. We just came back last week and Princess Aurora, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother were all at CRT. My daughter loves Princess Aurora so we were pleasantly surprised that she was at CRT. The only thing i liked better about Akershus was the price and that there were more princesses such as Mulan, belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmin. Mary Poppins was there too. I don't think that either one guarantees a specific princess though so you have to take your chances.

I was unable to get the CRT Breakfast so we booked an ADR for Dinner and then added a Lunch ADR at Norway to see the princesses.

I almost cancelled CRT but was so glad we kept it as my DD4 wanted to go inside the castle from the minute we saw it... and I bet she would want to go again next time. During the CRT dinner we were able to have a rare private audience with Cinderella and Pictures and then upstairs for dinner with the Fairy God Mother and the Mice. I thought the food was OK but the service was great. We saved our TS credits for this meal and I thought the experience was worth it. Being in the Castle is just great but I would't repeat unless my daughter insisted or I could get the breakfast ADR.

We loved the Princess Lunch at Norway. The atmosphere and service was great. We all liked the food and ordered the Chicken, Pasta & Vegetables Dish and enjoyed the salads on the cold Bar. The best part was the Princesses of course! My DD4 was so excited and we had great interaction with Jasmine, Belle, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel was in the lobby. The only princess we missed was Snow White so we walked over to Germany after lunch to meet her. I would highly recommend the Norway Princess experience... we had nothing but joy for this event. I would do this again in a heart beat if my little girl is still in princess mode for the next trip.

I wouldn't feel guilty if you can't do both. We have done both and like both but we love CRT. Love being in the castle. But, the breakfast at Akershus is very magical too and there are a ton of princesses there too. I don't know if you would like the menu at lunch or dinner, if not, do breakfast....you're safe with that. Also, if you have Cinderella fans...you could consider the dinner at the Grand Floridian...it has Cinderella, Prince Charming, & the mice & I think we had the Fairy Godmother too. Very beatiful inside. Good luck deciding...whichever you choose will be great.

I actually haven't been to any of these yet. Well, I was at the resteraunt in the castle back when it was "King Stefan's." Obviously CRT has the whole "eating in the castle" thing going for it, but I heard really good things about 1900 Park Fare and since Cindy is my daughter's favorite princess we opted to make ADRs there for our next trip. People reading this thread might look into that as an alternative to both of the other princess options.

We're doing Akershus on this trip for a couple of reasons. One, I'm curious to try Norwegian food (yeah, I'm weird that way). And also, more importantly, DD is only 4, and I think that spending SO much on CRT is crazy when she won't remember her time there in a couple of years. I figure, if we're going to spend the big bucks, I'm waiting until she'll remember it when she's older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter