ADR's and renting DVC Points- So confused

melana

DIS Veteran
Okay, for the first time I opted to rent points for a stay at BLT for my next Disney trip. Can someone explain to me how ADRs work when renting points for DVC? Do I have to call the main reservation line to make my reservations or can I do this online through My Disney Experience? I plan on adding the dining plan to my reservation.

My trip isn't until October, but I want to try to get as much information as I can so I can be prepared at the 180 mark.

Okay, for the first time I opted to rent points for a stay at BLT for my next Disney trip. Can someone explain to me how ADRs work when renting points for DVC? Do I have to call the main reservation line to make my reservations or can I do this online through My Disney Experience? I plan on adding the dining plan to my reservation.

My trip isn't until October, but I want to try to get as much information as I can so I can be prepared at the 180 mark.
ADRs work exactly the same way.

You have to link your reservation in MDE. Your owner should have given you the confirmation number. Note that the owner is the only one who can add DDP for you, as well.

It's super easy like Aurora said, just link your reservation number to
MDE and make your ADRs!

ETA-you don't have to have the dining plan on your reservation to make the ADRs unless you have some that you have to pay for when you book (CRT, HDDR, etc.) and just want to use your credits, other than that you don't have to add your dining plan right away if you were worried about that too

Thanks!! I knew about the owner having to add.. just wasn't sure how MDE would work with the reservations. I already have my stay linked so I should be good to go in 110 days when I can make my ADRs. that is 110 days too many!!

This has been confusing me as well. I am seriously considering renting DVC points this go around. Some people have stated that the owner of the points has to make the ADR on my behalf. But was that the process before MDE? Am I correct to assume now that we have MDE the only thing I need to rely on the owner to do is 1. make the reservations for the room and 2. add a dining plan if we chose to add one? Once I link the reservation to MDE I can make all of my own ADR and FP (once tickets are bought of course), the same way I did when we went last year and I booked directly through Disney? There is a lot of conflicting information, but I feel like a lot may be outdated. Just would like to clarify I am reading this thread correctly :confused:

The only things the DVC owner needs to coordinate for you are the Dining Plan and Magical Express (DME can be handled just by calling, though). Once you get your reservation number you just link it - the same way you'd do if you were staying through a travel agent.

As to ADRs specifically: everyone can book an ADR at 180 days; it's the 180+7 that requires the link.

What Jamesez said!

The owner only has to do Magical Express and Dining Plan. You will link your stay with the confirmation number given when the owner books the room. Fastpass, ADRs, and tickets you will do yourself like you would any other stay. :)

I'm assuming once we check we are to provide a credit card. Does this mean we can charge things to our Magic Bands (dinners, souvenirs, etc) and pay the balance at the end? Or because it's under the "owner" we don't have charging privileges?

Yes - you check in with your own card. Disney will auto-charge the card at certain dollar amounts, not just at the end of the stay, so you need to be proactive if you're going to use gift cards or similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter