Air Conditioning - CSR and POP

DaniB

DIS Veteran
Do either (or both?) of these resorts have air conditioning in the bedrooms?

If they do, is it on a central air style that has a master control for each room? Or the old conditioner in the window style?

Dani

They are all the hotel/motel versions - it is a floor mounted unit with a supply register on the top that delivers both heat and cooling. The unit has a vent to the outside which provides the proper amount of a mixture from fresh outside air as provided by the mechanical code.

Window mounted units have not been used in commercial, resort, office, etc. settings for many, many, many years, because they do not have the ability to circulate fresh air from the outside to follow the mechanical code.

I hope you don't imagine that you'll have any kind of real control with the room temp though.
(my Disney pet peeve)

Actually, you do have your own thermostat in the CSR rooms and it's been fairly reliable in the rooms we've had there.

If memory serves correctly, Pop Century HVAC units are below the window in each room. You do control the temperature, but they also have a motion sensor and may turn off when no one is moving about. Someone posted somewhere--a long time ago--how to override the control, but I'm not sure if it's still valid.

The units do work pretty well, although the bed closer to the window tends to benefit a bit more until the room reaches the selected temperature. For us, that means my BFF and travel buddy has the bed closer to the window when we need air conditioning--she's part polar bear! LOL

These are as noted in this picture below.. on the far right ..

Most accurately described by MissyTara..

3647727652_3aedd75fc0.jpg

You can see the vent at the top.. the thermostat in the middle of the wall.. not under the window as in older motel style hotels elsewhere in the world.

To my understanding.. CSR has the same basic setup and technically, it's not "central" air.

Youn know that CSR and POP are one room deals, right? They are not suites with separate bedrooms. I don't think you will find any hotels/motels in Florida without AC now.. But the last time I was at POFQ they still had window units that were dirty and gross, which is why I haven't stayed there. I find POP is always an Ok temperature, we actually have to put it up to 74 to be comfortable because it gets too cold for us, and CSR was the same way.

I don't like the motion detectors things though at AKL because it did get stuffy there when we stpooed moving as we were sleeping.

If memory serves correctly, Pop Century HVAC units are below the window in each room. You do control the temperature, but they also have a motion sensor and may turn off when no one is moving about. Someone posted somewhere--a long time ago--how to override the control, but I'm not sure if it's still valid.

The units do work pretty well, although the bed closer to the window tends to benefit a bit more until the room reaches the selected temperature. For us, that means my BFF and travel buddy has the bed closer to the window when we need air conditioning--she's part polar bear! LOL

The setup you're describing above is definitely in at least CBR, POFQ and in POR as well.

The values all have the same basic setup as Pop Century does in the photo above.

Great, thanks for all the replies!

My husband will be in the bed closer to the unit then, that's for sure! He loves to have cold air hitting him.

Strangely enough, it makes me sneeze! The further away I am, the better.

Dani

The thermostats must have a min. temp lock on them though. When we stayed at POP last year i tried to turn the air colder(I love me a cold room) it wouldn't go lower than like 75 if I remember correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter