ADR for 1?

nfrank

Mouseketeer
Okay.... so here's the deal.... I got mislead by my family about going on vacation for my birthday. We were going to Vegas, but then less than two months out they decided to bail. So I decided if I was going on vacation alone for my birthday, I was going to Disney! :)

Now here's where I have run into lots of problems.... ADR for 1. It seems like quite a few of the nicer places it is very hard to get reservations for one person. I've checked some places out for 1 person, but then checked for 2-4 people. If you're looking for more people, it is much easier to find a reservation. What should I do? Just show up with ADR and hope for the best? Lie about the number of people in my party so I can at least get ADR? I'm at a loss. It's bad enough I'm spending my birthday trip alone, but it seems even worse that I could feasibly have to eat at counter service the whole time just because I'm a solo traveler.

Thanks!

I'm a frequent solo traveler and run into this problem, too. Just make a reservation for 2. I'm doing this for California Grill next week. As long as you honor the reservation, you won't be charged extra (in cases where you need a credit card to reserve). When is your trip?

I'm a frequent solo traveler and run into this problem, too. Just make a reservation for 2. I'm doing this for California Grill next week. As long as you honor the reservation, you won't be charged extra (in cases where you need a credit card to reserve). When is your trip?

October 24th - 30th. Thanks! I was worried about making reservations like that.... especially at 'Ohana, where there for a while I could only find tables for 4. But in that case, it looks like I lucked out! I just found a Friday reservation at 5:05 p.m. for 2!

Book for 2. . .in all cases. If there is a cc deposit required, as long as you show up, its no big deal. Have a blast.

I usually try to make my ADRs for 1, and then if I can't find any, I search for 2. I have mixed results, but I prefer to get them for 1 when I can.

As long as at least 1 person shows up for the reservation, there's no cancellation charge. I personally verified this back in August. :)

As long as at least 1 person shows up for the reservation, there's no cancellation charge. I personally verified this back in August. :)

Good to know! I don't plan on making any ADR's for myself but who knows, this may change before March!

I went solo last November and made many ADR's. I booked most of them for one, but I did have a couple for two. I figure even as a solo diner, I would be sitting at a table for two anyway. They don't have tables for one.

I was only questioned at the 50's Primetime Cafe in HS. The lady looked at me and rather rudly asked me where the other member of my party was - I got nervous and just lied and said my husband was back at the resort not feeling well. She said, oh, ok and that was that :thumbsup2

I'm going in Dec and had to book all of my ADR's for two. You are right in that there are no tables for one, and I couldn't get a confirmation number for just one person only for two.
It is too bad if you have to lie at the podium to avoid a "scene". I thought of saying my partner was sick too. I might just say that I couldn't get a table for one person and I am entitled to eat at Disney too. I have the DDP and there is no info about solo's not getting TS for one.
After all, three people have to take up a table for four.

Could be me but I just booked my dinners for my trip and I got tables for one the default on the number of people is 2 so I just pulled it down to one and I had no problems

I always book for two. For one thing, that's often the only way I can get an ADR. But you also never know-maybe you'll meet someone in line for an attraction that you hit it off with, and would like to ask them to join you for dinner. I'm a married solo traveler, but it's often fun to share a dinner with another solo traveler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter