Add-On contract: Same UY, Different resort?

BeBopaSaurus

Do the next right thing
I have tried to read up on these forums to get my answer, and just wanted to double check my understanding:

If I “add-on” a small 25-50 point contract direct, keep the same UY but a different home resort, will they both be under the same membership number? Does this mean I can combine these points from two different resorts at the 7-month window to make one booking? Without having to call member services for a transfer?

Does it matter if the add-on contract is added on to a direct contract or a resale contract?

Thanks in advance!

Same UY and titled the same then yes, they would be the same membership and could be used together easily at 7 months. No difference between direct or resale.

Yes at 7 months they’ll all be combinable.

Direct or resale doesn’t matter - unless it’s Riviera you’re after, those need to be direct points or resale with Riviera as a home (but then not combinable as it can only be used at Riviera)

Yes at 7 months they’ll all be combinable.

Direct or resale doesn’t matter - unless it’s Riviera you’re after, those need to be direct points or resale with Riviera as a home (but then not combinable as it can only be used at Riviera)
Thanks!!

Can I ask why you'd want to buy a small contract direct instead of resale? I can't think of any reason to buy direct under 150 unless you really love Riviera.

I have a number of contracts in my use year at different resorts. They are all listed with contract number xxxxx.1, xxxxx.2 and so on.

Can I ask why you'd want to buy a small contract direct instead of resale? I can't think of any reason to buy direct under 150 unless you really love Riviera.
We own two contracts, one direct, one resale, SSR & BLT. I had the bright idea of suggesting to my extended family we have a “family reunion” next summer at WDW, and much to my surprise they all went for it.

So now I’m looking at using points (with the ability to cancel should anyone back out) to book a couple of 2BR’s next year. We’re a few points shy of what we could book with OTU points. So we’re seeing this as an opportunity to maybe add a 3rd resort, whose points could be used every few years with banking/borrowing, but I’d need to use them next year to combine with my other points on a reservation. Plus, buying direct I can get this year’s points and bank them.

My booking window is about 8 months out, so not enough time to find and close on the right resale contract. Resale and time crunch don’t go together. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I have a number of contracts in my use year at different resorts. They are all listed with contract number xxxxx.1, xxxxx.2 and so on.
My two current contracts are different UY’s, different membership #’s, so not combinable at all without MS help. I just wasn’t sure how it would work if I added on to a current contract.
Thanks!

We own two contracts, one direct, one resale, SSR & BLT. I had the bright idea of suggesting to my extended family we have a “family reunion” next summer at WDW, and much to my surprise they all went for it.

So now I’m looking at using points (with the ability to cancel should anyone back out) to book a couple of 2BR’s next year. We’re a few points shy of what we could book with OTU points. So we’re seeing this as an opportunity to maybe add a 3rd resort, whose points could be used every few years with banking/borrowing, but I’d need to use them next year to combine with my other points on a reservation. Plus, buying direct I can get this year’s points and bank them.

My booking window is about 8 months out, so not enough time to find and close on the right resale contract. Resale and time crunch don’t go together. 🤷🏼‍♀️
That's actually hilarious because I'm in the *exact* same situation, except I'm lucky enough to have the time to do resale. My main contract is at Saratoga and my whole family decided they're coming with us to Animal Kingdom Lodge in January 2023. But in order to fit everyone's budget, I need access to Animal Kingdom Value rooms, i.e. I need an Animal Kingdom home resort contract. Currently waiting on ROFR.

That's actually hilarious because I'm in the *exact* same situation, except I'm lucky enough to have the time to do resale. My main contract is at Saratoga and my whole family decided they're coming with us to Animal Kingdom Lodge in January 2023. But in order to fit everyone's budget, I need access to Animal Kingdom Value rooms, i.e. I need an Animal Kingdom home resort contract. Currently waiting on ROFR.
Well good luck to you!! DH thinks I’m crazy for taking this on, and I know I won’t be able to please everyone in my extended family, but I’d rather be stressed at WDW then stressed someplace else! 😊

Well good luck to you!! DH thinks I’m crazy for taking this on, and I know I won’t be able to please everyone in my extended family, but I’d rather be stressed at WDW then stressed someplace else! 😊
We've done this group before, but this is our first time in DVC. My general approach is usually "I'll book your room and tell you where my clan will be on which days, you can take it or leave it."

This is why we don't do ANYTHING with (large groups) of extended family. If I can keep them all, and all THEIR interpersonal drama at arms length, then no one needs to find out what I really think about half of them...LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter