Aft extended verandah floor 9 vs. extended verandah on floor 5

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
We have room 9674 booked... a room with an extended verandah on the back of the ship. Wondering if we should stick with the very back of the ship or switch to an extended verandah on floor 5 but not on the very back. Same price. Thoughts?

We have only sailed on the fantasy and dream in an extended verandah aft cabin or an extended verandah cabin on deck 5. We loved them both. We have sailed on 3 cruises in the aft and 3 cruises on deck 5. We just got off the fantasy on Sunday from cabin 9172 - almost the same cabin you have booked. We sail next cruise on deck 5 in an extended verandah.

The whole cruise last week we were trying to decide which type of cabin we like best. I think we decided on the aft cabin with extended verandah. The view from the back just makes up for the slight vibration and rattle issues with the aft.

We have only sailed on the fantasy and dream in an extended verandah aft cabin or an extended verandah cabin on deck 5. We loved them both. We have sailed on 3 cruises in the aft and 3 cruises on deck 5. We just got off the fantasy on Sunday from cabin 9172 - almost the same cabin you have booked. We sail next cruise on deck 5 in an extended verandah.

The whole cruise last week we were trying to decide which type of cabin we like best. I think we decided on the aft cabin with extended verandah. The view from the back just makes up for the slight vibration and rattle issues with the aft.

That's really helpful! Is the room a "family" size room - a little larger than standard? I was sort of confused on if I got a family room or regular sized.

Also, how did you feel about the white wall? I think I remember the regular verandahs being completely transparent?

That's really helpful! Is the room a "family" size room - a little larger than standard? I was sort of confused on if I got a family room or regular sized.

Also, how did you feel about the white wall? I think I remember the regular verandahs being completely transparent?
The "white wall" on the Dream class ships is only about shin high (upper part of wall being plexiglass).

The white wall on the Magic class ships is the full verandah wall being white.

Last edited:

Cabins were about the same size, I thought. This view is what wins aft for us9C8A726F-7D4F-4031-B389-E0FC59A921BB.jpeg

Aft verandah was only partially white. We had cabin 10658 on 2 recent dream cruises. It is a corner aft balcony and it was larger. F4DAFC8C-C3F0-4523-9DE4-B4D8A53BDBA0.jpeg

We have stayed in both and LOVE them both. Plan to spend some extra time enjoying your extended verandah in either stateroom!

For the aft, we had one near the middle that had a really deep verandah. On the fantasy, we did notice the vibrating on the last night when they were speeding home. Otherwise it did not bother us.

For both of these, they categorize it as the Deluxe Family Stateroom. The "family" usually means it has some extra space in the room between the sofa and the verandah where a murphy bed would be. But in these extended verandah staterooms, the extra space is outside on the verandah; the interior of the stateroom is the same size as the Deluxe Stateroom.

I posted a youtube video (very short) of our 5th deck extended verandah room on the Dream which will look the same as on the Fantasy. Search for "Disney Dream 5658" (I loved this one especially because the verandah is open on the side which just made it feel even bigger.

We sailed in 7194 on the Dream and 5650 on the Fantasy. 5650's verandah was MUCH larger than 7194, but I really enjoyed the wide open view on 7194. If given the choice, I would chose the aft cabin on the Dream. That said, the Fantasy's aft vibration issue would cause me to chose the side cabin.

I just stayed in room 9674 on the Dream this past month. We really liked the extended verandah. We were able to watch an amazing lightning storm off the back of the ship. If you google the room number there is a video of the balcony. It's the first time I've sailed aft and it was nice to be so close to Cabanas and the upper deck. Of course the vibration issues on the Fantasy are different than the Dream.

Thanks everyone for the help! I feel like we will really love having a bigger verandah. We are all super heavy sleepers so I'm thinking we will be ok with the vibration.

We could definitely move to an extended verandah on Deck 5, but Deck 5 feels a little out of the way of everything.

Although the verandah on room 5052 is incredibly tempting! It looks HUGE, forward on Deck 5, port side. We stayed starboard last time but...? Hmm... thoughts?

Thanks everyone for the help! I feel like we will really love having a bigger verandah. We are all super heavy sleepers so I'm thinking we will be ok with the vibration.

We could definitely move to an extended verandah on Deck 5, but Deck 5 feels a little out of the way of everything.

Although the verandah on room 5052 is incredibly tempting! It looks HUGE, forward on Deck 5, port side. We stayed starboard last time but...? Hmm... thoughts?

If 5052 is open and you have a larger sailing party, you should take it! (We have it on the Fantasy this year for Christmas and again in June.) The only drawback is that it is port and you will not get fireworks or Castaway views. So that is something to also consider.

Just got off our first Fantasy cruise and got assigned an aft cabin. There was definitely a very notable vibration about 50% of the time we were cruising. I didn't care for it and would only book aft on the Fantasy again if we got an awesome deal.

I love the motion that's often felt forward on the ship but dislike being so far from Cabanas. Forward on one of the smaller ships is my definite favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!