advice about mk attractions

maryclancy@cox.net

Earning My Ears
My family of 4 will be in wdw next week. 2 kids, 11 and 6. We are staying on property and plan to take advantage of mk extra magic hours: Tu in the morning and Th evening. Does anyone have recommendations regarding the order we should visit attractions to avoid long lines? I think we will probably start at space mountain but we wonder what to do from there.
Also, regarding evening extra magic hours: How does this work? Do they empty the park and then reopen it for resort guests? Any advice on attractions to visit at night? Once i've figured this out I'll be asking advice about other theme parks. I am very impressed with the level of expertise I have found on this site!!!

As far as evening EMHs, they don't empty thr parks out, but you do need to get a wristband to ride anything after official hours. In theory, I guess, the park could still be packed, but only those sporting the wristbands would be able to ride.

What worked best for us at evening EMHs was working from front to back since most people were doing just the opposite. Only exception was Splash Mountain which we did first since it was hot and we didn't mind being wet. As for mornings, if you have any interest in Fantasyland, get there early.

Hi Mary - I think the three mountains - space splash and big thunder get crowded early on so you probably want to try and get those out of the way first... or split them over two days. I'd recommend riding Big Thunder in the day and at night - two totally different experiences!

Will your kids want to see characters? If so you might want to head over to Mickey's Toontown early on - to get autographs before lines build up.

Fantasyland will also draw big crowds early on so if your youngest wants to ride those rides you might want to get in their early.

Not sure if this has been any help! You could try posting on the Theme Parks board here on the DIS too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter