Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan's right, anything over 200' needs aircraft warning lights, which is why Everest and the castle are under 200' At 200' uni would be taking a big chance that they were over that 200'. My guess is it's under by some amount, even if it's a foot or 3.

Very interested what happens with the Volcano Bay opening. I would assume they probably open it uncompleted (as Ryan has said on multiple threads) but there's a lot of dirt still exposed which obviously needs to be concreted before opening

The article states "finishing touches" but I still see a bunch of landmovers moving dirt around (unless those are all back stage areas) - definitely feels like they are pushing it given all the new technology involved - unless they are just going to use the first month of operation as their preview/testing period

This. I have much more confidence that they will complete the physical features than they will have the new queuing systems (and other tech items) up and running...

The article states "finishing touches" but I still see a bunch of landmovers moving dirt around (unless those are all back stage areas) - definitely feels like they are pushing it given all the new technology involved - unless they are just going to use the first month of operation as their preview/testing period
Yep. I think there will be a few areas of this park that won't be open for opening day.

Most of the unfinished area appear to be backstage.

Yep. I think there will be a few areas of this park that won't be open for opening day.
I find that a bit disappointing even though I'm not going to Volcano bay lol. I think it's because it's different than Schlitterbahn where they build when they have the $ so you know going in it's not a complete park at first and won't be one for a while (the KC one opened in 2009 and isn't complete). But that's not how people think about in regards to Universal. They expect (well I would think majority would) a complete fully functioning park on opening day.

A lot of people r going to be disappointed and upset if Volcano Bay opens and many rides r closed. I know I would.

I find that a bit disappointing even though I'm not going to Volcano bay lol. I think it's because it's different than Schlitterbahn where they build when they have the $ so you know going in it's not a complete park at first and won't be one for a while (the KC one opened in 2009 and isn't complete). But that's not how people think about in regards to Universal. They expect (well I would think majority would) a complete fully functioning park on opening day.

A lot of people r going to be disappointed and upset if Volcano Bay opens and many rides r closed. I know I would.

Well, we'll be there next Friday, so I'll let you know:) I don't think it will be horrible, but I do think there could be issues with some of the rides and the Tapu Tapu scheduling. Luckily, they serve adult beverages, because I might need one:drinking1My son will probably be thrilled with about anything. We live about an hour away from the original Schlitterbahn, and he is always begging to go, but we never do.

Last edited:
Some new aerials taken by Bioreconstruction and posted over at WDWNT show the Slinky Dog track being installed at HS.

IMG_9200-1200x675.jpg

IMG_9201-1200x675.jpg

Additional aerials from DHS shows work on new parking and the new Osceola Drive entrance and work on TSL and SWL. More can be found over on Twitter:

DA8YBNoWsAAO3i1.jpg

DA8NBqVXcAASqzA.jpg

DA8RUNLXoAAXGQP.jpg

DA8TZQmXkAAORNw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter