Additional guest

tom1944

DIS Veteran
We are staying at BLT in a 1 bedroom. It accommodates 5 people. There will be 4 of us. If we wanted to have an additional person stay with us for a day or two, would I just let the front desk know? Can I do it on short notice?

My ex-sil might come down for a few days and I was just wondering if he would be allowed to stay with us.

You can easily add/Modify a guest online before checkin. You however can not change the lead person online.

The front desk may or may not be able to add them. The best thing to do is add them from the start for the entire trip and not worry.

Since there is no dining plan, it doesn't matter. When my DD had a friend who was local join her for a trip, the front desk could not help and so she had to be listed as a day guest...which limited her access to night hours....

I agree with adding the guest before check in. We added a guest after checkin, and it was a pain, and they were considered just a day guest. If we'd just added before hand, would've been a lot less hassle.

I just called about adding guests this morning. I needed to add 2 for the entire portion of our POFQ stay and needed to add 2 to our YC CL stay that's on the front end. They added them to the POFQ reservation, but said I should wait and add them to the YC the day they're scheduled to arrive. I've added guests at the YC several times mid trip and never had an issue. For the OP, it won't cost any more, but I'd hate to have to pay for them for several nights that they aren't going to be at $35 pp. Hopefully this is just an issue with DVC?

Last edited:
I just called about adding guests this morning. I needed to add 2 for the entire portion of our POFQ stay and needed to add 2 to our YC CL stay that's on the front end. They added them to the POFQ reservation, but said I should wait and add them to the YC the day they're scheduled to arrive. I've added guests at the YC several times mid trip and never had an issue. For the OP, it won't cost any more, but I'd hate to have to pay for them for several nights that they aren't going to be at $35 pp.
DVC stays don't have additional charges for extra guests.....

DVC stays don't have additional charges for extra guests.....
Right, that's why I said it wouldn't cost the OP more- we've stayed DVC many times and so I'm familiar with the no charge for additional guests. Just as an aside, you don't pay for additional guests at Fort Wilderness Cabins either. I'm just puzzled as to why they wouldn't be able to add additional guests at the front desk. We've done it both for DVC resorts and Deluxe. It concerns me that we may have an issue adding ours on at the YC. I'm not sure why being DVC would make any difference. I'm going to call signature services tomorrow though to confirm what we were told today. The last thing I want is not to be able to add guests on to our existing reservation.

Right, that's why I said it wouldn't cost the OP more- we've stayed DVC many times and so I'm familiar with the no charge for additional guests. Just as an aside, you don't pay for additional guests at Fort Wilderness Cabins either. I'm just puzzled as to why they wouldn't be able to add additional guests at the front desk. We've done it both for DVC resorts and Deluxe. It concerns me that we may have an issue adding ours on at the YC. I'm not sure why being DVC would make any difference. I'm going to call signature services tomorrow though to confirm what we were told today. The last thing I want is not to be able to add guests on to our existing reservation.
Got it. I misread it as you adding guests to cash stays and not wanting the OP to add and pay the $35 PP per night....

My fault for skimming.

I just called about adding guests this morning. I needed to add 2 for the entire portion of our POFQ stay and needed to add 2 to our YC CL stay that's on the front end. They added them to the POFQ reservation, but said I should wait and add them to the YC the day they're scheduled to arrive. I've added guests at the YC several times mid trip and never had an issue. For the OP, it won't cost any more, but I'd hate to have to pay for them for several nights that they aren't going to be at $35 pp. Hopefully this is just an issue with DVC?

Since the DVC system is different than the hotel one, it’s not as simple for guests to be added at the front desk because they don’t have the ability to do it like they can for cash stays.

That is why a DVC owners should always have guests added by MS prior to a trip.

Since the DVC system is different than the hotel one, it’s not as simple for guests to be added at the front desk because they don’t have the ability to do it like they can for cash stays.

That is why a DVC owners should always have guests added by MS prior to a trip.

Thanks for the explanation!

I would absolutely add them prior to the trip. The front desk is not well trained on DVC point accounting operations, for cash reservations it is not uncommon for them to cancel and rebook the entire reservation. If the front desk happens to cancel and rebook the DVC reservation with new guests, it can really mess up your points, and you'd have to work onb correcting that with DVC MS later.

In a situation like this for a DVC room, there would be no down-side to adding the person to the entire reservation. It just means that person has access to the resort (and the privileges that come with it) for the entire length of the OP's reservation. If they only use it a day or 2, nothing's lost. The only time it gets complicated is if the extra person is already part of a different WDW room reservation during the same time period - which doesn't appear to be the situation for OP.

For the OP, it won't cost any more, but I'd hate to have to pay for them for several nights that they aren't going to be at $35 pp. Hopefully this is just an issue with DVC?
This isn't allowed under DVC rules, when using DVC points, and you are on a DVC board. BLT is a DVC property. It is possible that OP is staying with cash, but not likely.

The cash rooms do charge per guest. It is easy to change and Disney will charge you accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter