• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I think the "Fall into these Foodland" coupons should have shown the air miles on the receipt. I'm sure when I've used similiar coupons in the past. My main reason for this time around is because one of the coupons I used was 20% off Compliements white eggs at Foodland. That should have registered automatically at the til and given me the discount. It did not. I noticed when I reviewed the receipt in the parking lot. So the cashier had to manual adjust and give me the difference back in cash. The Manager at Foodland also did an override and manually gave me the air miles I should have earned.

Sobey's customer service also manually gave me 35 AM the coupons did not put on the receipt.

Sobey's - spent $85.78 and earned 385 air miles, plus another 25 to come from AM for using 4 coupons. Ohh, and YES I was able to stack the 20 for spending $70 (paper coupon) and 20 for spending $60 (loaded to my card)!!

Foodland - spent $15.89 and earned 12 air miles.

Metro - spent $7.60 for 12 air miles (2 goat's milk on APP).

I agree they will wait until their stock is depleted before they order any new tickets (discounted or not).

In 2016 when I was purchasing my non-discounted tickets for WDW I had to wait a week or two for the tickets to be shipped as they had run out and were waiting for a new shipment. I purchased more in early September (before the discount was announced) and those came almost immediately. When all my tickets were put together I noticed that I had 3 different issue dates on the back of the tickets. I think AM is always ordering more tickets to keep up with demand as opposed to one giant block of tickets (as they likely did when the Canadian discount came out).

Just left Sobeys. My MyOffers Spend $90 get 30AM didn't show on my receipt and shows not redeemed in the app. :(

The Spend $75 get 20AM paper coupon that the guy did scan right in front of me also does not show on my receipt.

50AM short of what I was hoping for!

They were already out of Delverde pasta and the organic Tostitos/Smartfood! :(

Just left Sobeys. My MyOffers Spend $90 get 30AM didn't show on my receipt and shows not redeemed in the app. :(

The Spend $75 get 20AM paper coupon that the guy did scan right in front of me also does not show on my receipt.

My spend 100 get 30 didn't work either

My first Blue Friday
Well that was exciting but stressful shop.

I clipped my coupons that were available to me....none of them posted and they said wait for 1-2 weeks and see if they are posted if not bring coupons back to store and they will credit them.
so I've kept the coupons 1/2 of which could be scanned and the other half had to be manually put in by the cashier. My total is 161 bonus coupon miles.

Next
Tostitos/Scoops and Blue corn --bought 3 of them at $3.99 --75 points awarded.

Now the Smart Food popcorn was priced at $1.99 on the tags on the shelf,,but rang up at 3.99,,to which I challenged with the manager.
I did end up getting all 9 bags for $1.99 each. All 225 points posted.

My total airmiles earned this shop
plus 161 to come
I'm happy and hey my shopping got done early.
Hugs Mel
FYI in the future you can challenge the store and get up to $10 free for having a price ring up different than what is posted. Most stores and Sobeys does honour this.

So just walked over to Sobeys to check it out. And next to nothing in stock. And not that it was sold out. They never carry most of the stuff. So bunch of maynards and chocolate for the kids, did put the smartfood in, but not the right stuff, manager manually entered so I couldnt go crazy. just $25 and ended up with 200am. Not too bad.

My store only had one bag of the Organic Smartfood popcorn left. None of the Tostitos. And that's all I planned to get.
I ended up buying Pepsi products (to be served at our next family get together since I'm not a fan) just so I didn't leave the store empty handed without any air miles. Not too impressed with this first ever Blue Friday!

Decided to get a few of the Blue Friday items....will do my main shop tomorrow for the PC points. Best of both worlds!
Spent $58 and got 326 miles. My store was almost out of the Smartfood. I think I left 2 bags on the shelf and there were 1 or 2 bags of the Tostitos. Plenty of chocolate/ Maynard's. The pasta was slim pickings. Maybe 8-10 bags left in total. The ice cream was also slim. Maybe 6 tubs left but lots of the novelties. BTW, I ended up getting an extra 10 miles on the ice cream.

I was very tempted with the ready made meals deal. Everything looked really good but the portions were a bit small.

My store only had one bag of the Organic Smartfood popcorn left. None of the Tostitos. And that's all I planned to get.
I ended up buying Pepsi products (to be served at our next family get together since I'm not a fan) just so I didn't leave the store empty handed without any air miles. Not too impressed with this first ever Blue Friday!
I have to agree...I wasn't overly impressed either but if they keep it up once a month it would be nice and expand on it in the future.

Had my list ready to go, all excited for our first Blue Friday event and BOOM out of nowhere I'm in the middle of a gastritis attack, no hunting trip for the duck!

I haven't used any of my coupons yet. I was planning on using them next week when I could focus on using just the coupons. Today was all about the Blue Friday deals. I was at Sobey (Barrhaven) around 9:30 and the only pasta they had was spaghetti and spaghetini (I picked up 6). There were maybe a dozen or two dozen packages on the shelf at that point. I got the last Tostitos package and two popcorns. There were maybe 10 popcorns on the shelf.

The items that didn't show up on your receipt call the My Offers help line and see if they can do something about the loaded offer (at the least) and maybe even the other paper coupon. They should be able to see how much you spent on your receipt. Good luck.

Ok
I just found out that my granddaughter is coming over this weekend and her birthday is Monday so back to Sobeys I went --we love the multi choice cheese cake.
I was thinking about the pasta and ...............................I bought a few (24) pks I plan on donating them to my school ---they do veggie and meat pasta meals every once in awhile.
And yes I'm eating leftover Spaghetti right now.
Hugs Mel

Well I didn't make it to Blue Friday, between the spending at Disney, and paying off a cruise (and flights!) for December, I just didn't have anything extra to spend on things we don't NEED. Maybe next time! Did I mention all the back to school stuff I had to pay this week? Every year I forget there will be a list of things I have to pay for right off the bat. I did tell him no pizza this year, they get one little slice for $2.50 a week and I still need to send extra stuff so it doesn't really save me anything in making lunch time. I can buy a box of frozen mini pizzas for $5 and have lunches for at least 4 weeks. Any way.

Glad some made out well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter