• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

After reading these reports on Airmiles correcting peoples accounts for Mega Miles issues I decided to give it a go and try my luck. It was looking like I was going to get the wait until 120 days from the end of the promotion when I mentioned that others had received the very same AM for the PLU code 31 and 33 and why was I being asked to wait... one thing led to another (a few more arguements on my part) and they decided to make and "exception" and post my miles so as not to inconvenience me any further :crazy:. Bottom line I got my missing miles. Thanks to all those who posted their experiences. It gave me the confidence to stick to my guns and get my miles (well DH's technically).

good news, they are putting the miles in as i type now. but 20 mins of online chat, with polite back and forth.

After reading these reports on Airmiles correcting peoples accounts for Mega Miles issues I decided to give it a go and try my luck. It was looking like I was going to get the wait until 120 days from the end of the promotion when I mentioned that others had received the very same AM for the PLU code 31 and 33 and why was I being asked to wait... one thing led to another (a few more arguements on my part) and they decided to make and "exception" and post my miles so as not to inconvenience me any further :crazy:. Bottom line I got my missing miles. Thanks to all those who posted their experiences. It gave me the confidence to stick to my guns and get my miles (well DH's technically).

You guys are lucky...I just got off the phone with Alex at the ONYX phone number as I could not get the live chat to work. I was advised that you were only entitled to 150 AM and whoever said you got 300 AM was wrong. I advised that I spoke to the manager at my Sobey's location and saw the printed email from their head office that indicated that they were 2 separate promos and that the 150 AM on the receipt was the flyer offer and if the customer used the MM coupon (PLU 31) those 150 AM would show up in approximately 4-6 weeks. Alex advised that was incorrect. I advised I saw the email myself and it was from Sobey's head office to all stores.

I indicated to Alex that I belonged to an Air Miles Collector message board and that people are reporting that they are being awarded the additional 150 AM per $150 gift card. He advised that should not have happened because no adjustments for any mega miles coupons can be made until August 10 (originally he said September 10 and I said isn't 120 days from April 12 August 10)...he said at that time I can do an online request and submit the information for the missing miles. He said he could not guarantee that they would be awarded because the promotion was 150 AM for $150 gift card. He also mentioned that on the back of the coupon it indicated that "it could not be combined with any other offer". I advised that if that is the case then why did the email from Sobey's indicate otherwise and he said it was a mistake on their part. So, I will send my missing miles enquiry on August 10 and fight for my missing 300 miles...

Mickey&JoshNut, the senerio I put to the online rep was they are seperate and not combined. Just like if I had a purchase $50 worth of goods get 100AM, and with the $50 I had 2 cans of soup that got me 5am and pasta Buy 2 get 10am, I would get 115am with the total purchase. They are not being combined. It worked and that is is how I got them.
Good luck

I should have known that doing Spring cleaning in my paperworks wasn't a good idea!!! Unfortunately for me, I discarded all my receipts from MM since I was awarded the 1200AM and I had completely forgot about this extra 150AM per GC at Sobey's (I bought for 450$ that day). Lesson learned for next time!

Ok ... @Mickey&JoshNut you had the misfortune of speaking to a customer mis-service rep who has only enough knowledge of the programme to be dangerous (much in the same way the people who answer the phone when you call ANY of the Disney numbers) and I've actually had the pleasure (where is the sarcasm font?!?!) of speaking to him as well. He is correct that the coupon says it can't be combined with other offers HOWEVER that doesn't refer to offers that are in flyers as mort pointed out. If you had an offer loaded to your card that was for the same thing then they can toss the wording back and leave you with nothing to stand on (perhaps, Rexall's wording is the same but they do combine) but this isn't the same thing AT ALL! There were signs in the store i was in mentioning the offer & it was on the radio all weekend as well reminding people to get the extra miles. Is it at all possible for you to go back to the store you bought the cards & saw the email (i know they seem to have disappeared now but they *should* remember!)

I wouldn't wait until August 10th (red flag if he didn't even have the correct date to toss at you that he's not on the ball), i would try chat again or call back and politely lay everything out again. The stupid online request for missing miles isn't meant for large amount reporting, it will only get escalated to a different department and will trigger an automatic response email to you informing you to wait another 7 - 10 business days if you haven't heard back. You always have the possibility to ask to speak to someone else when on the phone -- or disconnecting the chat session and trying again. Give it another try and see what you're able to find out.

Mickey&JoshNut, the senerio I put to the online rep was they are seperate and not combined. Just like if I had a purchase $50 worth of goods get 100AM, and with the $50 I had 2 cans of soup that got me 5am and pasta Buy 2 get 10am, I would get 115am with the total purchase. They are not being combined. It worked and that is is how I got them.
Good luck

thank you, that is a great explanation.

Ok ... @Mickey&JoshNut you had the misfortune of speaking to a customer mis-service rep who has only enough knowledge of the programme to be dangerous (much in the same way the people who answer the phone when you call ANY of the Disney numbers) and I've actually had the pleasure (where is the sarcasm font?!?!) of speaking to him as well. He is correct that the coupon says it can't be combined with other offers HOWEVER that doesn't refer to offers that are in flyers as mort pointed out. If you had an offer loaded to your card that was for the same thing then they can toss the wording back and leave you with nothing to stand on (perhaps, Rexall's wording is the same but they do combine) but this isn't the same thing AT ALL! There were signs in the store i was in mentioning the offer & it was on the radio all weekend as well reminding people to get the extra miles. Is it at all possible for you to go back to the store you bought the cards & saw the email (i know they seem to have disappeared now but they *should* remember!)

I wouldn't wait until August 10th (red flag if he didn't even have the correct date to toss at you that he's not on the ball), i would try chat again or call back and politely lay everything out again. The stupid online request for missing miles isn't meant for large amount reporting, it will only get escalated to a different department and will trigger an automatic response email to you informing you to wait another 7 - 10 business days if you haven't heard back. You always have the possibility to ask to speak to someone else when on the phone -- or disconnecting the chat session and trying again. Give it another try and see what you're able to find out.

We don't go to Sobey's that often due to its location and horrible parking lot...but I will try to go either next weekend and see if they will give me my air miles...they already did one receipt for me because the cashier would not allow me to use my second MM coupon for my second giftcard...she said that it only qualified once for MM...there was too long of a line behind me to argue but in my head I was thinking what difference is it to you to scan a coupon...

Mickey&JoshNut -> Do you live in Durham region? Or not too far? If so, I'd suggest going to the Sobey's store in Oshawa at Taunton & Wilson. The store Manager there gave me the MM coupon bonus air miles just yesterday. The Whitby location might as well as I spoke with the staff before and they all saw the letter and said they were trying to get their bonus miles as well.

You guys are lucky...I just got off the phone with Alex at the ONYX phone number as I could not get the live chat to work. I was advised that you were only entitled to 150 AM and whoever said you got 300 AM was wrong. I advised that I spoke to the manager at my Sobey's location and saw the printed email from their head office that indicated that they were 2 separate promos and that the 150 AM on the receipt was the flyer offer and if the customer used the MM coupon (PLU 31) those 150 AM would show up in approximately 4-6 weeks. Alex advised that was incorrect. I advised I saw the email myself and it was from Sobey's head office to all stores.

I indicated to Alex that I belonged to an Air Miles Collector message board and that people are reporting that they are being awarded the additional 150 AM per $150 gift card. He advised that should not have happened because no adjustments for any mega miles coupons can be made until August 10 (originally he said September 10 and I said isn't 120 days from April 12 August 10)...he said at that time I can do an online request and submit the information for the missing miles. He said he could not guarantee that they would be awarded because the promotion was 150 AM for $150 gift card. He also mentioned that on the back of the coupon it indicated that "it could not be combined with any other offer". I advised that if that is the case then why did the email from Sobey's indicate otherwise and he said it was a mistake on their part. So, I will send my missing miles enquiry on August 10 and fight for my missing 300 miles...

I think you must got the first representative I talked to. He took notes on the file etc. and quoted all you did above. It was DS's account and yesterday I was afraid to try to get the AM on that account so I decided to try my DH account. After a long time explaining in online chat I was somehow disconnected. I went back on and got the party line. That's when I brought up the "Others" argument as you did. My final argument that I used with them was that Sobeys was not going to go through each card holders records to see who had and hadn't been awarded the correct # of AM for the promotion. That it would be up to the individual to contact AM and let them know that the were short changed (not my exact wording but you get the idea). They then realized I wasn't going away and I guess break time must have been coming because they caved.

I had been awarded some extra AM as a Make it Right initially so with the AM I got yesterday I now have the correct # of AM for the two promotions. They aren't in the correct account but they are in the correct family of accounts so all is good.

Keep at it, you'll have success. Eventually.

Hot and thirsty, (well maybe not today!) I came across this under Airmiles Perks the other day thought I would share it here in case anyone is interested
thirst-buster-perk-en.png

Shell Thirst Buster - BOGO + Get Miles offer

Here’s an exclusive Perk just for Collectors! From July 2 – September 2, 2018, when you buy 1 Thirst Buster frozen beverage and show your AIR MILES® Card, you’ll get a second for FREE!*

Plus, as an added treat, any time you buy a Thirst Buster frozen beverage from Shell until September 2, 2018, you’ll also get 5 Bonus Miles.† Enjoy this offer as many times as you’d like, whenever you need to cool down this summer!

Remember, show your AIR MILES Card to get this cool offer

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsProductList?a=true&viewAll=true&selectedCategoryId=cat70001

I should have known that doing Spring cleaning in my paperworks wasn't a good idea!!! Unfortunately for me, I discarded all my receipts from MM since I was awarded the 1200AM and I had completely forgot about this extra 150AM per GC at Sobey's (I bought for 450$ that day). Lesson learned for next time!
Dont worry about the receipts, I did not have mine, but dont tell them. Just be armed with when you bought the gc. Look at your am transactions on line and see when they were awarded and go from there. Try the online method while watching tv, then your not wasting time

Mickey&JoshNut -> Do you live in Durham region? Or not too far? If so, I'd suggest going to the Sobey's store in Oshawa at Taunton & Wilson. The store Manager there gave me the MM coupon bonus air miles just yesterday. The Whitby location might as well as I spoke with the staff before and they all saw the letter and said they were trying to get their bonus miles as well.

No, I live in the Hamilton area...

Hot and thirsty, (well maybe not today!) I came across this under Airmiles Perks the other day thought I would share it here in case anyone is interested

Here’s an exclusive Perk just for Collectors! From July 2 – September 2, 2018, when you buy 1 Thirst Buster frozen beverage and show your AIR MILES® Card, you’ll get a second for FREE!*

Plus, as an added treat, any time you buy a Thirst Buster frozen beverage from Shell until September 2, 2018, you’ll also get 5 Bonus Miles.† Enjoy this offer as many times as you’d like, whenever you need to cool down this summer!

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsProductList?a=true&viewAll=true&selectedCategoryId=cat70001
Heads up, tried this today, cashier looked at me sideways. Swiped the card, still nothing, but he gave it to me because as he said,"no ones going to lie about that" I was running so I just said ok.

Heads up, tried this today, cashier looked at me sideways. Swiped the card, still nothing, but he gave it to me because as he said,"no ones going to lie about that" I was running so I just said ok.

Which is why I plan on going to Shell armed with a photocopy of the offer and conditions along with the participating locations in my area. (Ok I actually printed it off for my DS to use when he takes advantage of the offer but decided to make myself a copy as well.) Not all Shell locations participate in the offer.

The offer is actually one of the offers that scroll across the top of the page when you first log in to Airmiles.

Can you please post back when you see the extra 75 posted to your account? I've been credited the 25 miles, but I haven't called (yet) and didn't get that email. I'm only actually owed 25 miles (spent ~ $60), so I can't be bothered to spend too much time chasing it.

Glad you got the extra 75 to make it worth your time though!

Hey mab2012, I believe they have been posted. My Offers "Goodwill" 75 miles I see in my account for June 30.

My kids will be happy. Thank you.

No, I live in the Hamilton area...

Darn. That's too bad.

LOL - that is funny. I'm going to take a photo of the offer on my phone in case I get questioned about it then as well.

Which is why I plan on going to Shell armed with a photocopy of the offer and conditions along with the participating locations in my area. (Ok I actually printed it off for my DS to use when he takes advantage of the offer but decided to make myself a copy as well.) Not all Shell locations participate in the offer.

The offer is actually one of the offers that scroll across the top of the page when you first log in to Airmiles.

Good idea. I'll do a printout for my husband to carry since he does not have a cell phone.

Sorry....I know I've asked before about AM car rental. I've finally booked a flight and we are going to WDW mid August. We will probably be staying offsite so a car is needed. I'm going to use my AM to rent the car....I'm not at all concerned about the $ to mile value, I need to keep my OOP cost down. I've searched the AM site and can't seem to find a cancelation policy. Can I cancel and get my AM back or what happens? I want to continue to search for a traditional rental that I would pay for....the taxes on the AM rental are around $100, if I could find a cash rental that wasn't too much more I would go that route and save my miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter