After Gastric Bypass Surgury

jstan

Earning My Ears
upcoming bypass surgury will result in only allowing small portions for meal. it is my understanding that you get a card from Dr. informing of this surgury and requesting that Children's menus be offered. Have you heard about this and, if so, any problems at Disney Parks and Resorts?

hmmmmm.... I have not heard of a card for this, but the GAC from Guest Services may be what you need at WDW... this is a card that is used to alert CMs when a person needs special assistance or accomodation, which you get at the main gate of each park. Haven't heard of using it for diets. Click on the link in my signature for information abou the GAC. The sit-down restaurants area always willing to accomodate special diets with advance notice, and I wonder if reduced portions would qualify as that??? I suppose they would. You might need a brief doctor's note, but only for backup.

Special Reservations may have the answer for you... if you call CRO they will transfer you to the number.

You should take a note. After my surgery I had complications and had to take medication 1/2 hour before I ate. Disney gave me a hard time @ restaurants when I told them I had to eat in exactly 1/2 hour. I showed them my medicine indicating about eating with this medicine and they we very rude and could give a care less. I would bring a note just to be safe.

Another suggestion is to order appetizers as your main dish. The portions are smaller and cheaper.

Donna

If you are eating at a counter service restaurant, you can order the child's item if you want. In the full service restaurants, you can just order an appetizer. I have done both and no one ever has given me a hard time. In fact, I have even shared a child's portion with my DD at a counter service restaurant when neither one of us were particularly hungry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter