• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Oh man. I didn't understand. I swear the heat's making me thick these past few days. I kept checking my LoadnGo, which has no threshold spending offer. Until I saw your post (9:30 PM EST), I didn't realize I needed to look in the AirMiles APP and "load" it. Hmm... tricky. Is that how the LoadnGo is working these days? Or was this the first time?

Too bad I didn't check this thread again earlier tonight (wry grin). Store's closed. Oh well, next time! Thanks for explaining it to me. Congrats those who got 200+ miles!!

You have NO idea what it was like for me to see your little green triangle disappear just as I hit the post reply button... i kept checking all evening hoping you'd see it!

So this was NOT really a loadngo offer, rather a push notification from the app. These things annoy me because I don't have room on my phone for it and hubby refuses because it's a battery drain and insists on having location turned on. I only knew about it because it was being discussed here sooo i deleted an app to make room to load the AM one, pulled up the offer, took a screenshot, deleted it again and reloaded the one i need on days I'm in Toronto. A royal pia!!!!

I think what's happening is either AM or Rexall is tracking which methods of communications are reaching customers. Ever notice signs for Dominos pizza around with codes that will give you 50% off your order? There will be several different ones, signs different colours and e-mails as well that they use testing what draws people to order.

Gotta say once more, I love this community, so much help offered with no petty quarrels!!!

SO! Both of the Rexall coupons posted to my account - BUUUUUT - the cashier messed up the transaction and selected 'cash' payment instead of 'visa'. She had to void the original transaction, and redid it, using the 'visa' option for payment. Looking at my air miles account, I received 404 air miles (should have been 202) - the transaction was voided but not the air miles! Not sure if they'll correct it, but 404 for $52.14 is a nice little return...

SO! Both of the Rexall coupons posted to my account - BUUUUUT - the cashier messed up the transaction and selected 'cash' payment instead of 'visa'. She had to void the original transaction, and redid it, using the 'visa' option for payment. Looking at my air miles account, I received 404 air miles (should have been 202) - the transaction was voided but not the air miles! Not sure if they'll correct it, but 404 for $52.14 is a nice little return...

I've done immediate returns before and my AMs didn't get returned. It is a sweet bonus.

Anyone get the BMO MC 3 cents off exclusive Shell offer? I received an email June 29. I've filled up three times, twice I received 7 cents off (GTA 4 cents off plus BMO 3 cents off), other time I received 4 am (base plus 3 am bonus) but didn't get the BMO 3 cents off I was expecting. Haven't been able to find a list of participating gas stations.

I'll likely use this all summer, last night's fill-up at $1.224 :)

upload_2018-7-6_9-50-9.png

Our Rexall LGO for this week are 25am/$25, 50am/$25 and 40am/$40. Nice to see they are continuing to offer them for the week, not just the two days we were getting in the winter. Might use one this weekend with the $10 coupon deal when you spend $30.

I have a 60 AM/$60 Load n Go. I may spend $60 on facial cream to get 160 AM and the $10 coupon for next week. The Rexall I went yesterday had the cream I wanted to buy but it’s not on sale. I am going to try another Rexall this weekend.

You have NO idea what it was like for me to see your little green triangle disappear just as I hit the post reply button... i kept checking all evening hoping you'd see it!

So this was NOT really a loadngo offer, rather a push notification from the app. These things annoy me because I don't have room on my phone for it and hubby refuses because it's a battery drain and insists on having location turned on. I only knew about it because it was being discussed here sooo i deleted an app to make room to load the AM one, pulled up the offer, took a screenshot, deleted it again and reloaded the one i need on days I'm in Toronto. A royal pia!!!!

I think what's happening is either AM or Rexall is tracking which methods of communications are reaching customers. Ever notice signs for Dominos pizza around with codes that will give you 50% off your order? There will be several different ones, signs different colours and e-mails as well that they use testing what draws people to order.

Gotta say once more, I love this community, so much help offered with no petty quarrels!!!

The things I learn from this forum. I never noticed the triangles before. Or at least never realized they were color-coded. So blue is offline and green is online then? Good info!

I wish I had checked but my son had a soccer game at 6:30 pm so I was busy with dinner and getting him to soccer. It ended up being called due to the approaching dark sky and flashes of lightening. When we got back home, I decided to sit on the porch and read. That should teach me. Never sit to read until I check everything online! :)

Now that I know Air Miles does push notifications I'll guess I'll check it more often. I have the APP on my phone but have pretty much been ignoring it. Thanks for the explanation!

Nice! Hope the air miles stay.

good news, they are putting the miles in as i type now. but 20 mins of online chat, with polite back and forth.

Hi Mort. So are these the first round of 600 mega mile air miles, or the second 600 Sobey's promised to honour that you just received?

In addition to Sobey's I had also contacted Air Miles by phone. In fact, I phoned Air Miles before Sobey's. The lady I spoke with at Air Miles phoned me back yesterday and told me to go to the Sobey's location I purchased the $150 gift cards at. I'm suppose to tell the Manager there I never received the MM air miles for the coupon and have her credit it to me manually. She (lady at Air Miles) will phone me back by 7 pm tonight to check that I got them.

I'm doubtful this will work. I have no proof to give the Sobey's Manager that I talked to anyone at Air Miles. This is a 10 minute drive from home. That's a lot of air miles for Sobey's to make right at the store level. On the other hand, it was a store Manager that showed me the e-mail from head office in the first place. Maybe I'll get the same Manager and she'll do it.

I still have yet to hear back from Sobey's, whom I e-mailed the scanned receipts to.

So I'm pleased to say I am back on 'Rewarding your Opinions'. I had previously sent out a service requests then a follow up e-mail to them and got what I considered a nasty reply from the guy on the email. He was quite rude, said he had 'thousands' of requests and he would see to it when he got answers.
Well Tuesday I sent off a new service request to their general line and stated that it had been 9 weeks and if I wasn't going to get the service back let me know however 9 weeks to fix an issue is very unacceptable, they must run their company very badly if they could not get an answer to a simple question in that time period.
Next day I received a very nice reply, really sweet apology, from the guy who had been so rude. He said he had reset my account and had credited me 20 airmiles for my inconvenience. So I'm at it again! in the last two days I made 105 AM's from surveys. Today I have made another 20 so far from just two surveys. Its such an easy way to earn miles and I'm so glad they fixed my issue. I thought I was finished with this route.

The things I learn from this forum. I never noticed the triangles before. Or at least never realized they were color-coded. So blue is offline and green is online then? Good info!

I wish I had checked but my son had a soccer game at 6:30 pm so I was busy with dinner and getting him to soccer. It ended up being called due to the approaching dark sky and flashes of lightening. When we got back home, I decided to sit on the porch and read. That should teach me. Never sit to read until I check everything online! :)

Now that I know Air Miles does push notifications I'll guess I'll check it more often. I have the APP on my phone but have pretty much been ignoring it. Thanks for the explanation!

Nice! Hope the air miles stay.

Hi Mort. So are these the first round of 600 mega mile air miles, or the second 600 Sobey's promised to honour that you just received?

In addition to Sobey's I had also contacted Air Miles by phone. In fact, I phoned Air Miles before Sobey's. The lady I spoke with at Air Miles phoned me back yesterday and told me to go to the Sobey's location I purchased the $150 gift cards at. I'm suppose to tell the Manager there I never received the MM air miles for the coupon and have her credit it to me manually. She (lady at Air Miles) will phone me back by 7 pm tonight to check that I got them.

I'm doubtful this will work. I have no proof to give the Sobey's Manager that I talked to anyone at Air Miles. This is a 10 minute drive from home. That's a lot of air miles for Sobey's to make right at the store level. On the other hand, it was a store Manager that showed me the e-mail from head office in the first place. Maybe I'll get the same Manager and she'll do it.

I still have yet to hear back from Sobey's, whom I e-mailed the scanned receipts to.
From the first ones. I found the date i purchase on page 551 here. Thank goodness i posted here...no receipts but after chat i was able to tell them day i purchased and that they were 2 seperate promos that could be used at the same time. Plu code 31 on the mm coupon

Just getting ready to track down my MM connected to the online shopping i did and came across this sitting on the Airmilesshop home page! really easy to get an extra 50 miles if you need anything from the new stores -- you only need to earn ONE mile, which at most stores is only a $20 transaction !!!
New Online Stores

Wave hello to new online stores
Get 50 Bonus Miles when you earn 1 Mile at any new participating online store by July 31, 2018.

Limited Time Offer
.5. LIMITED-TIME OFFER valid July 5 to July 31, 2018. Get 50 Bonus Miles when you earn a Mile through qualifying purchases made in a single transaction through airmilesshops.ca at the following online stores: Etsy, HP Canada, Kielh's, Urban Decay, Reebok, Lancome, Endy Sleep, adidas, Lenovo, New Balance, S'well, Reno-Depot, Kate Spade, Bumble and Bumble, Charlotte Tilbury. Base Offer may vary for each participating online store. Click on “Store Info” on online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for offer details. Limit one (1) Bonus Offer per Collector Number. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to earn Reward Miles and to qualify for this offer. Offer can be combined with other AIR MILES Bonus Offers. Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days after the promotional period.

Honestly I didn’t believe that would work! I’m so surprised!! I walked in to the Oshawa Sobey’s, armed with my accordion folder of receipts, printout of my tracking spreadsheet and info from AM.

I explained to the lady behind the CS desk why I was here. She looked in the binder for the email and could not locate it (just like Whitby couldn’t find their copy). She phoned the manager on duty (Tammy) who told her to give me the miles!!!!

600 on my card and 600 on my husband’s.

Huh... just tried to upload the photo from my iPhone but it said the file is too large.

I’ll try ahgain after the World Cup game. I can’t concentrate on the game properly while typing.

Half-time!

Here's the receipt. If anyone in Durham Region is still trying to get the second set of air miles from the MM March 17/18 weekend, I'd recommend going to Sobey's in Oshawa. They manually credited the air miles. So now I have received the 150 from the flyer offer that weekend AND the 150 from the MM coupon - times 4 purchases times 2 cards. 1,200 bonus miles in total!

Just getting ready to track down my MM connected to the online shopping i did and came across this sitting on the Airmilesshop home page! really easy to get an extra 50 miles if you need anything from the new stores -- you only need to earn ONE mile, which at most stores is only a $20 transaction !!!
New Online Stores

Wave hello to new online stores
Get 50 Bonus Miles when you earn 1 Mile at any new participating online store by July 31, 2018.

Limited Time Offer
.5. LIMITED-TIME OFFER valid July 5 to July 31, 2018. Get 50 Bonus Miles when you earn a Mile through qualifying purchases made in a single transaction through airmilesshops.ca at the following online stores: Etsy, HP Canada, Kielh's, Urban Decay, Reebok, Lancome, Endy Sleep, adidas, Lenovo, New Balance, S'well, Reno-Depot, Kate Spade, Bumble and Bumble, Charlotte Tilbury. Base Offer may vary for each participating online store. Click on “Store Info” on online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for offer details. Limit one (1) Bonus Offer per Collector Number. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to earn Reward Miles and to qualify for this offer. Offer can be combined with other AIR MILES Bonus Offers. Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days after the promotional period.

Awesome! Thanks! So easy to spend money on Etsy.

Oh airmilesshop lists etsy now! that could be dangerous...

Isn't it though? :goodvibes

Done & done, got both accounts cleared up for the online shopping during MM -- no problems at all. Dealt with Marsha & Linda -- both active collectors themselves who agree that there is something that gets mixed up with the big promos & the online portal -- but it's no match for a well prepared DUCK!
upload_2018-7-6_15-26-24.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter